• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Well, It may not be much use/help but I can use the cs3/4/5 suite with pretty advanced 'skills' if that is of any use LOL.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Ok, I'm pretty excited. I downloaded the current beta tonight and it's actually exciting. I agree on a few errors and invisible walls that you encounter, but it's not like it's game ruining.

Now, if the new beta gets released soon, am I able to patch it with the fire red rom with the beta 2.3 and it will be 3.0 with the current game file saved? Or do you have to start all over? Because if I have to start over, I don't want to go on any further with training (not used to pokemon games that make you work to win a battle =p)
    Actually, From a past experience, you can save anywhere in the game (up to the beta's end) and apply the new 'beta patch' (in this case beta3) and when loading your game up you should be completely 100% safe on your save data. it seems that when saving it only records lines of text involving your; location, pokemon, items, etc. It does not seem to save anything involving images or what not so theoretically you should be fine to apply your patch without fear, although i HIGHLY recommend you BACK UP your save data and game previous to applying said patch just because. Like Batman always said "Keep a batcave on Arkham Isle JUST INCASE Joker decides to pull a prison riot"

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • Actually, From a past experience, you can save anywhere in the game (up to the beta's end) and apply the new 'beta patch' (in this case beta3) and when loading your game up you should be completely 100% safe on your save data. it seems that when saving it only records lines of text involving your; location, pokemon, items, etc. It does not seem to save anything involving images or what not so theoretically you should be fine to apply your patch without fear, although i HIGHLY recommend you BACK UP your save data and game previous to applying said patch just because. Like Batman always said "Keep a batcave on Arkham Isle JUST INCASE Joker decides to pull a prison riot"

I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but due to the extensive remapping, it is very unlikely that your save will work on the new beta.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but due to the extensive remapping, it is very unlikely that your save will work on the new beta.
    Hmm I see, well I'll see what happens, I'll be willing to risk my save data to see if this will indeed screw up the save or not :^^

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
  • I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but due to the extensive remapping, it is very unlikely that your save will work on the new beta.
    Which is exactly why I said save in a pokemon center. Thats the only thing that remains a constant. It never changes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Looks like a good hack in the making, just a couple of tips coming up.
    It looks a bit amateuristic to have emoticons in the NPC texts.
    There are quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes, if you want I can help you fix them, but I only have time on weekends.
    Also in your home town there's this house you can't get into because there's an invisible solid tile right in front of the door. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but I decided to tell you just so you know.
    Again, this is what I got from playing beta 2.3. I have no idea whether those problems have been fixed already or whether they still need fixing. If you need my help, feel free to PM me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Looks like a good hack in the making, just a couple of tips coming up.
    It looks a bit amateuristic to have emoticons in the NPC texts.
    There are quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes, if you want I can help you fix them, but I only have time on weekends.
    Also in your home town there's this house you can't get into because there's an invisible solid tile right in front of the door. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but I decided to tell you just so you know.
    Again, this is what I got from playing beta 2.3. I have no idea whether those problems have been fixed already or whether they still need fixing. If you need my help, feel free to PM me.
    As I'm nothing more than a beta tester I'm fairly sure that with the time that has been spent on beta3 that most if not all of these errors have been fixed grammar wise, map wise, almost all if not every single map has been revamped thanks to the talented Fujitsu and Coded by Psy. So when It comes out I'm sure that the only problem would be the PC issue, unless Psy's found a fix for that to :] Thanks for your review :]

psychicboy

Years
  • There might not be a fix at all to be honest... At most, I can only add extra pokemon slots coming to a total of 9 pokemon the entire hack :/

psychicboy

Years
  • I have asked around, and the most common options were to either

A. Start the hack over with a clean FireRed rom (lolwut?)
    or
    B. Hex edit to fix it (I have no experiance in that sadly T_T)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back