• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mahogany Version

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Sorry for the double post, but I have an update.

-
FemaleGruntFalse-1.png

Ah, what could this be? Is it an important member of the story? Is it just some useless sprite? You tell me.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF POSTING AN UPDATE IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!?

Well, I'm pretty sure whoever it is has red hair...

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I think I can read the text on the one covered with black, "Team Snagga Grunt James"?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I think I can read the text on the one covered with black, "Team Snagga Grunt James"?
Yes.

First Picture:James(Maybe..)
Second Picture:Jessi(...)
I think.:)
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

The blurred-out text obviously says "Jessi", so welcome to your own hack's plotline! XD
EDIT: REALLY late on posting. :S
Indeed.

Okeh, so you all guessed it pretty quickly. Basically, these are two generic Grunts, with comically matching names. This whole deal was to show off mah new Snagga Grunt sprites. Without further ado...
-
FemaleGrunt.png
MaleGrunt.png

Comments?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Jeez, I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet, Jesse. Love the new/old name too, btw. :3

Anyway, the story looks good. Simple, but good. Few grammatical errors is definitely a plus. I hope that trend continues through your hack, too. :D

...I dunno about all of the move changes (changing what the people know isn't always good) but I do like the name Gale Charge. :3

I love your choice of tiles (at least, in the Valencia Pass screens; I dunno if you've changed since). They mesh very well.

His fakemon are incredibly awesome, and I'm glad you used some. I like 'em. :D (Btw, I like how you left the original name in the screenshots so we can see what they replaced although I'm sure that's not a product of laziness or anything)

You seem to like that ATK>DEF and DEF>ATK evolution.

As far as the TMs; they're awesome (new stuff is good), but are those the only changed ones? The ones in this post, I mean.

Hehehe... Dr. Oddigem. Did anyone else get that?

The "optional" graphics look good, and so do the Snagga Grunts. :D

It really does look awesome, Jesse, and I can't wait to play it.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Jeez, I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet, Jesse. Love the new/old name too, btw. :3

Anyway, the story looks good. Simple, but good. Few grammatical errors is definitely a plus. I hope that trend continues through your hack, too. :D
Yep, they'res gonna be more subplots throughout as well, but that's just the basis. Yes, I hate grammar errors too, so I'll try'n keep 'em out of mah hack. (:

...I dunno about all of the move changes (changing what the people know isn't always good) but I do like the name Gale Charge. :3
Meh, I just changed things I never really liked. It doesn't make a huge impact on the game though. ;)

I love your choice of tiles (at least, in the Valencia Pass screens; I dunno if you've changed since). They mesh very well.
The main tiles are the same throughout, but with added buildings for each town and what not.

His fakemon are incredibly awesome, and I'm glad you used some. I like 'em. :D (Btw, I like how you left the original name in the screenshots so we can see what they replaced although I'm sure that's not a product of laziness or anything)
(: It was totally not laziness.

You seem to like that ATK>DEF and DEF>ATK evolution.
Yeah, I just couldn't think of any better way to do most of them, do you have any ideas?

As far as the TMs; they're awesome (new stuff is good), but are those the only changed ones? The ones in this post, I mean.
Yes, along with cut and flash changed.

Hehehe... Dr. Oddigem. Did anyone else get that?
Shhhh...:P

The "optional" graphics look good, and so do the Snagga Grunts. :D
Thank you. (:

It really does look awesome, Jesse, and I can't wait to play it.
Don't play the Pre-Alpha, they'res a ton of improvements I've done to it since then. ;)

I knew it,
Anyways nice and cool sprites.
Yes.

---

Okay, I'm not exactly what I have, but I am going to the doctor tomorrow to find out. I've missed school all this week so far, and I feel like total ****. I did manage to edit some Kanto sprites with their HGSS counterparts, however.

Back