• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    hey...when i star pokemon l.o. it throws me back to menu and i cant play...what is the problem ?

Years
  • Strange... after whiting out in Halcus Mines, I wanted to get my revenge, but as I exited Legian Town an invisible Erika said I had to come to her house... She said this every time I wanted to return to Legian Town, so I couldn't go back. When I entered and exited her house, though, the bug was gone. Is this a glitch or is it my ROM's fault?

Also, I can't enter the Mart in Legian Town for some reason...

And if I try to read the Pokémon Center/Mart description, the game freezes.

In the north of Legian Town, I saw a weird Diglett hole... is it supposed to be there? Cuz it looks pretty weird next to the grass...

I can walk through the furniture in my house and through a tree in Legian Pass. Also, the computer in my room can talk!

In the Legian Town Pokémon Center, I can walk through (part of) the bookcase.

EDIT: After healing my Pokémon at the Center in Legian Town, Erika takes me to her home again! I couldn't return to Legian Town, until I talked to Erika in her house.

Is it my ROM's fault or are these glitches that you accidently put in the game?

Anyway, great hack, I can't wait for the next beta!

EDIT2: I found more bugs!

When I try to read the Pokémon Center description in Akira Town, I get an ????????.

I can't enter the house with the red roof in Akira Town.

EDIT3: Some more.

In Gallaia City, I can't enter the big house with the orange roof.

In one of the ohuses in Gallaia City, the music hasn't been changed yet.

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • The hack is not bad at all, you seem to actually know what you're doing here. I saw your region map, and it looks a LOT like Kanto. You need to erase it all and make your own that isnt based off of another map. Thats what I did with Brown, and it's what I'm going to do with Prism and Rijon Adv.

This is a general rule I take with making ANY maps. I clear everyting out and start from scratch to make sure that people cannot tell what map it used to be. I noticed the second town was based off the second town of R/S (can't remember name right now). You did a good job of mixing up routes.

Good luck on your hack! Remember, when making a map, ERASE ALL THE TILES first and start from scratch. This should be used for every hack, 90% of the hacks ive seen it's very obvious the map was based off Littleroot -groans-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The region map looks like Kanto because editing the region's map location will take time. And the game will start where Vermillion is now so it won't feel a lot like Kanto. But I'm planning to change some parts of it when an easier way is found for editing the map locations and stuff.

That's what I do with every map, clear and resize it. The second town does look like Oldale, I remade that map a lot of time and I think it doesn't look like Oldale so much. But I'm planning to change that town too.

I've done a few more maps of routes, I may post a few screenshots later.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • The region map looks like Kanto because editing the region's map location will take time.

Of course it will take time, basically the region map is your game. Back when I was working on Brown, I didn't know how to edit the world map yet, so I drew on paper a template of the games region. Within time, it slowly changed into what it is now. So do a few sketches of a new town map and see if you think any of them would be useful. They don't have to be detailed and exact at this phase, just draw what comes to mind of what might make a good region. I drew about six town maps and chose the one I liked the most to work on. One of the other maps turned into Naljo (Which was actually created before Rijon, and the first town map I drew), and another, South Rijon.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it, besides it's YOUR hack! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2007
    Aweome! The banner was really well done! Do you know how I can get a hold of Green Charizard?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Har D Har, this is an english speaking forum. Please only write in english in your posts.
    That language can get annoying and some people can't be even bothered to translate it.

And about the hack, exams will be over in two weeks so then I'll be able to work a lot on it.
    I have 3 more maps done, I'll post screenshots of them later today.

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    I ask this before but it didn't get answered

What is the furthest you can get on the alpha because i cant get past the snorlax

thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I ask this before but it didn't get answered

What is the furthest you can get on the alpha because i cant get past the snorlax

thanks

You can get to the first gym in the alpha version.

And here are some screenshots.

Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

New indoor maps.

Akira Town, the second town that the old map of it looked like Oldale.

A route east of Legian town.

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    You can get to the first gym in the alpha version.

And here are some screenshots

could someone plz tell me how to get past the snorlax then or is my version all weird

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back