• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
  • I am using myboy on my android does that work? And i am using pokemon fire red squirrel but when i try to get through checksum errors or whatever and patch it all i get is a White screen. Need help because i Would really like to try this hack

I don't really know anymore what to do. For some people it works, for some people it doesn't. Try with different version of FireRed rom, except v1.1 (it will definitely not work with that ).
    The next update will be based on Squirrels rom for sure, so hopefully there will be no issues with this anymore.

I got the UE (Rev 1) and U, which should i patch if you do the national dex version sir?

It should be U version.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    The TM vendors in the Celadon department store and game corner were removed? How do I get the TMs from there then?

Years
  • The TM vendors in the Celadon department store and game corner were removed? How do I get the TMs from there then?

Here's the list:
    TM10 Hidden Power in Safari Zone
    TM13 Ice Beam in Seafoam Islands
    TM15 Hyper Beam in Berry Forest
    TM17 Protect relocated to Two Island
    TM23 Iron Tail in Rock Tunnel
    TM24 Thunderbolt in Power Plant
    TM30 Shadow Ball in Pokemon Tower
    TM31 Brick Break in Route 11
    TM35 Flamethrower in Mt. Ember
    TM44 Rest in Route 2 east

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    So the game just freezes when you're trying to leave the Pokémon Center or the Gym?

Not freezes, i can rotate my character, but got stuck right above the door from Gym.
    I could try another save file to check if its happening again, would have created new game tho for it. Playing Emerald instead for now

Years
  • Not freezes, i can rotate my character, but got stuck right above the door from Gym.
    I could try another save file to check if its happening again, would have created new game tho for it. Playing Emerald instead for now

Thanks for details, I know now what's the problem. Will fix it for the next update.

Years
  • I have an question... You pretend to update de ROM Base? Since the one you used is not the most updated version... The last version of Leon and UltimaSoul's ROM base have some pretty cool things, like showing stats and abilities instead of size comparison in the Pokédex, more overworlds, etc

Years
  • I have an question... You pretend to update de ROM Base? Since the one you used is not the most updated version... The last version of Leon and UltimaSoul's ROM base have some pretty cool things, like showing stats and abilities instead of size comparison in the Pokédex, more overworlds, etc

There are more overworld sprites in the hack. And some of the features are absent because I chose not to include them.
    Also yes, I know that the version of the rom base is not up to date, but that's because updating to any new version of Leon's Rom Base means starting a lot of things from scratch. I don't have time for that...

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    Got it to work on squirrels just need to ignore cheksum while patching. Thanks for this great hack.

Years
  • Nice hack!
    One feature/improvement suggestion: Maybe consider replacing the level-up sound with a proper item fanfare when you obtain an item?
    Update: For some reason the game freezes when trying to get to the title screen on MGBA. Not sure if it's the ROM I used to patch, or the hack itself...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nice hack!
    One feature/improvement suggestion: Maybe consider replacing the level-up sound with a proper item fanfare when you obtain an item?

Yeah, I'll add that in the next update.

Update: For some reason the game freezes when trying to get to the title screen on MGBA. Not sure if it's the ROM I used to patch, or the hack itself...[/QUOTE]

Try different roms and/or play without a BIOS. Not sure if it helps, but who knows.

Years
  • Yeah, I'll add that in the next update.

Update: For some reason the game freezes when trying to get to the title screen on MGBA. Not sure if it's the ROM I used to patch, or the hack itself...

Try different roms and/or play without a BIOS. Not sure if it helps, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

I tried the Squirrels ROM, still the same problem. The Delta Emerald hack works fine though.

Years
  • Mr. STikER, I remembered something recently about Leon's base. You know that item, the Teachy TV? Well, there's an bug with it. It's a pretty old one, from the time Leon was still working on the Base. Well, if you see the tutorials in the Teachy TV, the Items that are shown there keeps on your bag for some reason. I think Leon didn't fixed this, so he recommended that someone using his Base should remove the Teachy TV from the game.

Years
  • Mr. STikER, I remembered something recently about Leon's base. You know that item, the Teachy TV? Well, there's an bug with it. It's a pretty old one, from the time Leon was still working on the Base. Well, if you see the tutorials in the Teachy TV, the Items that are shown there keeps on your bag for some reason. I think Leon didn't fixed this, so he recommended that someone using his Base should remove the Teachy TV from the game.

Oh, I didn't know a about this. I'll remove it, Teachy TV is pretty useless anyway.

Years
  • I tested here to see if the bug was still there, and it was. I remembered this cause I was the one who found it when Leon was developing the base xD. And yeah, it's pretty useless. There is a way to remove from the game completely? Could save some space for future implementations. Or can you change the item to be other and have other effect?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Is there some kind of glitch where I can't evolve my Gloom into a Bellossom or can I not do that until I get the national dex?

Years
  • Is there some kind of glitch where I can't evolve my Gloom into a Bellossom or can I not do that until I get the national dex?

Yes, you need the National Dex to get Bellossom as of now, but I plan to release a second version of the hack where you can get Gen 2+ evolutions before getting the National Dex.

Back