• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermaniac

Donkey Summoner
Years
  • AAAAAHHHHH!! NOOOOOOOOOO! my power just went off for a sec and i lost 45 mins of gameplay! my pikachu is back from lvl 23 to lvl 8! Damn you Tlaloc, Aztec God of Lightning!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • when i try to get the battery for the reporters, so i can get into the kabuto cave it says the battery is gone. what should i do?

I recommend that you start over again.

This seems to be the most common glitch of this beta (it happened to me too), and it's been posted a LOT on this board, but I can see you're new here, so maybe next time you can read up on the threads a bit before asking a FAQ.

(Speaking of FAQ, if this thread doesn't already have one, maybe it should.)

Ravaged

Mudkips pwn u
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2007
    Unfortunatly for me, when I try to download it I get redirected to a security site. Can you plz make it so we can download with another site?

swanec

Pokemon hacking student
    Years
  • defeating the 1st gym leader

hey, i have 1 question. i cant talk to the first gym leader sissy n can't fight her. is there any way to fight her. plz plz help me with this.

n by the way good job serg!o. good graphic.

hey, i have 1 question. i cant talk to the first gym leader sissy n can't fight her. is there any way to fight her. plz plz help me with this.

n by the way good job serg!o. good graphic.if u know the problems please email me. ([email protected])

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    sorry to disrupt you guys but i have a question

i downloaded the english version it's still spanish.
    but anyway i talk to tracy by tryin to go in the building there and i cant get in there were they hold lapras. i need help here.

and with brock in the pokelab i cant get close to them.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • sorry to disrupt you guys but i have a question

i downloaded the english version it's still spanish.
    but anyway i talk to tracy by tryin to go in the building there and i cant get in there were they hold lapras. i need help here.

and with brock in the pokelab i cant get close to them.

Don't you understand english?! Question 1(Brock's one): Go to Isla Valencia. Talk to Nurse Joy. Mission Complete. Question 2(Tracey's one): After you Complete Brock's mission, talk to Prof. Ivy's blue haired assiant(I don't know how to spell this word) then you can battle Tracey in the Health Center.
    Now I helped you to answer these questions. At least say Thanks...

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    thnx alot for helping

eum i do speak english but i had the spanish version by accident.

i have 1 more question idk how to get to crystal onix i walked around the cave alot and cant get to there is no way. can you guys tell me how i get there.

Last edited:

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • thnx alot for helping

i have 1 more question idk how to get to crystal onix i walked around the cave alot and cant get to there is no way. can you guys tell me how i get there.

Just keep walking around and you will find a way
    Spoiler:

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
  • Wow, Sergio hasn't posted here for quite sometime, this thread is getting floated with questions xD, he needs a little guide/FAQ.
    Oh, and guys I'll be more active when exams finish..

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Unfortunatly for me, when I try to download it I get redirected to a security site. Can you plz make it so we can download with another site?

You probably have censoreware on your computer, thats redirecting you to this site due to the immense presence of the word "hack" on WAH, since people stereotype hackers as people who wanna ruin your computer.

So you should ask your parents to disable it to download this awesome hack.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • thnx alot for helping

Question 1(Crystal Onix's cave): In one of the rooms, there's an ice iedge on it. Go to the room(where is near the ice ledge.), then surf on the water, then battle the Crystal Onix!! I'm question answerer. Next time if you have questions, Dennis ter Maat, just PM me and don't post it on the thread.

Years
  • I just played Beta 2..
    It's in someway the best hack on tis forum i ever played!!
    I killed danny's gym :P
    but still i dont know the secret in the kabuto cave..
    I found the fossil sticked on the wall but that's all..
    Couldnt find the reporters :S
    But still it's a good game!!
    waitin for beta 3 ;)
    good luck!

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
  • I just played Beta 2..
    It's in someway the best hack on tis forum i ever played!!
    I killed danny's gym :P
    but still i dont know the secret in the kabuto cave..
    I found the fossil sticked on the wall but that's all..
    Couldnt find the reporters :S
    But still it's a good game!!
    waitin for beta 3 ;)
    good luck!

Hmm sounds like some parts are missing, maybe I will try it out when beta 3 out :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2008
    Very nice! This is an amazing hack. In the english one when your confirming you name its still says it in Spanish.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • Its not working for me. when i apply the patch and play the game, the screen just freezes and makes a screeching sound.
    1. yes its a clean ruby ROM: it works with other hacks
    2. yes it's USA version

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    1. Make completely sure you are downloading the English one
    2. Make sure you have VBA set to automatically Patch hacks

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • Update

Well, i would like both to apologize to all my supporters for the lack of information and to thank the post'ers for keep this up.

I've read the last pages and more or less there isn't nothing new. The sort of post like the one just below this. But yeah I put the blame on myself for don't update the thread.

The problem is that I have never stopped the machine but because of the classes I've reduce the rhytm to a minimum, maybe this way the good work be concentrated.

Thanks for publish here the images about the wrecked ship Zel!!
    The Celebi will have a parallel plot about the climate change (and yeah I put it for brag about the setmaptiles hehe)

What not to do:​
    Its not working for me. when i apply the patch and play the game, the screen just freezes and makes a screeching sound.
    1. yes its a clean ruby ROM: it works with other hacks
    2. yes it's USA version
    We all have played it. So realize the problem is had by you and not by the game.

Status
    Well, the hack level respect the series is:
    pm096.jpg

96 Snack Attack!
    Completed

pm097.jpg

97 A Shipful of Shivers
    The maps are ok, but there are still map oddities to fix.
    The tiles are inserted.
    The events aren't scripted yet. ;S

pm098.jpg

98 Meowth Rules!
    Nothing but a giant golden Meowth statue like a huge overworld (thanks to the guide about enlarge an OW)

pm099.jpg

99 Tracey Gets Bugged
    The most maps are done but not the graphics nor the events.

These are your answers until now, (I'll be updating it):
    Meowth episode:
    The route to the next island is blocked, so tracey suggests to go to the closest island, wich is the meowth island. When you reach it, you found the rocket's submarine in the sand.
    Then, you see Jesse and James running away from the giant meowth golden statue.
    The villagers then battle you (I guess some of them could have a skitty) until you reach meowth, who is sitting in the middle of a coliseum. When you talk to him, he reunites with Jesse and James, and then they battle you. They go away, and you go to the next island. Oh, and you could also put a hidden nugget in the island.
    -Maybe a Haunter Overworld which you have to chase around in order to battle it
    -Battling all of Meowths followers, and dethroning him
    -I would like to see a Spinarak Event

Well now I need you post here ideas about this chapters, mainly:
    1. What would you like to see in a ghost maze which is inside a wood ship?
    2. What would you like to be the Meowh's episode about?
    3. What sort of buggy events would you like to see in an insect safari? (encounters, special captures, adventures, items...)

Last edited:

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • I dont know what error i possibly could have made, which is why i come here.

I even used Lunar to manually patch the game. (and tired the renaming patch method)
    I know for a fact that its the english version of Naranja (orange)
    I know for a fact that the ruby ROM is the english USA version
    And i've never had any problems with my VBA with any other hacks, and I've retried the process a few times

EDIT: I found a different USA version of ruby (not the one by mugs) and it works with that version. thank you for trying to help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Congratulations. I accidentally tried it on a FireRed rom.

But I just made another IPS patch and brought it back. So no damage done.

And I'm having trouble with after the first gym (like you all haven't heard that a million times)

What do you do after it? Go back to the main island and go do a different island?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Its ok Sergio, you have enough respect around here to not have that many people complaining.

1. What would you like to see in a ghost maze which is inside a wood ship?
    2. What would you like to be the Meowh's episode about?
    3. What sort of buggy events would you like to see in an insect safari? (encounters, special captures, adventures, items...)

1. Maybe a Haunter Overworld which you have to chase around in order to battle it
    2. Battling all of Meowths followers, and dethroning him
    3. I would like to see a Spinarak Event

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back