• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mercury

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    Introduction:
    Hello all, I have decided to make a fan-game. Nearly one year ago I stopped both developing fan-games and ROM Hacks. But now I plan on doing it again (I plan on developing again not hacking). I don't remember a lot of stuff I used to but I guess I still can create a game but I am a little rusty. ;)

Right now some of us (PokeCreator_09, mooshykris, and me) are planning to work together as team of game developers and I guess we might be doing this project together along with our other projects (Liquid and GS). I may put this project on hold for finishing some work on the other projects.

OK so now on with the game.

Pokémon Mercury:
    Made with: RMXP
    Region: Innroh (maybe 2 more regions)
    0.7% complete

Storyline:

In southern Innroh, Professor Henry (your father's best friend) a very reputed researcher has recently dissapeared. Nobody knows where he went. Meanwhile in Northern Innroh you get your first Pokémon and you battle your way to the top. Seeing this your father a Detective who is the head of NIPD (Northern Innroh Police Dept.) recruits you. Your first assignment is to investigate Professor Henry's mysterious dissapearence.

Now you may be wondering why I named the game Mercury when it is not connected to the storyline? If yes I haven't written the complete storyline and later on it has a connection. I don't want to ruin all the fun. The plot has lots of twists too! ;)

Features:
    CMS (Pokénav is included)
    CBS
    Region: Innroh (maybe 2 more regions will be added)
    Multiple character controlling (decision pending)
    Shiny Pokémon (implemented; same mechanics as in the GBA games)
    New TMs
    New HMs
    New Pokémons
    Rep system
    And much more

Screen shots:

Pokémon Mercury

In your room.

Pokémon Mercury

A nice bed!

Pokémon Mercury

CMS! Not complete though!

Pokémon Mercury

Tall grass in the first town?! WTH? I just put it tehre to show you how the CBS works!

Pokémon Mercury

CBS! Also not complete!

Pokémon Mercury

Again....

Pokémon Mercury

And again....

Credits:

Blizzy (scripts)
    freakboy (scripts)
    rataime (reflection)
    dark soul (Summary)
    goldenaura3 (Name Input)
    Fangking Omega (Tilesets)
    Cybersam

Last edited:

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    The custom tilesets are not ready yet....... So I guess I can't do much right now and as for the Menu system it is still in the early stages and the same goes for the battle system. I have to give credit for Blizzy and his wonderful SK because I forgot RGSS and I didn't want to use SKs cos I always had a liking for my own scripts. But now there was no option I guess I turned to using the CMS and CBS. Anyways what I am trying to say is you can expect a bit more out of this game since:

1. Custom tilesets are gonna be there
    2. Improved CMS
    3. Improved CBS

And a message for Dash : You know it would be better if you would just say on how to improve instead of pointing out the mistakes. (Or point + suggestions). All your comments are discouraging and I guess many get hurt (excluding me :P ; I am thick status resistant xD).

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    you think Dash hurts people?? that's pretty wrong, when he points out the flaws, he's saying what's bad, which tells the person what to improve ;)

really, all Dash does is help people, he doesn't hurt them ;)

as for the whole game, I agree with Dash, to me, it looks like it's just another SK game <_<

GET CUSTOMS ASAP!! ;)

Years
    Hey, you stole my fangame name! (Just kidding! I was making a game called Pokémon Mercury a while ago, but I changed the name of the project and then just quit it all together)

Anyway, as Dash said, it looks like a starter kit game, but it can be good if you put the time and effort into it. And the storyline is pretty basic, but as I said before, a little work can make it wonderful (Make sure the plot twists are twists, and not something extpected).

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    I've got some creenies of the customs, I'm not completely happy with them tell me what you think.

Pokémon Mercury

I haven't done the custom trees yet.

Pokémon Mercury

This is the one with the tall grass.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Well, It's early in development, but stick with it and I think it could be good. Yeah, you're gonna have a lot of comments about it's just another starter kit, but that'll pressure you to make the game better.

And Dash doesn't just point out you're mistakes to make you feel bad. It's constructive criticism, that's just the way he is.lol

edit: I'll tak to you about them, but the grass doesn't look too good, but like you said, there not finished.

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    I guess all the pressure made me do this:

Pokémon Mercury

I spent like 3 hours just to find the right colours. *phew* And I did it in paint. My Photoshop is not working anymore.

Damn my neck hurts..... *ouch*

Edit: Another screenie of the custom tilesets:

Pokémon Mercury

I've put two different trees in each which one is the best?

Last edited:

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    I'll fix those stuff ^^;;. Ill be posting screenies of the intro and stuff.

RIght now I don't have Photoshop, like I've mentioned earlier.

Edit: The grass in the las screenie? And can you point out the bright parts?

The starters: Trapinch, Bagon, Dratini
    Regions: Northern Innroh, Southern Innroh, Sounen
    Proffesor's name: Professor Pine :
    Pokémon Mercury

Last edited:
    Years
    Looking better. Maybe you could change the trunks of the trees by adding a little more color depth to them? And one last thing: You need to fix the tree line to the left on the second last screenshot and the tree line on the right of the last screenshot. Those trees should not be using the shaded base.

Anyway, nice professor sprite. The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like he has no arms.

So, keep up the good work.

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
    Thanks guyz, my monitor is also busted up for me evrything is dim..... >.>. Oaks sprite was used to make Pine. I guess I can do better..........

Back