• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Hi, I just start playing.
    Is there fast egg hatch feature? Like 1 step = 1 cycle
    And no change for Shroomish learning Spore at lv54, isn't it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mawile appears to be Steel-type only, it's missing the Fairy-type.

😶 Thanks for letting me know, will be fixed next update.

Hi, I just start playing.
    Is there fast egg hatch feature? Like 1 step = 1 cycle
    And no change for Shroomish learning Spore at lv54, isn't it?

No fast egg hatch.
    Breloom can learn Spore via move tutor if it's level 59 or higher, and via level up (higher than 59). If a pre-evolution knows a move, then the evolution can learn it via move tutor even if it doesn't naturally have it.
    You can check Breloom moves via the Pokedex as well.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    😶 Thanks for letting me know, will be fixed next update.

No fast egg hatch.
    Breloom can learn Spore via move tutor if it's level 59 or higher, and via level up (higher than 59). If a pre-evolution knows a move, then the evolution can learn it via move tutor even if it doesn't naturally have it.
    You can check Breloom moves via the Pokedex as well.

Thanks for your response.
    I saw that Double Kick stops the second kick when it meets an 1 HP endured pokemon by Sturdy (Eg. Aron).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for your response.
    I saw that Double Kick stops the second kick when it meets an 1 HP endured pokemon by Sturdy (Eg. Aron).

That's how enduring a move works in Gen 3 and 4, and wasn't changed until Gen 5.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a place to report bugs? My Azumarill was supposed to learn Play Rough at level 23 and it did not. It cannot learn it through the move relearner either, so it was skipped it seems. I am on version 1.3.1 but I don't see any patch notes regarding this issue.

There's nothing to report as 1.3.1 doesn't contain Play Rough. It was added in 1.3.2. If you are going to report a bug, do it on the lastest version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    What exactly does the balance on tiers option do?

Also, thank you very much for this amazing romhack!

Days
    • Seen Jun 23, 2023
    Hello there !

Just planned to build with the git repo you shared, I am unable to build it, spent 2h yesterday to fix warnings/errors.

Here is the error :
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/options_plus_menu.o src/options_plus_menu.c
    cd build/emerald && arm-none-eabi-ld -Map ../../pokeemerald.map -T ld_script.ld -o ../../pokeemerald.elf <objects> <lib>
    arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find src/option_plus_menu.o: No such file or directory
    make: *** [Makefile:427: pokeemerald.elf] Error 1

To build it i mainly followed the install.md, nothing more.
    options_plus_menu.o is inside the build folder, seems like it compile it, idk what's missing

I'm just interested to get the build working, idk what i'm suposed to get at the end of the build, i'm pretty new to all of this, not new in coding tho.

If i'll be able to get it to work i'll share it but i'm really close to a wall right now that's why i'm here.

Idk what i'll do after building it, maybe i'll change some wild encounters just to understand how it works.

Thanks for future answers !

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I can't seem to enable the debug menu, pressing select + start on the options menu doesn't make a noise or seem to do anything? I'm on the latest version, so what am I missing?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't seem to enable the debug menu, pressing select + start on the options menu doesn't make a noise or seem to do anything? I'm on the latest version, so what am I missing?

They have to be pressed at the same time. May take a few tries?

Hello there !

Just planned to build with the git repo you shared, I am unable to build it, spent 2h yesterday to fix warnings/errors.

Here is the error :
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/options_plus_menu.o src/options_plus_menu.c
    cd build/emerald && arm-none-eabi-ld -Map ../../pokeemerald.map -T ld_script.ld -o ../../pokeemerald.elf <objects> <lib>
    arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find src/option_plus_menu.o: No such file or directory
    make: *** [Makefile:427: pokeemerald.elf] Error 1

To build it i mainly followed the install.md, nothing more.
    options_plus_menu.o is inside the build folder, seems like it compile it, idk what's missing

I'm just interested to get the build working, idk what i'm suposed to get at the end of the build, i'm pretty new to all of this, not new in coding tho.

If i'll be able to get it to work i'll share it but i'm really close to a wall right now that's why i'm here.

Idk what i'll do after building it, maybe i'll change some wild encounters just to understand how it works.

Thanks for future answers !

I don't think following the install.md is a good idea, personally. The instructions shown there are, while correct, cumbersome at best for someone who has never done something similar (that was my case). Right now there are easier ways of building pokeemerald builds which you should try to search for.

I personally have literally no idea what is happening. I'm not knowledgeable in Ubuntu, git, and similar tools. You should try asking in the "Pret" discord server, maybe someone can help you.

What exactly does the balance on tiers option do?

Also, thank you very much for this amazing romhack!

Pokémon will be replaced by other random Pokémon of similar strength.

If there are Wurmples on Route 101, the game will randomize them to something similar in terms of power (Ex. a first stage evo Pokémon).

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    The mart at Battle Frontier showed Safari Ball in sell list at 0 price, when chose it my emulator crashed.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The mart at Battle Frontier showed Safari Ball in sell list at 0 price, when chose it my emulator crashed.

Prize being 0 is indeed a bug, but crashing is unrelated to the game itself as it doesn't crash for me.

If you are not using mGBA, decompilation hack-roms are more prone to crashes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There's a Graphical Glitch when saving in Victory Road Basement floor 2. The screen goes all haywire with black lines. 😂

Days
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Hi! I love this game, i've finished it and now I'm shiny hunting all legendaries.
    I noticed a bug with the move zap cannon (or maybe it was flash cannon, or both), the game emulator crashes every time the move is/are used.
    I'm playing on my boy on phone.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! I love this game, i've finished it and now I'm shiny hunting all legendaries.
    I noticed a bug with the move zap cannon (or maybe it was flash cannon, or both), the game emulator crashes every time the move is/are used.
    I'm playing on my boy on phone.

The crash is related to the emulator, not the game. The game relies heavily on accurate emulators, and mGBA is the best one right now. My boy, sadly, doesn't look like it is.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is there anyway to get the Thick Club or the Lucky Punch. Without using the Debug feature? Or are they held by their respective Pokémon. Because they're not obtainable in vanilla Emerald without trading with FRLG.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there anyway to get the Thick Club or the Lucky Punch. Without using the Debug feature? Or are they held by their respective Pokémon. Because they're not obtainable in vanilla Emerald without trading with FRLG.

They are held by their respective Pokémon, if you have Modern Spawns that is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I'm having trouble with the debug menu as well. Maybe computers just don't like having multiple keys pressed. Could you please make the debug menu an Off/On toggle instead of requiring a button combination? I would agree that a button combination makes it less likely for someone to accidently use it, but for people who want to use it, it is a bit troublesome to activate.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm having trouble with the debug menu as well. Maybe computers just don't like having multiple keys pressed. Could you please make the debug menu an Off/On toggle instead of requiring a button combination? I would agree that a button combination makes it less likely for someone to accidently use it, but for people who want to use it, it is a bit troublesome to activate.

I changed the button combination to "Hold SELECT, then press START". It's now way more consistent.

I'm also releasing 1.3.5.1, which of course includes this change. It's a minor update, but here's the changelog:

• Debug menu is now activated holding SELECT, then pressing START.
    • Mawile is now Steel / Fairy.
    • Safari Balls now have their correct price.
    • Other small fixes.

Back