• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lost Gold ( The next Chapter )

What should i do to improve it?

• The tilesets

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • The story

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • The game all together

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • The maps?!?!?!

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Hire me thats what!!!

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Get a better team!

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • The OWs sprites

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • The casual people OWs

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • In-battle sprites

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Evrything

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • More than one of the above(please state)

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Nonthing nintendork15 its all good and ur the best

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    3 criticisms: 1: You still haven't learnt tile inserting, despite my offer to teach you? Don't rely on that ROM Base, as the pallettes look kinda iffy on it. Especially the wild grass. It doesn't fit the overall theme of the rest of the tiles, no matter what you will replace them with.

JOENNPATH.jpg

The mountain edges here defy physics, especially the ones with the stairs. Look carefully at where they join at the North and South, it looks wrong, and is physically wrong.

ROUTE29-1.jpg

Wrong tree base on some of them (check all the green ones, you put the yellow base on them!)

Oh, and TRY to add new things. You may say it isn't a GSC remake, but from the screenies at the tope, it is hard to see it NOT being a remake, so maybe update them with NEW things. This screenshot and description makes it seem like a GSC remake:

Silver script(sprite needed)
    Silverscript.png

It was orginally going to be a remake
    but then i realised it wouldnt be unique so
    its not a reamke
    No KANTO
    Just JOHTO AND HOENN

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hey NEW UPDATES ABOVE

and

Should i make it so you can battle Brendan at that part of the game?
    or just a friendly hello

Years
  • Right, firstly...
    If this is not a remake, you still should try and stick to the Pokemon Story. RSE takes place at the same time as FRLG/RBY, therefore Brendan completed his journey three years before Gold started his. If this isn't a remake and you're going to include Brendan, you'd be better off making a new player/hero altogether.
    I don't think you should battle Brendan there, since he's moving to Hoenn, he shouldn't be battled until you go to Hoenn. (Obviously what you're trying to do to be original is replace Kanto with Hoenn, so as the "Epic Battle" of the game, you should battle Brendan at the end). Create new heros, and a new Johto Rival- let Brendan be a friend.
    Anyway, secondly...
    Above, you admitted to basing the New Bark map off the Shiny Gold one- and that you've now edited it.
    I now know why- sorry to say, but you really need to work on mapping. You're trying to impress everyone with what's included in the hack, but.. It's nothing that special, to be honest.
    (btw, that Cianwood map, and the Route next to New Bark, they're both from Shiny Gold, I'm pretty sure). There is a huge contrast in the mapping styles of the New Bark, Route, and Cianwood map, and Joenn Path's map- which is obviously the only map you've done yourself.
    1. The Joenn Path map is too straight. Route's need to have a bit more.. Twists and such. Add some trees, too. But, read on...
    2. As someone has said, the mountain placement is not physically possible- they're joining up incorrectly, you need to add more layers, etc.
    3. Make the whole thing twice, if not three times as long. It's joining Johto and Hoenn, and it shouldn't be properly accessible until you've got the 8th badge. Look at Tojoh falls/the Kanto Route that leads to Johto. You can surf across to Kanto when you've got the fourth badge, but you can't go any further til you get Waterfall, and beat Claire.
    From you're map, Hoenn is fully accessible to the Player when they reach Cianwood. Ok, so what you need to do is..
    1. Make that map a lot longer. Seriously, go nuts here.
    2. Add the need to use a few HMs, with perhaps a Waterfall at the end of the route or something, to stop the Player from being able to get too close to Hoenn early in the game.
    3. Add some more trees, and fix up the mountain placement.
    (I highly recommend you read a mapping tutorial, and think before you map. You don't seem to understand how to use certain tiles, and that can result in bad, illogical maps like Joenn Path here).
    Sorry for the long post, and I hope I didn't offend you or your work here (but seriously... Ditch the Shiny Gold maps, man. Try harder to be original).

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Right, firstly...
    If this is not a remake, you still should try and stick to the Pokemon Story. RSE takes place at the same time as FRLG/RBY, therefore Brendan completed his journey three years before Gold started his. If this isn't a remake and you're going to include Brendan, you'd be better off making a new player/hero altogether.
    I don't think you should battle Brendan there, since he's moving to Hoenn, he shouldn't be battled until you go to Hoenn. (Obviously what you're trying to do to be original is replace Kanto with Hoenn, so as the "Epic Battle" of the game, you should battle Brendan at the end). Create new heros, and a new Johto Rival- let Brendan be a friend.
    Anyway, secondly...
    Above, you admitted to basing the New Bark map off the Shiny Gold one- and that you've now edited it.
    I now know why- sorry to say, but you really need to work on mapping. You're trying to impress everyone with what's included in the hack, but.. It's nothing that special, to be honest.
    (btw, that Cianwood map, and the Route next to New Bark, they're both from Shiny Gold, I'm pretty sure). There is a huge contrast in the mapping styles of the New Bark, Route, and Cianwood map, and Joenn Path's map- which is obviously the only map you've done yourself.
    1. The Joenn Path map is too straight. Route's need to have a bit more.. Twists and such. Add some trees, too. But, read on...
    2. As someone has said, the mountain placement is not physically possible- they're joining up incorrectly, you need to add more layers, etc.
    3. Make the whole thing twice, if not three times as long. It's joining Johto and Hoenn, and it shouldn't be properly accessible until you've got the 8th badge. Look at Tojoh falls/the Kanto Route that leads to Johto. You can surf across to Kanto when you've got the fourth badge, but you can't go any further til you get Waterfall, and beat Claire.
    From you're map, Hoenn is fully accessible to the Player when they reach Cianwood. Ok, so what you need to do is..
    1. Make that map a lot longer. Seriously, go nuts here.
    2. Add the need to use a few HMs, with perhaps a Waterfall at the end of the route or something, to stop the Player from being able to get too close to Hoenn early in the game.
    3. Add some more trees, and fix up the mountain placement.
    (I highly recommend you read a mapping tutorial, and think before you map. You don't seem to understand how to use certain tiles, and that can result in bad, illogical maps like Joenn Path here).
    Sorry for the long post, and I hope I didn't offend you or your work here (but seriously... Ditch the Shiny Gold maps, man. Try harder to be original).

Like i said earlier i have NOT copied Shiny golds maps
    I have look at them and made them on my ROM i have a few changes and i made that CIANWOOD CITY and ROUTE 29 myself!

2. the goin to hoenn there will be a new map soon with waterfalls in and such and a gaurd not letting you through without CLAIRE's LETTER
    wich you cannot receive without defeating clair and goin to dragon's den

3. If you notice there are some differences between my maps and shiny golds maps

Eg all me maps are goin to be connected
    shiny golds ARE NOT

And last but not least
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT BRENDANS ADVENTURE TOOK PLACE AT THE SAME
    TIME AS RBY

and cant i use imagination look around everyone uses imanation in thier hacks!

apart from that thanks for critism

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    New updates:
    New bark
    NEWBARKTOWN-1.jpg

Cherry grove
    CHERRYGROVECITY.jpg

Route 30
    ROUTE30.jpg

Route 31
    Route31.jpg

and voilet city!!! (based on hgss style)
    voiletcitynew-1.jpg

All made from scratch :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    NEWBARKTOWN-1.jpg

Border Block Error behind the Lab, may want to look at that. Also, by switching the doors, you created a tile error.

CHERRYGROVECITY.jpg

ROUTE30.jpg

Both of these maps are VERY annoying with their 1 tile thin gaps, annoying many players endlessly (especially in the route!). Also, the wild Pokemon grass pallette needs fixing. Like I said, don't rely on ROM Bases, try editing them.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Umm... ok
    thanks
    but how does new doors create tile errors ? O.o

And i am trying to insert new grass to match the pallete but better
    and Thanks for telling me ^_^

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    It just looks wrong to me. Perhaps it doesn't create errors, but it doesn't suit the houses to me... Perhaps changing the pallettes of the doors to fit the houses. But, it is your hack.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    UPDATE AGAIN
    I have got from my Co-MApper SWIFTSIGN
    The ne ilex forest
    Woop!Woop!
    ILEXFOREST.jpg

Made by him from scratch
    Looks better than the orginal

NotoriouzElmo

Armed and Dangerious :)
    Years
  • ilex forest looks really good! will u be trying to add the same thing that hg/ss did with the farfetched moving around or will u insert sumthin new ?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looks like you haven't fully converted the map I gave you to fit the ROM base, there are quite a few errors that need to be fixed by block editing ~

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    To SWIFT SIGN yes i will do that

And other guy
    there will be no farfetch'd
    There will be your rival attacking a man
    you defeat your rival and heal the man back to health^^

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    NEW UPDATES PLZ LIKE :(

New bark

Route 29

Cherrygrove City

Route 30

Mystery Guy (Bigger purpose than you think) ;)

Gah! He grumpy :(

Tiles found on google credit to who owns them
    Tile insertong taught by Banjora
    And Scripts by Pereinfig
    and maps by Me & Swift Sign

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    The sand path tile has a dodgy edge. You may want to fix that as soon as possible, as it looks... Ugly.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    New updates:
    Morepictures.png

@Banjora
    I have fixed the path part
    to make it a little more like heart gold too ^^

Still needed: Music inserter and World map inserter

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    MORE UPDATES:
    43.png
    44.png
    45.png
    46.png
    47.png
    35.png
    36.png
    37.png
    38.png
    39.png
    40.png
    31.png
    32.png
    33.png
    34.png
    30.png

Myserty man reveals himself
    25-1.png
    26.png
    27.png

Lets not give away too much ;)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    @halosonic
    Lol coool
    Thanks for supporting (i think)
    Well the beta will be out sooon i just need the get a pokédex script them im done

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    In the Gym one of the NPCs uses the same OW as the character, should probably change that. Nice progress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back