• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumDude

Reformed Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2007
    Here's your answers,
    1.Use VBA (Virtual Boy Advance) it works for me.
    2.Google simply roms you should get one working USA rom from the first site (maybe the second).

I have questions,
    2 things

1. I gotta know, how far whoever is translating has gotten.
    and
    2. Serg!o, have you heard about pokemon orange? If so, what do you think of it.

Last edited:

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    Yay a new beta ^^
    Well good luck with translating it ^^;
    And I wish I could play it but this computer is my dad's >.>

altarialover :t334:

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
    Hi. I'm kind of new here, awesome hack btw. If anyone knows, however, when will the 4th generation PKMN be put in? I tried to get a munchlax (by using action replay cheats to catch 2 snorlax, then use the all badges, fly anywhere cheat to put them in the breeding centre) but it didn't work. This is not a huge problem or anything, just wondering. Thanks, you guys rock.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Just saying once again that this is an [highlight]awesome[/highlight] hack! I really want you to finish it.

So in saying that don't focus too much on translating it - instead focus on completing the hack and getting rid of the bugs first. Then you should translate it.

Yes I know most people here can't speak spanish (including myself) but that didn't stop many of them playing and enjoying your hack.

So really everyone - what would you prefer? An awesomely made game based on the Orange Islands series (which I think is everyone's dream to occur), or some bug filled half-assed game which is a result of being Sergio pressured into sharing his devotion between making the hack and translating it.

I know which one I want.

So anyways - nice hack Sergio, keep it up :).

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Hi everybody!

So Sergio, how is your work doing?
    How far have you reached in the game?
    What's missing in order that you can give us the final download of the game?
    For how long must we wait for that to happen?

And if you excuse me, is there any way that you can change the "Pokemon Naranja"'s map, so it doesn't look to "Hoennish"? LOL

Waiting for an answer.

BYE BYE!!!

ForumDude

Reformed Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2007
    In my opinion I'm with [ray.z]. I would much prefer a full spanish game than a crappy game in both spanish or waiting forever for the full release in both english and spanish. I can wait for a translation.
    Either way AWESOME HACK DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Hi again everybody!

May i just say some things i wold like to be improved in the game?

For example, i think it was better that the badges should appear in the game in order.
    Like, when i got "lapras badge", it should pe placed in #1, not 5
    Or, it could be in #5, but the Official Orange badges: The sissiy's badge should be #1, not 3.

About the map, try to change it, so it doesn't look to hoennish.

And the Cristal Onix... he is made from rock or ice? It's that in the game he sounds like a rock pokémon (i used a water atack on him and he fainted just like that...)... can't you change that type into ice?

And to finish... (i now that i'm being too critical... LOL) if you are using the Orange Islands, and if you want to stick to the Tv series, I think that hoenn pokémons shouldn't appear in the game: just kanto's and johto's pokémon... but since it's your game... i am just saying my opinions.

And about the translation, if you need anything sergio, just tell me okay? it's in the private message i sent you.

I hope wou'll hear my opinions and try to change them...

BYE BYE!

Last edited:

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
    @ForumDude:
    The translation I think is very slow, by the moment i have countless boys who have said me they will translate, but only one have sent me results...
    What do you refers with pokemon orange? i have baptized "orange" to the english translation
    @dredevo
    and for understand the lyric of La tortura, dont forget it ;)
    @Supergamecube14 and Knaspergold:
    yeah, but in the center where you get Lapras you will be able to let them to look after two of your pokemon.
    "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year
    and there will be paralell adventures who may let you capture some sea legendary
    @Blaze Dragon
    Tell me that by MP
    @[ray.z]
    thanks for your compression, the translation of the first beta i have left it like an unpossible project, but the text of the second are being done simultaneously in both languages
    @pokemaniaco
    The map now is not "hoennish":
    but it still need retouching
    @Nidoking__3
    You have to read the rules please:
    Rules said:
    No Beta or Status requests.
    Do not ask for Status of the Hacks (like release dates, how many % of the Hack are done, etc.) or request Betas of the Hacks. It is annoying and won't help anyone. The hack makers will release a Beta/Update when they think it is time to do so.
    It is really annoying...
    And its a norm of comity speak in a way that all could understand...
    @pokemaniaco
    the badges order is related with the hm's compatibility, so if I the first badge would be put in the first position, then, i couldnt torture the people keeping they busy seeking the cut HM
    I estimate your opinions but anyway ill put hoenn & jhoto pokemon in the islands

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
    AS long as you are still working on the hack i'm cool with you. This game rocks, its going to be the best pokemon hack ever.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Hi again everybody!

Ok sergio... i understand. But then i have just to small questions:

1 - The map stiil looks like hoenn.... can't you make a map totally different of the game? like Hiccup did on EmberOrange?

2 - I didn't understand your explanation about the badges... can you please explain me better? From what i understood... i think it's no problem to put the Coral Eye badge in the first place, when releasing the beta, since in the beta 2 everybody will have cut (i think...)

3 - Can't you make an Orange game but only with Kanto and Johto?

Again.. it's just my opinion.

However, like i've said... you are doing a great job when doing an game about the Orange Islands... it is very difficult to find a game that has only the Orange League and you are finnaly doing it! And it doesn't sound like a hack rom!!!! looks like it's original...

I must say that the only problem for me it is to have Hoeen pokémon in the game... but if you prefer that way... i can't complain you... afterall... it's your game!

Keep up the good work! And please hurry up to finish the game!!! LOL.

And don't forget to see my Private Message... it has the translation... see if you like! ;-)

BYE BYE!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    1: i agree a little with you pokemaniaco tho the map doesnt look so close as hoenn i needed a map next to this pic to see the resemblance besides he says the map isnt finish yet

2: What he means is when he puts the coral eye badge on the first spot people can use cut and try to find the cut hm which isn't in the game so he does this to let people know hm can't be used in this beta.

3: i think with hoenn pokemon also in this game it brings a new way of choosing the right pokemon against the gym leaders and lets people create theire favorite team but thats just the way you like it more (having it like the series or bring a slight difference)

This is not to piss you off or something but this is the way sergio sees it i think ;)

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Please refrain from swearing. I can't wait to see all of the completed game! Thanks to Babbelfish i can understand it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back