• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Book Club

Sir Codin

- What's up with that chapter title? "Play Misty For Me." Sounds like something I'd ask a girlfriend to...never mind.
    - Pretty damn developed for 12, Misty.
    - They seemed to have increased Brock's testosterone. Not that it did him any good, since
    Spoiler:

- Jean Luc Pikachu...now voiced by Patrick Stewart.
    - Personally, the author somehow made Misty's sisters even less attractive.
    - http://komiksonline.com/?show=CMC&sc=petp&v=1&c=3&p=21
    th_smiley_headbang.gif

- Yep, this Ash is still a lost cause.
    - http://komiksonline.com/?show=CMC&sc=petp&v=1&c=3&p=24 BEST. PIDGEOTTO. EVER.
    - Pretty unorthodox way to win a match. Then again, the first season of the anime itself wasn't exactly orthodox either.

That's it for now, I think I'll add more later.

Also, I couldn't help but make this:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Looks like we've got a good fanbase going now! :) Assignment 2 is up, the second chapter of this volume.

It's set up weird because they switched two of the chapters around, but follow the link and you should be fine haha.

It's most likely due to censorship. As you guys may or may not know, Electric Tale is rather.....infamous for it's portrayal of women's bodies, at least in the original Japanese version. In the English translation, it was censored. Good thing by the end, women stopped being drawn like that in the Japanese version, too.

Note: Images are slightly inappropriate...
    Spoiler:

You know, I always wonder why Ono changed Misty from 10 to 12. I like to believe it was to make this chapter slightly more realistic/less creepy.

Spoiler:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    The thing that sticks out the most to me is the design of Gyarados. That thing is just full of win. Then there is the fact that pretty much no Pokemon obeys Ash right now, and Pokemon know how to write english. XD But this manga is keeping me interested and wanting more, so I cant wait for next week!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Ash's Fearow is just awesome. So are his other Pokemon, and his Butterfree seems to be the only one completely loyal to him at this point xD

Spoiler:

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I really don't have anything to say about this chapter, so instead, here's my favorite expression:
    WQWoT.jpg

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    This sounds like fun^^ Thanks for sending me the link, just gotta wait till my last exam is over now :)

Years
  • Had lots of laugh!:D

Spoiler:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    My favorite part about the "Jean Luc Pikachu" part was that it wasn't something that VIZ made up just for fun.

It's actually in Japanese version, too.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sorry it's a day delayed, but I put up the third assignment. Predictably, it's the third chapter. :P This one has a really interesting description of how training Pokemon actually works!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    It's an interesting way how they rank trainers, although I wonder if Pokemon can move up ranks as they get stronger? Or if the ranking is strictly based on species, which I would say is a bit biased...

In any case, I liked this chapter quite a bit. Plenty of interesting things happening, and I liked the backgrounds given for the characters introduced here. It expanded canon quite a bit for me xD

Spoiler:

Cid

Years
  • Nooo I can't believe I missed two weeks of this already. I really have to allocate more time for this. D;

I've read the first three assignments so far though! I enjoy the series quite a bit, it's got a better way of explaining the universe compared to the anime, and Ash seems more mature than his anime counterpart. And speaking of maturity, some of the female characters certainly look more, er, pronounced than they should be. But generally it has the anime's general plot, a few scenes almost copied, and shares its humor, which is certainly different from what I was used to in PokéSpe. I liked how the creator adds more elements of his own, while varying a few like the concept of the Pokémon League being different.

Now since this week is the third assignment I'll go in-depth on that.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I've read it, and I liked it, as well as all the added details =)
    don't have time now, but i'll go more in-depth tommorow (or Friday)

and by the way, I find thousands of Mankey in LeafGreen

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    I'll assume the next (and last?) assignment is chapter 4.

Which can be read here. Personally, I really loved this chapter. Huge deviation from the source material.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Well I missed a week due to a trip so Ill start with chapter three.
    Code:
    - Once again, I love the design of the Onix. Very scary looking.
    - I like how it took Ash three weeks to find a Clefairy, since they are rare.
    - The ranking system is a nice addition, spice things up.
    - I like how Prof.Oak looks in this manga a lot better than the anime.

And heres chapter 4.
    Code:
    -Im still loving the designs, Haunter this time.
    -It was a cool thing that they made a giant pokeball capable of capturing.
    -Haunter used explosion inside the pokeballs. Awesome.
    -Ash lost the gym battle, no hard feelings or instant rematch. Cool.

Years
  • I liked Chapter 4 very much:

Spoiler:

I wonder, if this is the last assigment of the electric tale, from which manga will be the next assgnent?

Back