• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Nightmare

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    So, not a big update in terms of storyline, but a large turn in terms of graphics! I can now say that most of the pictures above aren't updated because of their aspect! :D

Also, fixed some bugs in Middlin Forest and tile issues, as well as changing much of the text in trainers, changing their categories, and some other news.

So, without further ado, the latest beta is now available to download and play! ^^

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    I really like the storyline, well written and presented! ^_^

The screenshots look amazing, and so do the graphics, as from what I can see on my Wii. :)

Good luck and keep it up!

D. Lawride

Years
    Nicey story. Good tiles. Great progress.
    Well done, overall. :)

I really like the storyline, well written and presented! ^_^

The screenshots look amazing, and so do the graphics, as from what I can see on my Wii. :)

Good luck and keep it up!

Glad you both liked the storyline and the graphism! I've made some more changes now, and since the next update may take a while due to the lack of spriters (the only one available is doing a huge job right now), I'll update the beta up there. Just check for when the edit mentions Beta 5, still today. ^^

D. Lawride

Years
    Okay, new beta uploaded!

This time, a long list of new tiles and new sprites, as well as some new maps and some new things far within!

You may have noticed that there was a house in Sitia that takes you to the Castle and then doesn't allow you to return. IF I'm not mistaken, it was corrected in this latest version. If not, no worries, just make sure you save when you reach Sitia and if you accidentally enter that house, you'll just have to reset.

Also, the sprites replacing Steve in the Gorge Cave are not ours, nor do I claim them, but because the tilesheet did not show any name I can credit, I will just mention they are not ours and are most likely temporary.

Anyways, enjoy the new beta!

Years
    Just so you know his name is Blue not Gary. The games were created in 1995/1997 and an anime based on the games was made in 1998. However the anime was out first in America and then the games came out in 1998 in America leading to confusion. I don't want to be mean or anything, but I just wanted you to know, and I don't know if you know or not. I plan on playing this when I get done with Bloody Platinum.

D. Lawride

Years
    Just so you know his name is Blue not Gary. The games were created in 1995/1997 and an anime based on the games was made in 1998. However the anime was out first in America and then the games came out in 1998 in America leading to confusion. I don't want to be mean or anything, but I just wanted you to know, and I don't know if you know or not. I plan on playing this when I get done with Bloody Platinum.

Eheh, no problem, but I'm aware of that, and I did that deliberately. I did name the character Gary and another one is Ash, if you check it well. Gary is the name of the "alter-ego" of Blue on Yellow, but also the counterpart on the anime. So, in other words, I did it on purpose. ^^

But thanks for the warning, anyways.

D. Lawride

Years
    Okay, sorry for the delay on the new beta! I tried to put in the new beta as much as possible, and I managed to put up a new colosseum, a new city, a new Gym (+ Gym Leader) and some more new stuff like Routes and dialog changes on many overworld trainers. The tiles also changed a bit, and some have been added to "give it some spice". Some more sprites were added, too, like the player riding and using HM moves like Cut.

Also, the screenshots were updated!

So, without any more delay, here is the new beta!

https://download667.mediafire.com/s5mfyqy0xkhg/onirmmnwn5m/POKéMON+NIGHTMARE+7.ips

D. Lawride

Years
    Well, since we're about to end the year, I might as well give one last update:

And put whatever's been updated, of course:

The first steps into Radio, since it will be included as a new feature. I wish it was a permanent feature for the PDA, but that's kind of impossible for me at the moment. <.<
    So, for now, it's only available in some houses.

The storyline has been furthered, so now you can go further in Orthan to follow more parts of the storyline!

Also, I might be including new Pokémon (by new I mean Sinnoh ones) to be available to capture, but it's still a decision I haven't made.

MOAR ADMINS. Meet two new admins in Time Co. Team Darkness!

And of course, new Gym Leaders and other events!

So, I hope y'all enjoy playing it! =D

Back