• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    I love this game it's such a cool version of emerald! All the little features are crazy cool too. I'm ready to crack and ask a question though. I'm looking for Tangela and Gligar, both say Safari southwest but is there a more specific location? I saw someone waay upthread say they were looking in the wrong spot for Tangela but they didn't elaborate.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love this game it's such a cool version of emerald! All the little features are crazy cool too. I'm ready to crack and ask a question though. I'm looking for Tangela and Gligar, both say Safari southwest but is there a more specific location? I saw someone waay upthread say they were looking in the wrong spot for Tangela but they didn't elaborate.

Happy you're enjoying it! Regarding Tangela and Gligar, well, the documentation is wrong (I already corrected it). They are available at the South East Safari Zone which is the zone that contains the Johto Pokémon in the original Emerald after becoming champion. Tangela is available during the day and Gligar during Nighttime.

Of course, this is only with Modern Spawns. If you are using the Original Spawns, only Gligar will appear as it is the one that Emerald has.

Sorry about that, documenting everything can be tiring and mistakes happen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Thank you again! I found it in not even 5 minutes in that area today. I found 3 shinies in the other lmao

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Is the build right now broken.?
    ecause i can not compile it.

fatal error: string.h: No such file or directory
    4 | #include <string.h>
    | ^~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [Makefile:343: build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.o] Error 127
    make: *** Deleting file 'build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.o'

Years
    • Seen today
    Is the build right now broken.?
    ecause i can not compile it.

fatal error: string.h: No such file or directory
    4 | #include <string.h>
    | ^~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [Makefile:343: build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.o] Error 127
    make: *** Deleting file 'build/emerald/src/battle_anim_water.o'

Something must be wrong on your end, as other users made it work. I cannot be much of a help here, but "fatal error: string.h: No such file or directory" means that the file is missing somehow and that, of course, shouldn't be happening. Try building the rom in a different way, or just message the user who was able to make it work (he/she used DevkitPro).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    Hello! I've been trying to encounter surskit on route 102. He is there in the grass right? I've been trying for a few hours on fast forward GBA4iOS with no luck. I would expect at least 1 encounter since it's 1% and I've encountered several seedots, which are also 1%

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello! I've been trying to encounter surskit on route 102. He is there in the grass right? I've been trying for a few hours on fast forward GBA4iOS with no luck. I would expect at least 1 encounter since it's 1% and I've encountered several seedots, which are also 1%

Surskit can't be caught in Route 102. Dunno where you got that information, as the Encounter documents don't mention it.

Days
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Hi, first of all thank you for the super clean work on this romhack. I'm doing a rerun of the "third" version of gen I-VII games, wanted an experience as vanilla as possibile with the much needed QoL stuff and I'm having a blast with this one!

I have a question on the clock setting feature and how it impacts time-based events: after changing time by setting the clock, is the intended behavior of berry growth "freezing"? Is it a temporary freeze?
    I tried changing time (counterclock-wise, from night to morning) for evolution purposes (Kirlia->Gallade) and after doing that I noticed that the berries I planted stopped growing. I'm playing on mGBA on a n2DSXL.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, first of all thank you for the super clean work on this romhack. I'm doing a rerun of the "third" version of gen I-VII games, wanted an experience as vanilla as possibile with the much needed QoL stuff and I'm having a blast with this one!

I have a question on the clock setting feature and how it impacts time-based events: after changing time by setting the clock, is the intended behavior of berry growth "freezing"? Is it a temporary freeze?
    I tried changing time (counterclock-wise, from night to morning) for evolution purposes (Kirlia->Gallade) and after doing that I noticed that the berries I planted stopped growing. I'm playing on mGBA on a n2DSXL.

I cannot give you a final answer as the rtc is quite complex and testing is tedious. In theory, after 24h (probably), time events should work again. Berry growth stops in original cartridges after a battery change because the RTC goes back to 1/1/2000. Changing the clock shouldn't reset the date as the code, in theory, does not touch dates.

I'm currently testing it though. I will need many hours, probably days to see if it works.

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_102

Surskit can be caught in route 102. I understand it's R/S only but you had mentioned in the notes that you include version exclusives when you enable "Modern Spawns"

Oh, you're right. I didn't remember. In any case, no, it isn't available right now. It's only in route 120.
    I will add it next update.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Is it a bug that the bag in the Battle Pyramid does't hold items? When I pick up a new item, it doesn't show up in the bag. Plus the bag does't reset after losing an attempt.

Years
    • Seen today
    Is it a bug that the bag in the Battle Pyramid does't hold items? When I pick up a new item, it doesn't show up in the bag. Plus the bag does't reset after losing an attempt.

Yes, it is. I have located and fixed the bug internally. Thanks for reporting it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Sorry to bug you again but can anyone confirm that the Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion family can be found from the wonder trade? I've been save scumming a lvl 3 for hours and have seen every other available pokemon multiple times. I'm now trying with a lvl 37 but so far no luck.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry to bug you again but can anyone confirm that the Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion family can be found from the wonder trade? I've been save scumming a lvl 3 for hours and have seen every other available pokemon multiple times. I'm now trying with a lvl 37 but so far no luck.

They... actually don't. I was revising the Wonder Trade code and yes, you are right, Cyndaquil isn't there but Totodile and Chikorita are. Sorry about that, it's not my code and I expected to have it since I saw Chikorita and Tododile. Will get fixed next update.

also i just got arceus egg and dose it depend on time or the pokedex?

It's a normal egg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    They... actually don't. I was revising the Wonder Trade code and yes, you are right, Cyndaquil isn't there but Totodile and Chikorita are. Sorry about that, it's not my code and I expected to have it since I saw Chikorita and Tododile. Will get fixed next update.

It's a normal egg.

I see, I'm glad I was able to find these couple things then to be fixed :) thought I was going crazy a couple times lol. Everything else is so cool though I really like this game. I'm about to take on Steven and the Frontier soon finally.

Years
    • Seen today
    I see, I'm glad I was able to find these couple things then to be fixed :) thought I was going crazy a couple times lol. Everything else is so cool though I really like this game. I'm about to take on Steven and the Frontier soon finally.

It's pretty difficult to test your own game, so yeah, I'm thankful for all the bugs found.

yeah but dose it depend on steps or real life time?

Steps, like a normal egg.

Back