• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon: Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I made a banner for the hack, Sugimori.

Pokémon: Next Generation

Just whiling the time away~
    ~Perappu

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Nice one - banner. I'll have that mine, but every member of team should put that yours into his/her sig. Nice. *re-writes team list*.
    OFFTOPIC: What was your name before Perappu? I think I know you.
    Syieko: Check out FAQ and search, as Perappu said.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Ok, I'll add that banner on my sig, another one...
    OFFTOPIC:Sugimori his previous name was Icyflare, Perappu that's how you got in my buddy list :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Hey, it's great news to see your carrying on with this hack!!! I could help you with something. I could map or script for you! Am i still in your E4?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Of course!
    I didn't change anything from story and people who are in. Just my rom messed up and i had to start over.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yes, you can join, but I need to see your work (and maybe little edit).

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    I can add the Pokemon for the grass in Pallet, the water in Waterlily Lake, and possibly do a little mapping.

somewhat off-topic edit:

"When I'll find out how to edit attacks of POKéMON, you're in. Perappu, I'llneed your help. I'll PM you, when I'll have part of game complete."
    Here's how:
    1) Download Elite Map.
    2) Download pokeroms.ini from helmetedrodent's website (link to the homepage provided with Elite Map)
    3) Load your Fire Red ROM with Elite Map.
    4) Open PattED(under toolbelt menu)
    5) Select the Pokemon with whose attacks you want to edit.
    6) Scroll to the attack that you want to edit with the slidey thingy.
    7) Click the arrow next to the attack's name and select the attack you want to replace it with.
    8) Close Elite map and open your emulator.
    9) Load the ROM with your emulator.
    10) Aquire the Pokemon and raise it to the level that it learns the attack to test it.
    11) You are done!

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Um, I know how to change attacks of Pokemon, but I want to change trainers pokemon with PET and it can't change attacks of pokemon as they have to be. Fore example, I will change Bruno to fire traiiner and when I'll change Pokemon, attacks will stay ground type and Fire blast is named there Earthquake, what's confusing. Anyways, thanks for help.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    Sugimori said:
    Of course!
    I didn't change anything from story and people who are in. Just my rom messed up and i had to start over.

Awesome. I can script or map for you if you want.

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
    Years
    this hack looks fantastic, nice touch with celebi. If you PM me when you have realeased the final beta ill check for bugs, or the next beta if you want, if you want that is (i would love to help with this hack...)

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    What with Cerulean? Oh yes, deleting it. I'm not sure about deleting, maybe I'll just completely change it and ask someone for making scripts - editing GYM leader battle in Viridian and changing Gary script in Cerulean etc.
    If you mean something other with it, tell me.

crasher191

The raw power of dragons...
    Years
    i need some help. when i see oak all a little selection bar comes up and i choose either eggs or something else i cant see and then nothin happens. wat do i do?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    ??? Did you use beta from first post? Don't use it, it's very glitchy! I'll post new one when I'll make same things as they were in that one. For this time, I have complete just Viridian. And I think t will be better when you'll play whole game than just parts, don't you think so?

And about that bug, show screenshot of it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I would like to request whether I can help with your hack or not. I'm quite new to hacking, so I won't be hacking anything big!

I'd like to help with one/some of the following areas:
    Base Stat edits
    Pokemon found on certain routes
    Pokedex Data
    Spoken Text

I'm not a super hacker, so I'd just be using tools from the EliteMap package. I know you and the people already helping you are more than capable of doing these things, but I just thought I could save you some time, so you could concentrate on other things!

Hope I can help

Micklo

P.S. Can I make a cameo as a trainer, please?
    Name: Mikey
    Type: Water
    Pokes: Wartotile
    Croconaw
    Marshtomp
    Sealo
    Sprite:
    Pokémon: Next Generation

You can decide on the levels depending where (and if) you put me into the game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back