• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mind Crystal [GBC Crystal Remake]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKSSB

OKですか?
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Thanks for your comments, here is a quick update...
    I have already made some scripts, I need to do the battle script for Route 30, anyway, here is a video of the 1st Rival Battle Script, if someone has a better overworld sprite of the protagionist or for the rival send me it, please!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    I am Looking forward to this, Dont listen to Sarcastic prince, if this is still a hack of Ruby, its quite original i would say, Ruby is a rare game to hack (my opinion) Actually, i cant wait for this :D

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    @lars131
    I'm using Firered. But I don't know how to change it in the title.

Quick update: Some new screenshots...
    Pokémon: Mind Crystal [GBC Crystal Remake]

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    There's two pokéballs after silver has stolen the second one
    unless you added a new trainer the boy who's abgtling is above the ledge as well
    Is that Mr.Pokémon's house
    If so who's the guy outside?

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    There's two pokéballs after silver has stolen the second one
    unless you added a new trainer the boy who's abgtling is above the ledge as well
    Is that Mr.Pokémon's house
    If so who's the guy outside?

1.- Right, my error, sorry, I'll fix that.
    2.- Yes, hehe, i just wanted to add a trainer.
    3.- Someone, only someone, he's just taking care of those Pokémon.

Years
  • The roof of Mr. Pokemon's house is missing.
    Well, kind of. It's missing the part at the "back", if you get me? Have a look at the Sevii Isle maps and compare the official usage with your usage, and you should see what I mean.
    Also, I've changed the title tag to 'FireRed Hack' for you.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The roof of Mr. Pokemon's house is missing.
    Well, kind of. It's missing the part at the "back", if you get me? Have a look at the Sevii Isle maps and compare the official usage with your usage, and you should see what I mean.

Yes , but they did that roof thing in liquid crystal and no-ones complained :L

You seem to have lots of penned pokemon around?

how come?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes , but they did that roof thing in liquid crystal and no-ones complained :L

You seem to have lots of penned pokemon around?

how come?

It doesn't make it right. It is incorrect usage of the tile. Whether or not MKSSB wants to change it or not is another story.

Anyway, this looks like a nice hack to start out with. I think if you pull through with this you could get enough experience to move onto a great hack with your own story, etc. I think this has potential - perhaps not completely original, but still potential.

To all the haters; if I went around and said it was dumb to make ANOTHER hack about Celebi taking you back in time or Darkrai taking over the world, I would be here all year. Seriously, just because you don't want another GS remake doesn't mean the maker does.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Another odd thing
    Theres a line above the players head
    you may wanna look into that

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    This is really a nice hack, but I have a few question to ask.

1. I noticed the HG/SS spirites. Will they be available to all pokemons? To every single pokemon in this hack?
    2. You didn't mention upper. Will 4th gen pokemons be available in this hack?
    3. Can I be a beta tester? :)))))

That's it for now. Keep up this great work you're doing!

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    The roof of Mr. Pokemon's house is missing.
    I already fixed it. Thanks for changing title tag for me.

Another odd thing
    Theres a line above the players head
    you may wanna look into that
    Will be fixed soon, I'm a little busy.

This is really a nice hack, but I have a few question to ask.

1. I noticed the HG/SS spirites. Will they be available to all pokemons? To every single pokemon in this hack?
    2. You didn't mention upper. Will 4th gen pokemons be available in this hack?
    3. Can I be a beta tester? :)))))

That's it for now. Keep up this great work you're doing!
    1.- Yes, but I haven't inserted sprites, because I restarted in Firered, so I'll add them later.
    2.- Maybe I'll add some Pokémon from other generations.
    3.- Sure, just give me your msn in a MP.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Here's a quick update, I have been inserting some music in clean roms, Why? Because until I loop them, I won't insert them, I just don't want to mess the rom, anyway, here is a video of Viridian Forest Theme from GSC:

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Here's a quick update, I have been inserting some music in clean roms, Why? Because until I loop them, I won't insert them, I just don't want to mess the rom, anyway, here is a video of Viridian Forest Theme from GSC:
    I really hope that you're actually planning on including Viridian Forest. I seriously hate how every G/S/C remake hack does what G/S/C originally did due to limited space. Now, I know I shouldn't tell you how to do your hack, but please do not do the following:
    *Remove Viridian Forest like G/S/C
    *Make Mt. Moon tiny like G/S/C
    *Remove Cerulean Cave like G/S/C
    *Make all the routes and cities super tiny like G/S/C
    *Remove Seafoam Islands like G/S/C
    *Remove Safari Zone like G/S/C

That's what bugs me about G/S/C remakes, they copy the flaws of G/S/C. I mean, seriously, nobody liked G/S/C's Kanto, amirite? It was a barren wasteland!

Also, here are some suggestions for Johto:
    *Do not make the Rocket Executives really weak. I simply HATE how weak they are in G/S/C and HG/SS. Did you know that in HG/SS, Proton has a Lv8 Zubat? Yeah, that's pathetic. If you're planning on keeping the low levels, that's fine with me, but don't make the teams pathetic, for instance, here's Archer's G/S/C/HG/SS team:
    Lv33 Houndour (Lv35 in HG/SS)
    Lv33 Koffing (Lv35 in HG/SS)
    Lv35 Houndoom (Lv38 in HG/SS)

Obviously, that's a really pathetic team, even with the higher levels used in HG/SS. I mean, serioulsly, Koffing?

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on this remake, this is my last post on PC until 2011, so I want to say something useful. Please do this right! Don't make Kanto a barren wasteland, and don't make the Rocket Executives really weak!

EDIT: Oh, and the bassline for your new remix sounds really wonky. And where are the drums?

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I really hope that you're actually planning on including Viridian Forest. I seriously hate how every G/S/C remake hack does what G/S/C originally did due to limited space. Now, I know I shouldn't tell you how to do your hack, but please do not do the following:
    *Remove Viridian Forest like G/S/C
    *Make Mt. Moon tiny like G/S/C
    *Remove Cerulean Cave like G/S/C
    *Make all the routes and cities super tiny like G/S/C
    *Remove Seafoam Islands like G/S/C
    *Remove Safari Zone like G/S/C

That's what bugs me about G/S/C remakes, they copy the flaws of G/S/C. I mean, seriously, nobody liked G/S/C's Kanto, amirite? It was a barren wasteland!

Also, here are some suggestions for Johto:
    *Do not make the Rocket Executives really weak. I simply HATE how weak they are in G/S/C and HG/SS. Did you know that in HG/SS, Proton has a Lv8 Zubat? Yeah, that's pathetic. If you're planning on keeping the low levels, that's fine with me, but don't make the teams pathetic, for instance, here's Archer's G/S/C/HG/SS team:
    Lv33 Houndour (Lv35 in HG/SS)
    Lv33 Koffing (Lv35 in HG/SS)
    Lv35 Houndoom (Lv38 in HG/SS)

Obviously, that's a really pathetic team, even with the higher levels used in HG/SS. I mean, serioulsly, Koffing?

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on this remake, this is my last post on PC until 2011, so I want to say something useful. Please do this right! Don't make Kanto a barren wasteland, and don't make the Rocket Executives really weak!

EDIT: Oh, and the bassline for your new remix sounds really wonky. And where are the drums?

I'll do that, thanks!
    The video quality ruins audio, but I'll try to fix that anyway...
    Here is another music video, this time is Route 1 Theme GSC Version:

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Update.

Here is a quick update...
    New Music (Goldenrod and Ecruteak ones are looped):

New hero overworld sprite:

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I'll change the overworlds later, for now, here is the Wild Pokémon Battle Theme, It isn't looped, but It'll looped soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back