• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 3 Speculation

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
  • how about a MD where your main pokemon actually evolves the way it's supposed to do instead of finishing 3857983535% of the game before being able to?
    And make the starter pokemon some that aren't overhyped like pikachu and the real starters..... I mean something like hoppip or numel? xD but that 100% won't happen.

Already a new one??? How....
    Maybe they got some revolutionary ideas which improve the spin-off series so drastically that it needs to be made, now!!111
    xD
    We'll see....

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    If I was them, I'd let you CHOOSE to be whatever starter you wanted to without having to go through those annoying questions and trying to find ways to fix them to your whim. Instead, I'd have your personality effect what you say (I.E. If you're brave you'll say different things to your partner than someone who got timid). The gameplay would be the same, but you're personality would change depending on your result in the quiz at the beginning, which isn't supposed to do? Also, you can change your personality in the menu, or take the quiz again whenever you want.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    The starters that should definately be in it are:

Charmander, Cyndiquil, Torchic, Chimchar,
    Squirltle, Tododile, Mudkip, Piplup,
    Bulbasaur, Chickitoria (Buffed, of course), Treeko, and Turtwig.

The reason is that there starters. I don't really count Pikachu as a starter due to the fact that he was only one in Yellow, a special version of red and Blue. If you put him as a normal starter, you should put Eevee as one as well. In my opinion, as the only electric Pokémon, he should be a special Pokémon. You know, the ones you can't pick as your starter. The special one should be:

Cubone (I liked playing as him in RRT), Eevee (This is one of the most popular Pokémon ever, seriously), and Pikachu (Not a normal starter though, as reasons I put above).

One that might be good for the job as special starter:

Ralts (Just we a little move change), and Riolu (Perhaps, he's cool, popular and awesome. But may be a little to powerful. I mean, in that movie 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew', Lucario was pretty much portrayed as a LEGENDARY Pokémon. Riolu is the Pokémon that evolves into Lucario)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Riolu is one of those popular Pokemon who really won't go down well as a starter. I miss Cubone - I remember the first time I played PMD, and I got Cubone... ah, fond memories. You can imagine my reaction when he got the boot. I think that PMD3 will be released after Platinum, so that it can serve as a "Be quiet, be quiet, we're making a big game here! Here, look, take a spin-off." game.

Also, I am just fine with the Personality Quiz. Sure, it's a pain in the tail sometimes, but what if you have no idea who you want to be and will just go along with whatever the game chooses? Plus, there's really no fun in choosing your own starter. It's been a PMD staple since the first game.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    The Unchosen One: What if, it did the personality test, said what Pokémon you were like, but would be able to choose a different Pokémon from a list without having to it again. But on the list you could be you couldn't choose those special Pokémon (Ex. Cubone, Eevee, Skitty) unless their personality is what you get. Also, no gender-different choices. Why would Eevee be female-only?

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I think the Next PMD game we're likely to see will probably be shortly after the release of a 5th gen Pokémon game..
    >_>

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh yeah sure advertise and confirm a game in january and release it in 2012. Real smart. Next time read first post or look it up on main info sites.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I agree with you on the gender-specifics. There can be make Jynx and female Machokes, so what's with the no male Eevees? :/

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Actually in PMD 1. Eevee was female-only starter, I'm sure on that. But I also believe Machop was a male-only starter. And Machop is the one that evolves into Machoke. I might be wrong though. I don't mind having genders, but in PMD it's stupid to limit a person depending on gender. It's like back in the Olden Days. And though it's nice to know what gender your teammates there's no breeding in PMD (Thank God there isn't...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Why would Eevee be female-only?
    1. Most people who would want to play as Eevee are girls
    2. Eevee and all of its evos are pretty dang girly looking :/

Just a thought.

I think they learned their lesson though; so if they incorporate Eevee back in it'll be available to both genders, like Skitty (and Skitty is the epitome of girly starters). They also haven't added in all the natures, so they could add in a few more. Modest? Adamant? Gentle? Lax? (Oh wait, Lax sucks. Nevermind.) SERIOUS?!

Besides that, I'd like to see some 5th gen events as well.
    Or if Eevee has some new evos in the 5th gen, they could become available if that's not asking for too much?

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Yes, I agree with those points, though there are lots of Males who want to be Eevee, and some people even lie about being a boy to become Eevee.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I would rather have the personality test gone. You could choose your own pokemon. And then when you get bored, they should have a button that allows you to change your pokemon. Just not during boss battles. Like say you're a Treecko facing Arcticuno. It'd be freaky to just morph. It should be like when you're put to sleep. It should take up about four turns. And.. like, you slowly morph.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • i think it should be ninjas but they wont so it will be adventure type thingy or something with not sun and moon but cosmic and galaxy yeah what about that huh

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    thx 2 serebii

some new additions to the starter Pokemon are....... Eevee,Phanphy,Riolu,Shinx & Vulpix

one of the new games are going to be called
    Pokemon mystery dungeon : Explorers of the Sky

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Phanpy and Vulpix are REEALLY random.
    D: Eevee makes me happy though.
    ...And Riolu worries me. A lot.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    ...First we were lame rescurers.
    Then we were pirates explorers.

..What next?
    Space explorers?
    Zombie space pirates?

Pirates.
    That would be awesome.

But really,what could we be that would make sense,and how will we still be good guys..?
    I can't think of anything..

Pirates :)
    Good pirates.

Back