• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    hey,is ther a way i can get the new stuff in beta to on beta 1,because i got far on the first beta so.....

pokefan2007:t149:

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    hey,is ther a way i can get the new stuff in beta to on beta 1,because i got far on the first beta so.....

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I was just thinking sabout something. If the normal pokemon look like they should be shiny, what will the shiny pokemon look like?

I bet they look as the normal shiny colors, because I bet Sergio didn't editted the shiny sprites. Maybe I'm wrong, he'll tell. I don't really know, since chances of me finding a shiny are pretty low no matter what I play :'(
    Though I still remember finding that Latios the first time I played the B1... XP

Anyway, we know all the stuff the Beta has, Sergio. But, how about news? Are you perhaps taking a break now that the B2 was released, or are you still working on more stuff for the next Beta?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow!!
    This hack rocks!!
    Just downloaded the beta today and woohoo
    I feel great!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    I need help im kinda stuck after i got the gs ball what do i do?and also im srry i posted this but i talked to everybody

Last edited:

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    after i get lapras and got surf,he said to go to plata some thing,what do i have to do?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey, Sergio. I think that now that the game is a bit more developed with a few more added things, wouldn't it be cool if a walkthrough were written for it? (I'm not saying that I'd write it, someone else should do it), because I think that could help people who gets stuck, and it'd help you to avoid having to reply those gaming questions.

JoyRide: "and it doesn't even work" (Hmmm? Like, what doesn't work?)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Hey, Sergio. I think that now that the game is a bit more developed with a few more added things, wouldn't it be cool if a walkthrough were written for it? (I'm not saying that I'd write it, someone else should do it), because I think that could help people who gets stuck, and it'd help you to avoid having to reply those gaming questions.

JoyRide: "and it doesn't even work" (Hmmm? Like, what doesn't work?)
    The title screen is all screwed up
    Then when I pick my character eighter hundreds of weird symbols show up and it freezes or lets me pick my name then freezes :(

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Woo that is wierd
    Never happened to me though.
    Maybe a patching problem perhaps?

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • >Burst ninja, mitchel, Green
    Thanks, but there are not only images, ;) i mean, have you already reached there? Did you like the race?

>thethethethe
    In the Orange Island the Pokémon have different colours because of the adaption to the climate, but its not due to radical mutations. Anyway like the ADN of the Orange Islands it's the same, the colours mutations are the same, too.
    Yeah.
    Anyway in the Pokémon Naranja the normal pokemon do not look like the shinies, and the tropical ones don't look like the shinies either.
    The reason because not all the Pokémon have diffrentes colorations is that the Pokémon which can cross the ocean between the Continent and the Archipielago, like Wingulls and the acuatic Pokémon, are the same in both sides. So this is the reason because only the terrestrial Pokémon've tropical pigmentation.

What should I do ater obtaining GS ball, I allready have Lapras with Surf, but mgirl on Mandarino won't let me pass :(
    That girl is Tracey, lol
    Anyway you should invastigate.

I've found a glitch, after the Officer Jenny script, the Vileplume event at Prof. Ivys lab re-occurs. And where does the beta end?
    I've checked it, and that doesn't happened to me. Are you sure? Please, check it better and explain yourself more. ;)
    The end of the beta is in the first post's map.

Hey im stuck, no idea what to do next! The big factory? How do i do what i have to do in there, to get the battery to get into the kabuto cave?? Also i managed to sail to "dewford" altho it was just an empty island?
    Don't cheat. It doesn't have sense, then.

Sorry, I'm afraid that... not.
    You have to cereat a new savegame for play the beta2.

I bet they look as the normal shiny colors, because I bet Sergio didn't editted the shiny sprites. Maybe I'm wrong, he'll tell. I don't really know, since chances of me finding a shiny are pretty low no matter what I play :'(
    Though I still remember finding that Latios the first time I played the B1... XP

Anyway, we know all the stuff the Beta has, Sergio. But, how about news? Are you perhaps taking a break now that the B2 was released, or are you still working on more stuff for the next Beta?
    Yeah, this is an example of a Shiny Pokémon, it's like in the continent.
    "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

And... A break? hopefully...
    No tio, i'm studing for a recuperation test of Universal History for this monday, 17. A least i've only have to study half subject cause I passed the Spanish History part.
    After i recovered myself, I'll come back the tuesday until i begin the classes in october.

>Celebi_XD
    Wow!! thanks!! wowwww!

>tgcliett, pokefan2007, Dogboy2709
    You should investigate by yourself.

Hey, Sergio. I think that now that the game is a bit more developed with a few more added things, wouldn't it be cool if a walkthrough were written for it? (I'm not saying that I'd write it, someone else should do it), because I think that could help people who gets stuck, and it'd help you to avoid having to reply those gaming questions.
    Ouh, well it' would be great that somebody write a Walktrough for upload it to Wah.
    Well...
    volunteers?

Well, i've paused the studies a little for make a titlescreen. It'll be in the Beta2 extension: the beta2.1.

It has been a paranoia because I had to do a lot of Tilemap's parts in Hex, like flipping the left side of the Sun.
    The titlescreen it's a visual metaphor between the Orange fruit and the Sun, and it plays a little with the confussion of Orange (colour) and Orange (fruit).
    Hadn't sense the old green titlescreen.

And now, back to the history papers :S

Edit: If you want to write the Walkthrough: Write it here:
    Pokémon Naranja Wiki
    Where all people can write.

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • >Burst ninja, mitchel, Green
    Thanks, but there are not only images, i mean, have you already reached there? Did you like the race?
    well i havent got that far, im in north mandarin island and i cant get past this little blonde girl its very annoying.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    I beat a trainer and she said raise my level to get something from here. I raised Pikachu up three more levels and still got nothing. What level do I need to get something?

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • Okay, after get a Lapras and level it up, you have to be found out (in Tangelo) that exists an Orange League in the Orange Islands.
    It's important to talk with everybody in the game.

Marissa, the sister of Mateo won' let you pass until you talk with his brother.

Humm Supacuz, you must be talking about Mima, an expert of the camouflage, sorry for the in-game misspelling.
    You can see a video about the requirements:

And thanks fireflame!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow that title screen is awesome man!!
    Love it too much.
    And can you tell me how to get past the girl in Isla Mandarina?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    that title screen looks awesome 0.o
    And I have a question. Does Beta 2 end before Crystal Onix, or after it? Because I'm at the cave where it should be and there is no warp to enter it...

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • I never cheated? I dont cheat. Mr brieny(dunno how to spell) took me! I beat the trainer who had a magneton then went in the house and spoke to mr brieny and he took me there, i had a look around to see if that was supposed to happen and i guessed it didnt, so i went back and couldnt figure out what to do next!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back