• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    i know something usefull for this hack... make a script, and after you deliver the package to ur uncle, your mom calls you, and say's its time for bed...

edit: i found a glitch. after the battle with rocket grunt, and when you try to exit the forest, the game freezes (i tried the left part, not right)

Last edited:

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Good Hack \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

i found a glitch. after the battle with rocket grunt, and when you try to exit the forest, the game freezes (i tried the left part, not right)

Yeah, that happened to me to.

This hack i excellent, but it has a lot of glitches.

For example, when i lost to the first gym (gallaia city) i got stuck in a bunch of trees. Before that i went into the Contest Hall, and i left. I was in Lilycove City. But otherwise, its good.

Last edited:

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Hehe, it froze for me too.

On top of that, if you faint at the cave, and you didn't heal at the Pokemon Center, you're sent to the city where you have to deliver the parcel to the Old Man.

And once you get transported from your dream into the city, you can actually go two steps into the boulder behind you.

And finally, what happens to the Mom and Uncle once you leave in your dream? Won't they worry?

I want to say that this hack could use some tuning on the realism, but it's a Pokemon game, so it doesn't need that much realism. XD.

But, this is still a pre-alpha, so tons of glitches are expected. As everyone else said, this hack is a great beta, but still needs work. After all, nothing's perfect!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2007
    after i beat the first gym leader and got the bloom badge what do i do? I can't find the guy who gives you the Cut HM

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    OK, now I have an alpha to try tomorrow. I know that, glitches apart, it will be a great game.

But, on the other hand, I'm kinda happy to know that I'm not the only one that has to deal with a lot of glitches. Jojo! ;)
    I know you'll be able to deal with them! Happy fixing! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Yay! The pre-alpha has come out, however, it doesn't work...I need to check...

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2007
    holla

after i beat the team rocket grunts why does it freeze when i try to leave valkyre forest? where is that gym what you talkin about?

please help me :(

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Well well, now look at this. XD

The Christos has won the Hack of the Year. =P

Congrats on earning this award. :D
    You've put a lot of work and effort into you Hack, and people have noticed that. ^^

And now, without any further talk...
    Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Tadaa~ XD

This neat little thingy will get your Hack stickied for a half year~ =P

Congratulations again, and...

~stickied~

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Cool, hack of the year. :D
    That thingie is useful, I'll keep it safe. :P

About the glitches... I'll fix all of them and I will also remove Blackthorn. You will start in Legian Town and you'll have to visit the center to deliver the package.

Blackandy

Rock On!
    Years
    Congrats in winning HOtY Christos, well done and hope you can fix all the glitches and I wish you luck with completing this hack:D

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Yeah, congrats bud. You won. You've got awards not just an award, you/re doing pretty well Christos. Best of wishes to you.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I congratulate you Christos!. You are one of the best representatives of the hacking community, I'm about to play the hack awarded as the best, I'm excited!

Congrats, and keep working! You've just become my hero!!! Haha!!! :laugh:

Oh, I've just noticed that it won by only 5 votes... That's what I'd call a close call!... It was very cool to vote!, I hope the voting thing returns for the next year (since I've seen the story of pokecommunity, and seems like in the past the voting thing wasn't popular)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Congratulations Christos! It must be great to have a hack that's best of the year 2006...must be such an honour.

Sorry for sounding n00bie, but I'm not sure what's wrong: it's not working. So does it depend on the Emerald ROM (I don't think there's anything wrong with Emerald ROm, though)? I'm not sure...it would be great to sample the best hack of 2006!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    Well no question this is a good hack but I spose you must be pleased with it because there wasn't much decent competition in 2006 HOTY...

I'm not sold on Return to Johto due to a lack of updates and no demo, Quartz has new Pokes only (pretty good spriting) and if Secrets & Rumours and Saffron can make it in, anything can! (No offense to the makers of those hacks)

If Scizz had posted the HOTY voting later than mid-year then LO and ShinyGold would have good competition :)

Anyways, congrats man good luck and don't let this die

P.S Let's hope my hack can get somewhere eh? I'll get to at least first gym before posting it though

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well... Played the game, and first thing is to recognize how great look FR graphics, but combined with Emerald's features, that's the highest point in the whole game, and that alone is worth of a Hack of the Year...

But that's not all, as I was playing I decided to take note of all the things that were worth of my attention (some can be glitches, but most are just comments, since I'm not a "Glitch Hunter"). So here I go:

*Nice touch at the beggining - trying to convince us there was an earthquake!
    *So, we live in Blackthorn City, that's quite interesting! (Too bad you're planning to remove it now...)
    *At least make your uncle advise the player that he looks tired and he should take a nap, or something... (but making the player going into a "dream world" is a winner move, you shouldn't remove the idea!)
    *Probably you forgot to give a script to the policeman in Legian Town
    *Ah... It's so nice that the first pokemon to capture are not Pidgeys, Rattatas or the likes.
    *Losing without going into a PC at the beggining of the game is a serious problem, considering the player has only one pokemon, the cave is quite big, and there are two trainers... (I will not go that way, since I wasn't supposed to go that way)
    *I suppose you can't add the Calling Option when you give the PokeNav yet? (you calling the trainers)
    *Found ya! Snorlax hiding between the trees near IKARIA TRAIN STATION... :P
    *Since money is so important for the progress of the game, you should be careful with that... Make sure the player has a way to earn money (I had to sell my potions to get a Ticket :()
    *Am I the only one that thinks the sound is a bit disturbing...? (specially when you are about to battle a trainer, or at the moment of the event with Erika and the Rockets)
    *Wow! Now Team Rocket really is serious, look a Bagon! :shocked:
    *And that's how my Alpha ended... I tried to use the north exit from Valkyrie Forest, it seems it's not available, or fixed, or something yet. Sigh, I wanted to try a Gym... (Have I skipped something?, do I need to backtrack somewhere?)(I know I could fix it, but I want the hacker to do the work ;))
    *Alright, I tried backtracking till I ended back in Legian Town. Now what? By the way the script with Erika wanting you to go to her house so she gives your starter also happens again (it happened two times to me, then didn't happen again (but I've saved then continued, perhaps the flag's condition is getting forgotten, if you get me...)
    *Oh, by the way, all of the names for cities, etc. are really awesome!

That is all. Just be ready because "with a great award comes a great responsability" (where'd I get that?, jojo!), now the game must keep on the road it's already in, the road to the sucess!
    Congrats once again, and even now more Good Luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The sounds are like that in normal Emerald, too. I'm trying to find the flag for the match call, only I don't remember where you get it in Emerald.

I've fixed all the glitches. The alpha won't take long, I'm almost done.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I'm trying to find the flag for the match call, only I don't remember where you get it in Emerald.

You got it as soon as you walk out of the Devon Building, a scientist comes, makes a modification to the Pokenav, then you must use the calling option to call the President of Devon Corp. (who I remember says something about watching you from inside the top of the building... :P) The flag should be somewhere over there, good luck trying to find it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back