• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Master?

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
Years
  • Alright, so everybody knows that Ash's goal is to be a Pokémon master, correct? But what exactly does that entail? Does it mean becoming the Champion? Does it mean "Catching 'em All"? Does it involve capturing a Legendary Pokémon? Who knows!

Anyway, I'd like to hear a lot of people's thoeries on what it is, and anything else you feel could be tied in.

Years
  • When asked "What is a Pokemon Master" the Pokemon Company gave us this for an answer.

TPCi said:
    I'm very sorry, but the Pokémon Company does not answer questions of this nature. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators that such questions be left to the imaginations and interpretations of Pokémon fans, adding more excitement and mystery to the Pokémon universe.

It's like asking what would make someone a master of a sport, like soccer. Is it the guy who scores tons of goals? A guy who play incredible defense? Maybe just someone with a great attitude and vast knowledge of the game. To me, a true master is someone exceptional in almost all categories. So it'd be a person who's great at battling, training, and caring for Pokemon. A person who's fantastic at all of that.

Catching em' all? Personally, I don't think a master would get them all, but he definitely would have a good amount of Pokemon.

Ultimately, a master is something different for everyone. Some may consider Lance, Steven, or Cynthia to be Pokemon Masters, but others wouldn't.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As previously stated this is a definition left up to the fans. So to me what a Pokemon Master is, is a Trainer that has the skill of a Champion and the intellect of a professor. They can maximize the capabilities of any pokemon, thus achieving that pokemons full potential. The PM is highly adaptable to a changing scenario, if they have a typing disadvantage they conjure up a strategy to deal with it. They not only use the capabilities of the pokemon but the surrounding area to their advantage. Their overall knowledge of pokemon goes hand in hand with battling.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To me, a Pokemon Master is a Pokemon trainer very skilled in battles, and knows each Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. In short, this could be a way of agreeing with Kenshin.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Pokemon master goal was always one of vaguest concepts this show had serving as plotline through which Ash journey across other regions battling all kind of trainers gets justified with his goal being advancd through collecting gym badges,entering league tournaments and ll kind of other prestige challenges in which he can test his skills as trainer proving its worth.

But what this exactly means?
    Judging by Ash and his aim of becoming best it pretty much means becoming strongest pokemon trainer ever known to exist in world.It would also require winning pokemon leagues,passing E4 challenges becoming stronger than any of them.
    Granted Sinnoh did shed some light on whole thing with revelation of there existing champion league but this only explained way through which you challenge E4 and champion.Closest thing to trainers of such caliber showed to be Lance and Cynthia but even them arent labeled as pokemon masters.

However going by several E4 being labeled as one type masters from Lance who is called dragon master or Lorelei who is ice master shows how becoming master of pokemon types in general sense of that word might be possible as well.

Back