• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
W00t I know, I disappeared. Fear not, my fellow friends :)

Almost two weeks have gone since I last posted here, and Metro's thread went down to the bottom of the page... sad.

Well, to tell you the truth... I don't have anything new to present. I'm really tired of showing you guys CBS screenshots, so this time I'll just tell what I'm doing.

Basically, working to finish the CBS. I have to script 200 move effects, and I've already done 21. What is holding me down now are the little sentences for each effect, like "SNORLAX was poisoned!". I found out that there's an enormous variety of little sentences like that, so I'm playing the game once again and copying it to a txt file... so much hard work.

But the core is basically done. You can attack, run, flinch, be poisoned and poison, sleep, rest and all the normal stuff you would normally do in your GBA. It only lacks the catching system, that I haven't even touched.

I'm really happy the way the script is now.

As for ~Heart, she's doing the musics. I haven't listened yet, but I'm sure they'll be awesome.

I guess that's it...

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
sounds like a lot has been goin on here since i left the thread, that's good to see :)

cbs sounds like it's coming along nicely, that's also good to here :)

overall, I'd say it's coming very nicely, keep it goin, this is the best i've seen here at pkmn community (prob the best i've seen anywhere ;))

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Zommmgggg!! Guys! I'm so sorry I had to leave ya'll eariler! Highschool's a ***** xDDD Anyways. Ummm If you still need me, I'll be happy to work. Mapping would be easiest for the moment.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
Wow, you've already got the battle system mostly worked out, I'm impressed. I thought when I saw the last page and how long the posts were apart, I thought the progress was going sluggish, but looks really good!! Can't wait to hear and see more.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Zommmgggg!! Guys! I'm so sorry I had to leave ya'll eariler! Highschool's a ***** xDDD Anyways. Ummm If you still need me, I'll be happy to work. Mapping would be easiest for the moment.

omg omg omg... is that... whalesdude?? omg i haven't seen you in sooooooooo long!! o.0 *faints 50 million times*

anyways, I think I've already mentioned how great the battle system sounded like it was coming along... any chance we get to see some of the fakemon that Heart has made?? :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You've done alot of work with the CBS. It is great to hear how far you are with it Azura. CBS's are the longest part of making a pokemon game, so just take your time with it.

Years
Great to hear you again, Azura. Good to hear you are working on the battle system. Itmight be tedious work, but it will be worthit in the end.

You know, text updates are just as good as screenshot ones.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks guys... sometimes it's really frustrating to see Metro's thread abandoned after I make an update of any kind.

I found out that the best way to get some feedback is to actually show screenshots of what I'm working with... however, scripting the CBS provides much more technical stuff than graphical, making it impossible to keep updating with new screenshots everytime.

Well, what's going on now with Metro?

I've stopped the sentences thingy for now. It's implemented already, just need to add the return messages for each effect, what can be done later. Right after I press the "Post Quick Reply" button, I'll start scripting Item's screen (in Battle). Catching a POKéMON isn't far, as you can see, what makes me even closer to finishing this hell known as CBS.

And about new custom POKéMON?
(Heart hates the term "Fakemon" lol)

Heart is redrawing the look of the last evolution of grass starter. I can say it's agressively awesome. I say agressive because we had a conversation and we noticed that her Pokemons were a little too cute. After that, she's trying to redo some concepts and drawings and making them more agressive. She's doing really nice, and as soon as I find her online on msn, I'll ask her to show it to you guys.

She started to mess around with musics for the game too. Haven't heard them yet, but I know they're good :p

Well... I guess that's everything I had to say. Let me click the button... a world of scripting awaits me. Let's go!
(Terrible line, I know)

~Azura.

Years
Can't wait to see the new "custom Pokémon." And you don't have to work on the battle system if you don't want to. Just do want you want.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
It's ok. I kindda love it... in a twisted way, of course.
hehehe

Well, I've been messing a little with the Daytime system. I remember that Heart asked me once if there was a way to make the windows glow at night, like if the lights were on. I never gave much importance to that, since it was too superficial and other systems needed to be done. However, today, I was browsing through some spriting sites and saw a few revamped GSC maps. I was amazed to see how the map looks different and full of life when the windows are "on" at night. So I decided to make that effect for Metro, and here's what I have so far:

dayn01xv1.png

dayn02td2.png

dayn03my9.png

dayn04mo4.png

(Basically done... just needs adjustment in the code)

Well, I'd like some coments on this. The colors will probably be changed (I'm no artist lol)

Hope you all like it

~Azura.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Wow! This game's going better than I expected! x__x I'll have to really crack down to compete with this :P

Um... and yeah, I'm here, ready to post/work again. I'm also studying Ruby, so I can make my own CBS... as much as I've read on hating it so much... o.o

Keep up the good work guys! I'm looking forward to playing this one day!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I'd have to think about that, Dash... I'm no artist, as I said before. If it is possible to make a semi-transparent color... then probably it's possible to make the glowing effect.

Thanks for your comment ^^

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
oh, so by agressive, you mean sexayyyy, right Azura?? :D

glad to hear that we will POSSIBLY get a peak at an awesome fakemon :)

I also like that day/night system, but like Dash said, can you try to get that glowing effect in?? If not, it still looks great the way it is :)

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
Okay, I like the way the windows are glowing, but I don't think the pokemon center door should be yellow. I think it should be ablue still,but light, or should I say bright.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@RMXPUser462: I forgot to ask Heart if she finished the sprites for the new POKéMON...

@The Dash: hmm... yeah I guess so. Can you tell me the name of the script? I can look for it anyway. lol

@PokeCreator_09: the door is made of glass, so the light should pass trough it... I still think it's ok. I'll put just the windows for now and see how it looks like.

@Neo-Dragon: I've made an add-on for the Spriteset_Map script and added a new viewport, above the one that is tinted. So any event that contains "**" in the name will be put as a 'glow' object at night.

Last edited:
Years
Looks great Azura. I like how you did the windows and not just have it on a tint screen cycle. I think the center door looks fine, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back