• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Most likely you are using a mugs Ruby rom (if it originally had an extra screen before the classic screen with Nintendo's copyrights (when it still was Ruby, obviously), then it's a mugs rom, you have to find another one, 'cause this hack is really a Ruby hack)

(By the way, I agree with the Crystal Cave thing... I never figured out how you must do them, so I searched with AMap, and judging the values and movement permissions it is not possible at all... Meh... I got out of it, anyway... :badsmile:)

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    The Crystal Cave is really cool looking but really annoying. There's no way to get Onix unless you use the WTW code. And I'm not big on cheating so it's a tough choice.

Years
  • You can get crystal onix. I got it it's an ice/steel type. (Well done on that and the pink Rhyhorn). I won't say how to get it but

Spoiler:

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Ye i got crystal onix just by walking around, kinda found it by accident tho. I did it how the post above me said in his spoiler.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I'm trying to play the game. I patched it to a Ruby game and tried to play it but all I see is white...? Help?

Mazumia

Hacker that needs help
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    I'm trying to play the game. I patched it to a Ruby game and tried to play it but all I see is white...? Help?

I am having the same problem exept i actually see some stuff (the intro page with the dates, the lake with water drips and latios flying away) obiously i can skip past that, but then the title screen is all messed up, Prof. birch is all blocky, your OW is all messed up when you name tyourself and when you click okay you just see black! help please.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    now that someone posted that they cannot play this hack, I am too, having the same problem..

No matter how many times I patch it to any Ruby rom, it'll crash...

Please help, 'cause I really wanna play this awesome hack. thanks in advance...

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • Well, the things I am going to do now is:
    To depure the plot and make a more coherent history, for be easier to play.
    Replace all the noob scripts I've inserted in the game for better ones.
    Yeah thanks to the Mastermind's tutorial I made the Crystal Onix more Special.
    "Pokémon Naranja" 2005 Hack of the Year

___________________​

All I can say about it is... wow...

How many hours/days have you been working on that, man?
    A spent an evening drawing it, anyway the boring part was to hex edit the tilemap for flip horizontally. Nah.
    This was the process:
    Maybe it helps to somebody
    >pharaohguy, Supacuz, zel, Kazan22, Burst ninja
    Crystal Onix, hum, I'll make a help-video later. Anyway you've to check the walls in which you're interested, cause they have different block behaviours.
    It's explained later by "thethethethe".

I never cheated? I dont cheat. Mr brieny(dunno how to spell) took me! I beat the trainer who had a magneton then went in the house and spoke to mr brieny and he took me there, i had a look around to see if that was supposed to happen and i guessed it didnt, so i went back and couldnt figure out what to do next!?
    Mr. Britney?
    I suppose I didn't remove it.
    It's bizarre. Well anyway if you've got the second badge and have ended the Rocket adventure in Kabuto Island's cave you are finished the beta. For a bigger defy you have to go to the Trainer's Desert at the East of Mandarina Islands.
    It's VERY hard so it will take your time.

>Burst ninja, Knox, 1337DannyX
    Thanks

>1337DannyX, Bluelatios
    Naranja beta2 limits and badges:

...the heck? The game's really screwy, and it crashes often. Are you sure it's a hack of Ruby?
    No, I am not sure in what rom I based my game.
    Maybe a person who don't know how to patch could help me.
    Please read the Sotomura's thread or this tutorial before doing such cuestions.

>thethethethe
    Hey, you're good really.
    I suppose for the beta 2.1 I'll made all the plot more evident. :)

Please, the patch works well. If you can not begin the game don't post here because it's a problem of your ruby rom, but not of the hack.

Thanks for posting ^_^

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Heh, quite the extra additions to the beta, eh? Looking good Sergio, love the graphics and hidden entrances, etc...

I would play it, but these patches dont like me lol. I've tried 3 Hacks all failed. But I shall attempt again x-D

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • Yeah, for the Beta2.1 version I'll revamp some of the scripts and add new things:
    Future Beta 2.1 Prevision​
    Expansion:
    7 Pummelo Islands
    The adventure of Snorlax and the Grapefruits which eats.
    Isla MORO
    With a pirate ship and a ghost's minigame
    Isla MURCOTT
    Mapping a bug's safari.
    Extras
    Extra zones. A glitch city and another special with Smeargle's graffitis.
    I want to introduce a volcano too.
    (It's in the Naranja's above map, can you find it?)

Minigames.
    A sled's race, like the Danny's one but without Danny and with prizes and more rails.
    Improve the Poké-bebederos.
    Transporting service between islands.
    A Safari in Murkott with special places like a beehive cave and bug's holes.
    Legendarys
    It will be Jirachi in the Red Moon night Sky (you'll need to energize a bizarre stone), the Unown (not really legendarys ), and other hiddens.
    I'll try to insert a preview of one of hte Shamouti Islands (probably Fire island, where you find Moltres).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back