• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: Next Generation (über - .rhw 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Pokémon: Next Generation (über - .rhw 9)

.:: Introduction ::.

Since the old thread was way too old, I got permission to make new one. This is my second hack which is on PC (or was), but that was my start, so don't want to even see it ;) . I also want to remind you that this hack received the .rhw 9 über award.

Now, back to the formalities and normal thread layout ;)
    Ahh, I almost forgot: this is hack of Pokémon Fire Red (English - BPRE).

.:: Story ::.

You are about to enter the region. Prof. OAK tells you something about this world (He retired, just to let you know ;)). Not everything, so read carefully: Three years after the Great Pokémon Tournament, formerly known as Pokémon League, when Fire and Leaf won the tournament and both became champions, Team Rocket destroyed many parts of Kanto, with help of teams Aqua and Magma, so people had to rebuild cities and towns in region. Big help came also from citizens of Johto. Now, Pallet town got whole new look,because after the big flood made by Kygore, everything was different. But why? In those three years Pallet and Cinnabar citizens tried to build the underwater tunnel between those cities to help each other, but three teams found it. Team Rocket froze the tunnel and Cinnabar with Articuno they captured, Magma destroyed Route 1, the entrance to the tunnel and Aqua flooded Pallet. But, things aren't so bad. All teams disappeared when Elite 4 and champions wiped out floor with them when they came to destroy Pokémon league. Now, you are about to become trainer, and maybe the new champion!

.:: Features ::.

* Map changes
    * Bonus places
    * New GYM system
    * EEVEE as starter
    * Changing some sprites of POKéMON, taking from other games.
    * Maybe new region
    *MUSIC FROM POKéMON RUBY

.:: Team ::.

Mappers: me
    Spriters: me
    Scripts: Christos, Perappu
    Helpers (or they want to be): Micklo

.:: Changes from beta 1 ::.

*Gary is no longer your friend
    *Oak retired
    *Cinnabar gym (battle hall) got new leader: Maria (more information later)

.:: New people ::.

Maria
    Gym leader of Cinnabar, sister of Glacia, age - 20
    Few years ago, she was just ordinary trainer in Mahogany town's Gym (Johto), but she showed uncommon skills and got a place as leader in Cinnabar battle hall, because Blaine retired after the freezing fiasco, he couldn't stop Articuno with his fire Pokémon.

Here is how does she look:

John
    Gym leader of Clearwater Lake, age - 16
    When all teams disappeared, Giovanni's Gym was abandoned.
    Elite 4 called all good trainers and tested them, and John won whole tournament.
    Then he became leader.

Here is how does he look:

.:: Screenshots ::.

See that revamped Pikachu? New nurse, eh? Just daycare.

Daisy's house on the
    Family with rival again?

Voice of nature... :D
    Pallet Forest with new design

Back to the other side of river...
    Just left the forest

In the town In Cinnabar - bit icy, isn't it?

Glacier pass (both screens)

Route 1 - Silly icy desert :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Wow that looks excelent. May I help and find glitches for you guys to fix?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

First, answers to posts:

Thank you, HYPERCANNON, but that's not so hard as it looks.

Garethp
    , I have beta testers, so they can find glitches. But thanks.
    Next, I want to say that Beta 2 will be the last beta, and you won't get further than into the tunnel between the Pallet and Cinnabar. Just if you go south in the tunnel. If you reach right exit, you may look to the Clearwater lake (former Viridian City) and MAYBE battle new leader, I'll post bio and sprite later. Just to let you know, you'll earn badges very chaotically, so don't be scared when you get your 1st badge into the last place. So have fun! Ahh, and the last secret thing, If it'll work well, I'll try to put train station to Vermilion and you'll get to the special place (bit of new region, former Sevii Islands archipelago, now, after the catastrophe, islands are one region - very small).I want to ask you all: PLEASE, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE BETA 1 FROM OLD NG THREAD. You just mess up the ROM.

Edit: New People section updated, new Hall leader (or Gym leader, if you wish) John.
    Edit: New screenshots of Cinnabar and the other places, check out the first post.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Great hack i like how gary isnt your freind and oak is retired

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    I can't wait, Sugimori! I never finished that other beta.... >.< Maybe I can do something with the new one, eh?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

Thank you all for comments. I'll change some things (e.g. volcanic ash weather) and then I'll show you. I will be able to work on NG just a little this month, but expect a little minipreview today (maybe). You will see Cinabar Iceberg map (just outside). I'll post it here soon. This will be last playable preview, I decided to give Beta 2 just to few people, so this minipreview will be last release for whole PC.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Vipershark said:
    I can't wait, Sugimori! I never finished that other beta.... >.< Maybe I can do something with the new one, eh?
    Wat beta?
    Sugimori I love it really but maybe try and make eevee evolve to espeon by Sun stone and umbreon vy moon stone coz its really hard to get them normally but its just a suggestion

me_co

Watch Out! Dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    im behind you all the way i want this one completed

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    Rogue said:
    Wat beta?
    Sugimori I love it really but maybe try and make eevee evolve to espeon by Sun stone and umbreon vy moon stone coz its really hard to get them normally but its just a suggestion

Oh, that? That was just something between me and Sugimori.... I was trying to fix the old beta for him, but never finished it. Mostly text editing and stuff.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Ok i am i am a huge fan of this hack and are you able to catch a charmander in this game and i think this hack is going to blow everyones mind when they play it

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

BACK AGAIN!
    So, I like Sun and Moon stone evolving idea, I'll try to do it, but I have to find out how. Cinnabar Minipreview with RUBY music (you'll see) in next 3 hours. Until then, see ya!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Great! You're back!
    I can help you with the Sun and Moon stone evolving idea.

Here is the preview, Sugimori had to go and he told me to post it.

Download Patch

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

Thanks for posting the patch Christos.
    I think I won't release Betas, just random places in the game, where you'll be completely cut off from the world ;). I have to go again, so all I want to say is: Enjoy it! :D

EDIT: Okay, I'll do it as soon as possible. ("voice"set)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    the hack look's great and even though oak's retired will he still have an apearance in the game ?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ...Hi!

Halfdead, he will still be in the game, and he will give you something what will be very useful in the later stages of the game. And all of you, wait that preview with FIXED music in the next hour.

EDIT: I made it right now, here is the PATCH:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back