• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
Oh thanks, yeah I'm still working on it, but I'm overhauling a lot of what you already know and love. I'm packing in a lot of content and polishing everything up, but lots of real life things keep getting in the way of progress. I've long since corrected the errors you mentioned, so no worries there. Also, what exactly do you want to do? You said you want to continue playing but you cant and there's so much you want to do, I'd love to hear what that might be.

Also, no need to worry about the slow speeds, the current release is so old, I hate even looking at it. This new release is so unrecognizable, I think you'll love to replay this one.

Reading that is making me eager to see what changes you've made at first glance i'll probably be astonished with the changes purely on that level but on top of that the additions you're adding story / content wise has me interested as well wondering what'll come up next.

From where the game left off it's been a while since i've played it but considering it's still early within the game there's so much you can add as part of your game it's probably too soon to add any extra features until closer completion to the game itself. i don't really have any idea what you could add pre-post game.

I actually quite like the unique way you've setup the league system within the game, Leaders to Grand Leaders was it? it's like an elite four without it being the elite four right? I don't remember the layout exactly but i do really enjoy everything you've done so far and should let you do your thing let the game shape around your desire i'm interested in seeing what happens as the story unfolds, speaking to NPC's and reading their funny little dialog such as that girl down that alley by the tree's saying that you've got a little girl cornered in an alley you better be glad nobody is watching. and i think there was a little more in there earlier within the game. i like what you're doing with it and i picture myself enjoying it for every step you make within your game.

I wish you the best for developing this game as well as for the things going on within your real life. (:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Reading that is making me eager to see what changes you've made at first glance i'll probably be astonished with the changes purely on that level but on top of that the additions you're adding story / content wise has me interested as well wondering what'll come up next.

From where the game left off it's been a while since i've played it but considering it's still early within the game there's so much you can add as part of your game it's probably too soon to add any extra features until closer completion to the game itself. i don't really have any idea what you could add pre-post game.

I actually quite like the unique way you've setup the league system within the game, Leaders to Grand Leaders was it? it's like an elite four without it being the elite four right? I don't remember the layout exactly but i do really enjoy everything you've done so far and should let you do your thing let the game shape around your desire i'm interested in seeing what happens as the story unfolds, speaking to NPC's and reading their funny little dialog such as that girl down that alley by the tree's saying that you've got a little girl cornered in an alley you better be glad nobody is watching. and i think there was a little more in there earlier within the game. i like what you're doing with it and i picture myself enjoying it for every step you make within your game.

I wish you the best for developing this game as well as for the things going on within your real life. (:
Wow! Thank you so much, I really appreciate all of your compliments, it really means a lot to me. I keep putting off the release date because I want to add more to the end of the demo so it isn't solely a polished demoV4 but I also have a lot of school responsibilities and such

If you have any ideas for features I would love to hear them, no need to feel like I'll add them later on in development, infact the next demo will include pokemon "drops" ie, defeating pokemon warrants an item for some pokemon, while at the same time there is a crafting system as well.

I'm glad you enjoy my backstory, it has a lot of depth and meaning to me since I've crafted it over so many years, and there is so much more yet to be revealed. As for the gym league, I want it to deviate from the norm, if you have any ideas I'm all ears. the main idea is that you need around 8 badges to "complete" the game, and they can be battled in any order throughout, except for the Gym Masters, which reign as the gym's "leader" who all need to be battled in order of rank. more badges equates to more accessibility in the final city, Battle City

Don't worry about development, I am very much involved in this, and this summer should be a great time, just wait heheh

Years
Wow! Thank you so much, I really appreciate all of your compliments, it really means a lot to me. I keep putting off the release date because I want to add more to the end of the demo so it isn't solely a polished demoV4 but I also have a lot of school responsibilities and such

If you have any ideas for features I would love to hear them, no need to feel like I'll add them later on in development, infact the next demo will include pokemon "drops" ie, defeating pokemon warrants an item for some pokemon, while at the same time there is a crafting system as well.

I'm glad you enjoy my backstory, it has a lot of depth and meaning to me since I've crafted it over so many years, and there is so much more yet to be revealed. As for the gym league, I want it to deviate from the norm, if you have any ideas I'm all ears. the main idea is that you need around 8 badges to "complete" the game, and they can be battled in any order throughout, except for the Gym Masters, which reign as the gym's "leader" who all need to be battled in order of rank. more badges equates to more accessibility in the final city, Battle City

Don't worry about development, I am very much involved in this, and this summer should be a great time, just wait heheh

Good things come to those who wait right, the more time it takes the more of a quality outcome it shall be you can't rush things if you want them done nicely so take the time you need it'll only enhance the experience.

When you explain the ranking system for the league such as the Gym leaders and Gym masters i like that idea basically like those skilled trainers who test your abilities (leaders) and those who trained them if i'm understanding right? now each of those Masters have a reputation and you have to earn your chance to face the next one which is also nice now once you've conquered them you have a chance to join the "Elite" Trainers at Battle city (some sort of frontier style place i imagine) similar to the main games of having access to a competitive style post game area. What i was think was there are facilities in which you can try and overcome to earn yourself special rewards or something now this is where i can't think of anything worth mentioning as my idea's lack but my general idea was that if you beat the Elite trainer (Brain/Owner) of the facility you'll get special access to say a Sevi island where you can find a rare fan-made mega evolution now i know it seems like a stretch because why add several new area's with a custom mega and honestly it seems pointless but what if they were similar to Primal pokemon or Mega Aerodactyl in the sense that because this is set in the past you can find the original forms to rare pokemon and possibly instead of just having some special pokemon you can make a little side story with how these trainers on these islands where the predecessors to the highest ranking people within the game now and these people went off in search of mysteries / rumours / folk lore basically trying to discover something only heard in legend and once they found what they were looking for they remained there trapped in the past because of some time space link to the prehistoric age to prevent them from revealing secrets to the world or something like that.

That's not so much a feature as it is just an idea of what could be a possibility.

Feature wise anything i suggest may be a rip from another game such as Delta pokemon from Pokemon Zeta/Omicron and Insurgence the interesting thing about Delta pokemon now this could tie into the story line with how Team rocket created mewtwo well what if to create mewtwo Team rocket experimented on pokemon trying to genetically modify them and they were then released or sealed away some place secret. You may not consider it due to Delta pokemon might be Fakemons and you wish to keep your game free of them but just another idea you could shape into a completely new idea.

With these new additions you've got planned i'm familiar to an extent with crafting as it reminds me of Pokemon Survival Island which was basically a game in which you had to find your items and then craft to make something of higher quality, though i'd like to know what your twist on that is.

When you say "Drops" for certain pokemon i first thing of Outlaw pokemon or some sort of Rogue pokemon that is causing troubles for people and now have a reward for teaching it a lesson i also quite like the sound of that.

You're doing a wonderful job with this game the things you bring to the table are really something i can't wait to further enjoy this game as i honestly do like each thing you add to it.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Feature wise anything i suggest may be a rip from another game such as Delta pokemon from Pokemon Zeta/Omicron and Insurgence the interesting thing about Delta pokemon now this could tie into the story line with how Team rocket created mewtwo well what if to create mewtwo Team rocket experimented on pokemon trying to genetically modify them and they were then released or sealed away some place secret. You may not consider it due to Delta pokemon might be Fakemons and you wish to keep your game free of them but just another idea you could shape into a completely new idea.
Ohohohoho
This is a parallel time line where Team rocket was working on research to create genetically modified pokemon, but things took a different an interesting turn when they were researching stones and studying eevee. The entire thing was backed by the team but there was a side team that decided to focus on mew's genetics instead (basically mew isn't that important in their minds in this world, but it was still a thing) You can think of it as a reboot using mega stones as an interesting twist, but they aren't quite that, it's an entirely new and fresh idea :P but that's all I'll say

As for crafting, you can "craft" berry juices that are different depending on the berries used, and there will be more prevalent, as well as crafting special pokeballs you can't buy
The drops will just be if you defeat pokemon, some drop pokemon specific things, other drop berries, etc

Years
Ohohohoho
This is a parallel time line where Team rocket was working on research to create genetically modified pokemon, but things took a different an interesting turn when they were researching stones and studying eevee. The entire thing was backed by the team but there was a side team that decided to focus on mew's genetics instead (basically mew isn't that important in their minds in this world, but it was still a thing) You can think of it as a reboot using mega stones as an interesting twist, but they aren't quite that, it's an entirely new and fresh idea :P but that's all I'll say

As for crafting, you can "craft" berry juices that are different depending on the berries used, and there will be more prevalent, as well as crafting special pokeballs you can't buy
The drops will just be if you defeat pokemon, some drop pokemon specific things, other drop berries, etc

Is that a teaser i sense? i'm leaning forward to the edge of my seat only time will tell what you've got brainstormed.

So crafting is in a way combining Kurt from Johto with the Berry Blender interesting indeed. Something i was disappointed about in ORAS was there wasn't the special apricorn balls you could get Kurt to make such as the Heavy ball, now i'm wondering if you're referring to those types of Apricorn balls or if you're hinting at something else. Cherish balls were event items which are unobtainable in-game from what i know is that kinda where you were going? adding in those special pokeballs you can't normally access in the main games or do you have your own special type of custom pokeballs?

The drop thing at first glance since simple and simplicity is nice but i can also imagine there could be more to it at a later time, i'm thinking that if these pokemon drop certain items it could end up being similar to the DevNav feature from ORAS where certain pokemon will end up holding some sort of rare item. Some pokemon could end up holding things like Lucky egg's, Amulet coin's, Vitamin items or something along those lines. Just another pitch that ties in with what you've got.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Is that a teaser i sense? i'm leaning forward to the edge of my seat only time will tell what you've got brainstormed.

So crafting is in a way combining Kurt from Johto with the Berry Blender interesting indeed. Something i was disappointed about in ORAS was there wasn't the special apricorn balls you could get Kurt to make such as the Heavy ball, now i'm wondering if you're referring to those types of Apricorn balls or if you're hinting at something else. Cherish balls were event items which are unobtainable in-game from what i know is that kinda where you were going? adding in those special pokeballs you can't normally access in the main games or do you have your own special type of custom pokeballs?

The drop thing at first glance since simple and simplicity is nice but i can also imagine there could be more to it at a later time, i'm thinking that if these pokemon drop certain items it could end up being similar to the DevNav feature from ORAS where certain pokemon will end up holding some sort of rare item. Some pokemon could end up holding things like Lucky egg's, Amulet coin's, Vitamin items or something along those lines. Just another pitch that ties in with what you've got.

It more or less is a teaser, I just wanted to stress that I have an interesting take on the whole team rocket R&D department that focuses on their research if they had not used mew as the prime subject but eevee in light of a world similar to ORAS where mega evolution exists - that's not to say this has anything to do with that though sooooo ;)

As for crafting I want to make it clear that this isn't just talking to a guy to make you this stuff, you're the one making it - crush certain berries and make certain things similar to potions, but with effects such as also healing poison or example, or simply healing more. To balance it out you'll need a decent amount of berries, and it will only make 1 - as for balls you'd be crafting non conventional ones like quick balls and heal balls, and I want to mes around with all the ball effects, for example the heal ball healing x health for x steps taken

I'd prefer not to let pokemon hold such weird things, perhaps mischievous pokemon that steal things, but not even then - since you're always fighting pokemon, I want the items to be things like junk items, or even just berries so it's not weird and instead something you could imagine that pkemon dropping, like sheared feathers, or poison quills

Years
It more or less is a teaser, I just wanted to stress that I have an interesting take on the whole team rocket R&D department that focuses on their research if they had not used mew as the prime subject but eevee in light of a world similar to ORAS where mega evolution exists - that's not to say this has anything to do with that though sooooo ;)

As for crafting I want to make it clear that this isn't just talking to a guy to make you this stuff, you're the one making it - crush certain berries and make certain things similar to potions, but with effects such as also healing poison or example, or simply healing more. To balance it out you'll need a decent amount of berries, and it will only make 1 - as for balls you'd be crafting non conventional ones like quick balls and heal balls, and I want to mes around with all the ball effects, for example the heal ball healing x health for x steps taken

I'd prefer not to let pokemon hold such weird things, perhaps mischievous pokemon that steal things, but not even then - since you're always fighting pokemon, I want the items to be things like junk items, or even just berries so it's not weird and instead something you could imagine that pkemon dropping, like sheared feathers, or poison quills

i'm interesting to see how this side story about team rocket turns out with Project Eevee, can't wait to see what unfolds.

I figured that's what it was but i wanted to ask anyway just to understand completely it's good the way you're doing it, it sounds to be a nifty little feature in conjunction with these drops to increase your inventory for things that may become helpful later on.
Keeping the items as they are is good because they have a purpose and to get the kinds of items i mentioned wouldn't really seem fitting so i get what you mean.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
When I try to run the exe, nothing happens. I tried changing the compatibility to xp and stuff like that, but it's still not working. halp

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
When I try to run the exe, nothing happens. I tried changing the compatibility to xp and stuff like that, but it's still not working. halp

Could be a problem with your RGSS (RPG Maker), the engine this game runs on. I'd suggest uninstalling it and re-installing.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
Could be a problem with your RGSS (RPG Maker), the engine this game runs on. I'd suggest uninstalling it and re-installing.

Oh. I didn't even have it installed. Figured I didn't need to since the wiki page only told me to extract the rar and run the exe lol. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
Oh. I didn't even have it installed. Figured I didn't need to since the wiki page only told me to extract the rar and run the exe lol. Thanks.

As far as I know all these pokemon fan-made games are either ROM hacks (which need a GBA or an emulator to run) or are based on the RGSS (RPG Maker). Different games may require a different version.
Did it fixed the issue though?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
As far as I know all these pokemon fan-made games are either ROM hacks (which need a GBA or an emulator to run) or are based on the RGSS (RPG Maker). Different games may require a different version.
Did it fixed the issue though?

I'm not sure which version I should get, tbh. I'll try it when I have the time to.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
The game looks amazing but i want to know the answer to this question:
Is the Game still Developing?
Also the download link is not working please help

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
If you've been trying to download my "latest demo" I apologize, but it's too old and not any representation of the current demo. That being said, I'm hard at work remaking nearly the entire game.

From the very beginning I've been striving to be as gender inclusive as possible and sensitive to people who have been excluded from representation in general. I attempted this before by making a gender fluid main character who cross-dresses. However I've deviated from this in a better way. Before, it wasn't obvious that the character didn't have a real "gender" in the sense of being strictly male/female. So now I've changed the whole idea of it. The character can still cross-dress and wear any outfit that exists, but the gender is a bit different. I've done what I have not seen anywhere else, thanks to @cilerbaa when you choose your gender, you have 3 options:
Male, Female, Other. When choosing male or female, the game automatically changes all pronouns to be male or female respectively. However, when choosing "Other" you are given several text options where you type in anything (up to 16 characters) for "His/hers" "He/she" "Him/her" "Himself/herself". In this way you can called anything you want, if there are specific pronouns you prefer to be called, ANY pronoun you WANT to be called YOU WILL BE CALLED IT. Or, if you prefer to have a silly name, and want to make the game say ridiculous things to you, go for it, by all means, you have 16 characters to work with, instead of saying "She chose a squirtle" you can have it be "Why would you chose a squirtle" it's a game, have fun or feel represented.

Furthermore, I'm implementing new ideas and concepts more reminiscent of RPG's such as a "PULSE" which is the characters stats: Perception Utility Luck Speech Empathy. At the beginning of the game when you choose your character you also get to choose your PULSE. In the game's lore, everyone has Aura (this is a bigger deal I assure you!) and the wavelength of everyone varies. (you see, your pulse refers to your aura wavelength, yeah I know, I'm very clever)

Continuing this, Aura will be playing a much larger role in my game. It was meant to be a major story element, but it sort of got lost in what I've been working on lately, so, in reworking everything, I've been working with the idea that Aura is the CENTRAL key to the story. Everything revolves around it, and stems from it. As of late, I've been very much involved in working on Gen 2 aspects, and nearly changed Litharreon to Gen 2 entirely. However, I love the Gen 3 work I've done, and I love those OW's as well. As a way of satisfying both of these aspects, while changing the gameplay and story elements I've decided to make Time Travel a lot more prevalent as well! It's accomplished through Aura, and becomes a key feature for how you look at puzzles in the world. From being able to change things in the past to affect the present, to getting to different areas in the past through cleared paths in the present - the use of Time Travel is a lot more streamlined and hopefully will make for an interesting gaming experience.

Originally, the rivals were the group Agatha and Oak were apart of, with a third member who was an OC. The game as a whole takes place in the past, and it would have young Oak and Agatha. But the prospect of making an original game with established characters is not only difficult, it's pretty awkward to play with; which brings me to my next point:

RIVALS
The rivals are no longer established characters, instead you will have 3 rivals with more information coming later.
For now, you can think of the male rival as one who is "rough around the edges." He's from one town over, and not actually your friend, instead you happen to get your first Pokemon at the same time, and just become friends. He's nice, but doesn't open up until later on and after you spend more time with him. He looks like a 50's greaser, but is actually nice when you get to know him, it's only at first that he seems rough and unfriendly. There are optional quests and things you can do with him which increases your friendship with him, and this is where you learn more about him and who he is. He has higher stats in Utility and Empathy but lower in Speech and Perception. [He will replace Selena's role]

The other rival you meet nearly immediately is a girl who is best described as a sweet little watermelon. She is adorable and sweet but incredibly intelligent, independent and rather nerdy. She is very outgoing and sweet to people, but also trivializes most things, as she feels she is too smart to really take them too seriously. She replaces Oak's role as the one who gives you the Pokedex, as she has been researching recent technological advancements, and found a way to make a catalog of Pokemon that you encounter. The more you get to know her the more she'll start to take thing seriously and take on greater responsibilities. She is an independent woman who doesn't require validation of any other character or figure to be established as one herself, but she grows as she comes in more contact with people who, while not as smart as her, have values where she lacks greatly herself. She has very high stats in Perception and Empathy but very low Speech and Luck.

The third rival is more of a mystery for a reason, she is a true rival to everything you are trying to do. She stands in your way at every turning point and every major story point. She, like you, is an Aura Reaver. This term is new to most, if not, all of you - but has existed for so long. It was meant to be a plot element revealed later on, but will be revealed in pieces a bit sooner than planned. Her being an Aura Reaver means that the things you do can be done, while in a different way, by her as well, and the attempts you make for good, can be undone by her as well.

Finally, the Evil team has been reworked. Before they were members of silph in an alternate timeline, where in attempting to create the ultimate pokemon, they used Eevee instead of Mew. while this is still their initial goal, it's no longer the "alternate timeline" version of Silph. Instead it's was the first attempt of the members of [REDACTED]. However, after this failure, they have shifted their focus to the use of Aura to achieve their goals. After their failed attempt, their organization took a major loss. The remaining members changed their focus to try and create peace through different means rather than with power. Their goal is now to "Create the most amount of peace and prosperity amongst the greatest number of people." However, the way they go about this, with the use of Aura, will surprise you! I hope to create a compelling antagonist group with cool ideas, and gray areas that challenge how you look at them in reflection.

This is just some of the things I've been working on lately in the development of Litharreon. I hope you can see why, with all of this underway, I would be embarrassed of the "latest demo" of Litharreon. It in no way represents my vision anymore, and doesn't show my skill as a developer anymore. Good news though! a lot of this is either existing, or being worked on, and I hope to have a playable demo within a month or two. There is no definitive deadline or anything, but the demo is coming very soon. I have a lot on my plate, but should have a lot more free time coming soon, so I hope to work more on this project! I hope you enjoy this announcement, it is in no way EVERYTHING I have been working on (I'm a little sneak) but everything will be revealed some day! Enjoy your weekends everyone!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
0OJ5AD5.png

Finished the female rival and felt like showing it off since she didn't have a name before :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
If you've been trying to download my "latest demo" I apologize, but it's too old and not any representation of the current demo. That being said, I'm hard at work remaking nearly the entire game.
-Radical Raptr

Please read at least the previous few posts prior to making one yourself. It helps things go much more smoothly in all forums everywhere.

Back