• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Love this hack especially the music hacking. I love the trainer battle music. Good luck in your hacking man. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Love this hack especially the music hacking. I love the trainer battle music. Good luck in your hacking man. :D

Thank you! You're going to like this update then.

-------------------------------------
    New Music

I wrote and inserted a new song today for trainer battles. Although, I don't know if I should use it for Gym Leaders or regular trainer battles. It you have a few minutes of spare time, listen to each of these songs, and let me know which song you think should be the Gym Leader Battle theme and which one should be the regular Trainer Battle theme:

Candidate #1: https://soundcloud.com/huderlem/trainer-battle-2-maize-version
    Candidate #2: https://soundcloud.com/huderlem/wild-battle-theme-in-maize

Candidate #1 is the new song I just wrote.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    For candidate 1#, i think it is more suitable on regular trainer battle while the second one for Gym Leader. :D That's my opinion though.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Candidate #1 sounds more intense than candidate #2 in my opinion. I think candidate #1 should be used for the gym leaders, and candidate #2 for regular trainer battles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    After getting feedback from several people, in addition to the two replies above, I'm going to be using Candidate #1 for the Gym Leader music, and Candidate #2 will remain the regular trainer battle music. I'll probably end up creating a song more suitable for regular trainer battles in the future.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Hey everybody. I just wanted to pop in to give an update on this game. I took a month off from working on this because I was feeling burned out on it. The good news is that I started working on it again this week!

I've added a new route west of Quartz City. Yesterday, I added Tyrogue and Hitmontop, and I made Tyrogue's evolutions work as expected.

Years
  • This hack is good and is original, respect the sprites of the Pokemon's i think you must change the Pokemon Red Sprites for the Pokemon Gold/Silver and Crystal (Sprites likes Growlithe, and the pokemons originals of the Pokemon Red

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    This hack is good and is original, respect the sprites of the Pokemon's i think you must change the Pokemon Red Sprites for the Pokemon Gold/Silver and Crystal (Sprites likes Growlithe, and the pokemons originals of the Pokemon Red

Sorry, not gonna happen. I personally like the gen 1 pokemon sprites, so I'm going to keep them. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Hey everybody. I just wanted to pop in to give an update on this game. I took a month off from working on this because I was feeling burned out on it. The good news is that I started working on it again this week!

I've added a new route west of Quartz City. Yesterday, I added Tyrogue and Hitmontop, and I made Tyrogue's evolutions work as expected.

Yep, I've taken a break for the same reason. (So trying to start up again). Good luck with keeping up with the project.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Yep, I've taken a break for the same reason. (So trying to start up again). Good luck with keeping up with the project.

Man, we have to get these done! It's now year 5 for Maize...

----------------------------------------------------
    Update:

I finished a new route today, and I added a new song! The song is Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/huderlem/route-theme-3-green-hill-zone-from-sonic-the-hedgehog

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I've started working on an "ice cave" area. What would an ice cave be without ice to slide around on? Adding this feature was surprisingly straightforward and didn't require any crazy changes to the engine. Here's a .gif showing it off:
    Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Very nice dude! I can't wait for more updates!
    Thanks! Here's an update.

I've pretty much finished up the ice cave you see in the .gif 2 posts ago. I won't give any spoilers/specifics here, but there is an interesting event at the bottom. It has a brief custom cut scene, so you know it's a somewhat special part of the game! After I completely finish the ice cave, I'll go back to fill in the rest of Quartz city. It's currently in shambles and full of glitchy NPCs who don't say anything. See?
    Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    Take your time mate. As for myself ill wait until the final release, i prefer to wait and play a full game instead of playing it in installments

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Update time.

I've spent the last week or so adding a fully-functional Battle Factory, like those in the Battle Frontiers. It's a port of my other hack "Pokémon Red Battle Factory". Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as copy-pasting the code into Maize Version. I had to deal with some interesting problems such as how to store the player's pokemon party during the Battle Factory challenge.

If you want to read more on the specifics of the battle factory, you can read about it in it's Sideshow Showcase thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317980

If you want to see it in action, you can watch some of this Let's Play on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnHNtzPQ_JI&list=PL02k0XMDMF9eukAC9dX8V5jFV0fEbB8X7&index=1

But yeah, Maize has a Battle Factory, which I think is pretty cool! I still have to add some new Pokémon to the separate tiers, and I need to change the Factory Heads.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Mateo, I just have to thank you. You were browsing this thread when I looked at your profile a few minutes ago, and I have to say that this is an awesome project!

ShantyTown, I'm really looking forward to the full release! Due to some unfortunate circumstances with a recent beta, I no longer play Beta versions, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this project! (I only play Betas when I'm specifically requested as a Beta Tester, to clarify, and typically only by PM lol. Just trying to avoid any confusion here.)

Keep up the great work! Also, I love the icy cave you did earlier lol, looks fun! I can't wait to pick it up and have some fun on the slippery floors lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Mateo, I just have to thank you. You were browsing this thread when I looked at your profile a few minutes ago, and I have to say that this is an awesome project!

ShantyTown, I'm really looking forward to the full release! Due to some unfortunate circumstances with a recent beta, I no longer play Beta versions, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this project! (I only play Betas when I'm specifically requested as a Beta Tester, to clarify, and typically only by PM lol. Just trying to avoid any confusion here.)

Keep up the great work! Also, I love the icy cave you did earlier lol, looks fun! I can't wait to pick it up and have some fun on the slippery floors lol.
    Thanks! I guess I'm glad you were creeping on Mateo's profile. I'll definitely want some beta testers before the final version comes along. I'll keep you in mind.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Thanks! I guess I'm glad you were creeping on Mateo's profile. I'll definitely want some beta testers before the final version comes along. I'll keep you in mind.
    Drop me a private message with a link and I'll definitely give it a whirl!

I'd be more than happy to help with a Gen I or II game, no matter the premise! :3

Although, I'll probably spend more time talking to NPCs than anything lol. #EasterEggHunter

Back