• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Netplay(New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Pokémon Netplay

Pokémon Netplay
    Hack of FIRE RED

Introduction
    I figured this needed an update. To newcomers to the thread, what we're doing is taking a clean FR rom, and, taking turns by a list, we hack/map a house into the rom, and, after everyone that participated takes their turn, we'll have the same Fire Red game we all know and love, with our houses in it. You can also move into already mapped apartments and change them around. There also will be a few hotels included. How we're doing all this is, pretty much, passing around an IPS patch, and whoever is next in line, edits it.

Features
    - Everyone will eventually have a house in the game if they post and want to make one
    - Make your house in any city or town in Kanto as long as you don't change the main city/town map dimensions(i.e any tileset, any dimensions[inside the house], etc.)
    - Apartments in every town and city in the game, that are already mapped with warps and all made, you just have to mark your territory lol
    - Some hotels and motels you can move into

Status(as of 11/13/08)
    A new name is still needed. Post any ideas.

List

Spoiler:

Banners
    New banners are coming soon. The whole idea of the banner for wherever place you live i chucked bc to make one for every route and town in the game would take a LONG time and I should be spending that time working on this, and my other hacks. The old banners are in the spoiler. Once the patch is up, the new banners will follow, and if I don't get them all up at the same time, it would be a few made and/or uploaded every day. =]

Spoiler:

Population

The amount of people will be counted and added as soon as I find out where the people on the list who signed up plan to live in the game, and fill in that part of the list.

Pallet Town - ??
    Viridian City - ??
    Pewter City - ??
    Cerulean City - ??
    Lavender Town - ??
    Vermillion City - ??
    Celadon City - ??
    Fuchsia City - ??
    Saffron City - ??
    Cinnabar Island - ??

Releases
    We haven't came that far yet...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nice job with the organization...sort of. :\
    It's neat, but putting EVERYTHING in spoilers isn't such a good idea. :\

Anyways, I wish you luck with the project. :)
    Good Luck~

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Nice job with the organization...sort of. :\
    It's neat, but putting EVERYTHING in spoilers isn't such a good idea. :\

Anyways, I wish you luck with the project. :)
    Good Luck~

Yeah, I planned on changing that anyways, I just threw this thread together kinda quick bc i needed to go to bed early last night. I changed it again now into a numbered list and took some spoilers out.

And look out for the patch. It should be up sometime today, if I finish it in time.

And btw since viridian and pallet didn't exactly have empty buildings for space to add apartments and looked bad if i put it in a blank area, instead of remapping them to look right, I'm just getting around that by having 1 house in each rent out a few rooms. And the rooms for rent in pallet town are in gary's house, to get all gary edition on you guys lol. And the ones in viridian are in the only house, really, next to the gym. Lavender is going to be like this, because of the map limits, so I couldn't make a new building even if i wanted 2, like I could in viridan and pallet town. The rest of the towns and cities are fine and will have a new building.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Name: Ryan (Smileman)Where: Pallet Town

k added u to the list. and I can't finish the patch in time today, so probably tomorrow or the day after. It's just taking longer than I thought and i'm busy w/ other things. Don't worry, though, after the first patch goes up it should b fine. any other requests just post them here or PM me.

Smileman

Scripter looking for a team
    Years
    Hey, just put me as SMileman, I wasn;t sure what name you were asking for, I just want it displayed as Smileman.

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    I'm supporting this a bunch! May I join?

Name: .:God:. or just God
    Place: Cerulean

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Hey, just put me as SMileman, I wasn;t sure what name you were asking for, I just want it displayed as Smileman.

I'm supporting this a bunch! May I join?

Name: .:God:. or just God
    Place: Cerulean
    Well I actually prefer if people used their first names too, but ok np. I added you to the list too .:god:. =]

So, I just had this idea.

To redo the pokemon mansion in cinnabar and let people live in it.

Because there's so little room.
    I was just mapping it to look restored and it seems like a good idea, but I want to know what you guys think before I hit the save button.

Or I could just not save and do it later...

EDIT:nevermind. i'm not doing that idea anymore.

Last edited:

Smileman

Years
    Ahhh, that was a good idea, I have an idea though, in every big water area you should put a house or a hotel, for hotels you have to pay to sleep and they have PCs, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Ahhh, that was a good idea, I have an idea though, in every big water area you should put a house or a hotel, for hotels you have to pay to sleep and they have PCs, etc.

yeah that's a good idea. it kinda reminds me of the inn in parina village in liquid ocean. I need to get a scripter at some point though. I actually need to get one for all my hacks so far lol. I'll work on that later. For now I'm working on ioline and I was working on this earlier and most of the buildings are up for the apartments. The insides are only added for pallet and viridian so far though, with all warps working and all. I'll PM whoever's on the list(idr right off the top of my head, I think it's harry blue5?) with the patch and post it on the thread and we'll get it started.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I guess I'll join this. ;P

User Name: Wind~
    Name wanted in-game: Michael
    Place: Celedon City

Smileman

Years
    Oh yeah, I can sprite anything for you if you need anything.... Also, your siggy, I HATE RAP AND I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YAY!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I guess I'll join this. ;P

User Name: Wind~
    Name wanted in-game: Michael
    Place: Celedon City

ok ur on the list.
    Oh yeah, I can sprite anything for you if you need anything.... Also, your siggy, I HATE RAP AND I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! YAY!!!
    what bands ru into lmao. and yeah if i need a sprite for this, i'll PM u.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Why am I on the list, I dropped out, remember?
    yeah, i remember but we're using fire red now so I thought u might not have problems with that rather than ruby. no worries, I'll take you off the list
    and since we haven't started going through the list yet, I just took you off, rather than putting your name in pink

Could I have my name changed to Sam and create my house in Celadon? =]
    Yeah, I just changed to. I'm still keeping all screennames though, just so you know. It's just in parenthesis,just so players know who on here that it is. There is going to be two apartment buildings in Celadon once I finish adding them in all the cities and post it. So most of the room will be in saffron and celadon, bc they're the biggest cities in the game

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Someperson2000 - I'm into metal, screamo, REALLY REALLY hard rock, etc.
    awesome lol. what bands? just send it in a PM lol bc I don't wanna make it a music chat, even though music is like my favorite thing. I'm into Silverstein, underOATH, blessthefall, Parkway Drive, From First To Last, The Devil Wears Prada, As I Lay Dying, that kinda thing.

Smileman

Years
    Oh, cool, I'm into My Chemical Romance, Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed, Crooked X, Killswitch Engage, etc.Now, enough of that lol. Sooooooo, ever gonna post like what you have so far in IPS?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back