• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
  • I'm not quite sure where to start, should i begin from the moment in the square or where we are now???

soz for the stupid Q :S

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie walked down the street, sword and shield across back, with an air of supreme confidence. It was a rough part of the town, but he could look after himself. As he turned right and approached his underground 'Pokecave'(as he affectionately referred to it as) he saw red eyes glinting in the darkness. Quick as a flash he was armed and charging up his signature fusion technique, Energy ball 'Tennis', when the pokemon was upon him. It moved like lightning and just as it was about to attack, its body went limp. Not wanting to waste this precious reprieve he dashed into his cave and sealed the entrance. He had just made it to his bed when he collapsed from exhaustion...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu quickly made her way to the square, but as she began drawing near she could sense the battle had come to an end, at least for the time being. The end of the battle didn't seem to be the end of the conflict, however, as one of the combatants, an Evee, shouted to the others in her frusterated state. Lu-Lu slowed down to a brisk walk towards the 3 pokemon. The Farfetch'd had said something to the Evee, and she seemed to be put at ease by his words. She used an unidentified form of magic to sprout wings and fly away just as Lu-Lu approached.

"It takes wise words to calm down a spirit angered by defeat." She said, standing behind the Farfetch'd. "I sensed that a battle has taken place here, but I was not swift enough to get here in time to lend my assistance. I apologize."
    She nodded her head in respect towards the Farfetch'd and the Flygon.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • Ranger was surprised that he had offended Melrose. If anything, he had been trying to comfort her. He felt bad that he had brought out such emotions, but he himself was never so quick to get offended. The farfetched obviously had more luck calming her.
    "Eh, I don't take offense to anything easily. Call me a stupid, flying cave lizard for all I care. Besides, there's no need for you to apologize, I offended you, so I'm sorry," Ranger replied to Melrose's apology and then looked to the Medicham who had just shown up.
    "You don't need to apologize either. It was taken care of pretty quickly. There are few things a strong dragon breath can't knock back," Ranger turned back to Melrose.
    "And three days? I just took him out, so unless this 'Despair' has an army, he won't be any trouble at all," the orange flygon shrugged.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie arose, he had slept for 2 days now, according to his clock. He rubbed his throbbing temples and headed out to the square. He bought some apples from Kecleon and deposited some money in the bank. As he made his way back to his house, he felt a strange urge to visit Tiny Woods. He finished off his last apple and made his way through until an unsightly Gengar blocked his path. He didn't think that this was any enemy he could deal with easily so he drew his blade and dashed forward and attacked with such speed that the Gengar was out cold before it could do so much as gasp.

Sprinting now that he sensed that he was near his destination, Leftie burst out of the undergrowth to find a clear area of the woods that seemed not to have been claimed. Realizing the opportunity, he stepped forward to claim the land as his own when he shot up into the tree and was left hanging by his right foot. He swiftly cut the rope only to fall hundreds of feet onto the floor. Picking himself up,he found himself confronted by an extremely large gang of Gengar...

Cut. Stab. Slash. Dodge. Leftie was in his element in battle, he was slowly but surely driving the colossal mass of Gengar into retreat. He was about to attack another one when his head felt as if it had exploded. He clutched his right temple and howled with pain, suddenly, he saw a Gengar at the edge of the gang cry out, summoning a massive Houndoom, but not the one he was attacked by. Then his vision returned to normal and he noticed that very Gengar forming the strange howl in his deformed, purple lips. He didn't get to do so much as utter a syllable as he found himself struck down and unable to move, Leftie over him, standing on his chest.

After seeing this the Gengar fled, tripping over one another, Leftie sprinted back to his Pokecave. Just as he was about to enter, he saw a Medicham sprinting towards the square. He called to her but she seemed not to here him so he followed her. He arrived just in time to see an Eevee sprout wings and fly.
    'Better lighten up on the medicine' he thought to himself.
    He approached the Medicham and saw her speak to a Farfetch'd, he went over and asked her what had happened...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu looks over her shoulder to see a Snivy. She remembered this particular Snivy from her meditations, and she was aware of his skill with a blade.
    "My apologies. I did not mean to ignore you before, but I needed to get here swiftly and had not the time to slow down." She said calmly. She nods her head in the Snivy's direction in respect. "Unfortunately I was not swift enough to lend my assistance here. You have heard of the houndoom attacks on the citizens of this town, correct? My suspicions appeared to have been correct, and the very same Houndoom has attacked this area just a few moments before. Noone was seriously harmed, but it took the combined strength of three pokemon in order to drive him away."

The Flygon says in a confident tone, "And three days? I just took him out, so unless this 'Despair' has an army, he won't be any trouble at all."
    "I do not mean to doubt your abilities, far from it," Lu-Lu said, "But we should be concerned about the safety of the citizens. I am confident you could hold him off again, but he'll be targeting citizens who likely do not share your combat abilities. We need to think of their safety first and foremost."

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Joey nodded in agreement with the Medicham. "I think you're right. We shouldn't underestimate Despair. I am very sure that this was just a display of his power. Whatever tricks he may have up his sleeve, I don't know, but I can assure ya, lads, he isn't gonna be some pushover." the Farfetch'd sighed. This was getting awfully complicated for him. He knew that stopping Despair was a priority, but with no leads on where he could be hiding, it had little use to go search for him. "There's gotta be a way to find him, and stop him before he attacks again," he said to seemingly nobody. He pondered, not even doing so much as giving an eyeshot to the newcoming Snivy. It all made little sense to him to begin with. Why would Despair hate this town so badly that he'd want it wiped out in the first place?

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • "Of course, the pokemon who can't defend themselves as well are the first priority. I don't think we should evacuate them in case Despair is bluffing, but we should still be prepared. Melrose, right?" he turned to the eevee, "Despair said he came here because of you. Would you mind elaborating?"

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie observed his surroundings. There was debris scattered over a large amount of the battle are and there were a peculiar type of scorch marks on the ground, he was about to take a closer look when the Medicham described what had taken place. After memorizing the story completely, he bent down and examined the glowing, orange scorch marks, he realized that they were caused by one hell of a dragon breath, but probably not one strong enough to subdue 'Despair'. He created a mental picture of what he thought the battle had been like, he assumed the Flygon had the power to cause Despair to retreat, but he didn't think that he had been defeated. As if only to confirm his assumption, a Farfetch'd voiced his thoughts and the collaborated with his. He walked over to the Farfetch'd and tried to get his attention, but the Farfetch'd ignored him. Frustrated and not knowing why Despair had done this, he turned to hear the Flygon known as Ranger say that the Eevee knows something about this. He turned to face her, intrigued with the prospect of this new information.

Years
  • Melrose looked around, only to see the pokémon whom had helped her out just a few moments ago, staring at her as if she was a criminal. She winced and knew that she now had no other choice than to tell them what the matter was. She thought back to the moment where this all had started and began het story. "Guys, Despair wants revenge on me and everbody I know because... because..." she hesitated. "Because I killed him." Her own words rose the fur on het back. "Despair was once a Haunter, and in a fierce battle which I won, I killed him. He is truly furious about this, still, and wants me dead. It's the only way for him to find rest as a spirit. I... I'm really sorry that I got you all involved in this. When he spoke my name out loud, I just acted like I was surprised. In fact, it was the sign for me to be alarmed like hell. Now, we must prepare. Prepare for what is to come. Despair doesn't bluff, and his way of battling is strong, fierce, and unexpected. Maybe we can use this against him, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea how."

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie stared at the Eevee, he found it hard to believe this somewhat unbelievable story. How on Earth was he supposed to believe that??? For the first time in what seemed like years, Leftie let out a surprisingly deep, booming laugh. The other Pokemon looked at him and stared. "How do you expect us to believe that?" He remarked "First of all, ignoring the fact that this guy has somehow come back to life which(by itself) is ludicrous, what does that have to do with destroying the town?" The Eevee stared at him, he turned to the Medicham "What do you think of this? You obviously have more knowledge in this particular area of unknown phenomenon, so could you please explain to us some plausible way to explain this?". He stared at the Medicham, secretly excited with the prospect of a new explanation for all of this.

Years
  • Melrose clenched her fists and gave a threatening growl. "I know it's hard to believe this, but really?!" she yelled at him. "Do you honestly think that I'm lying to you all?! I mustered the courage to tell you this, one of my life secrets, and you're telling me that I'm talking preposterous nonsense?!" She growled again and let out a desperate sound. "You're unbelievable! And mind you, I'm trying to save your life at the moment! I know Despair's strategy: he won't attack the town by three days, he'll take his chance tomorrow!"

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie stared in amazement.
    "Well, A life secret..." he said pondering this "well... I do sense an amount of truth in your statement and I do see absolutely no reason to believe that you are lying, and your view on Despair attacking is interesting. However, If this is true, preparations to evacuate the citizens should be made already, I'm sorry for any offence I may have caused" He said, slightly softer in tone"But, that is my way of testing you, albeit it is quite weird". He raised his voice, so that all who had gathered around could here "Everyone, Despair WILL return, All of you please, head into Tiny Woods, we 5 shall protect this town and DESTROY Despair!!!"He said with conviction. A huge cheer went up from the crowd and then, realizing the implications of what was just said, hurried back to their houses to collect their young and prized possessions and hurried into the safety of the Woods. "And that" he said lowering his voice back to normal" Is how you evacuate a town in minutes"

Years
  • "That was good," Melrose said. "I think the best way to defeat Despair is to ambush him," she suggested to her new acquaintances. "Knowing him, he'll probably move straight ahead and try to find me, but if I remain hidden for a little while, we might be able to trap him. I know a spell that might come in handy for this job," she said. She then drew a pattern in the sky and whispered some words to herself. A sphere appeared out of nowhere. "This could do the trick," she smirked.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Umm... Let's see, how about:

"I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I follow" Leftie said, he had pondered the relevance of the ball the Melrose had created out of thin air, " what does a clear, medium sized sphere have to do with us beating the heck of of Despair?" he asked, clearly having no idea, and judging by the others expressions, they didn't either. "would it be possible for you to elaborate, as while we waste time staring at spheres that... That... Reincarnated thing is planning to destroy us! Please tell us how that will 'do the trick'".

Back