• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

maybe add some flowers in front of that cave.
the spot on the beach where theres just one tile of water looks kinda dumb. I would get rid of that lol.
it all looks pretty good though waudby :P

Yeah I'm gonna put some things in fron of the cave like signposts and perhaps a small area that has already been dug out, like oyu see in the official games.

I'm still working on the beach area, got a few little attractions to put there and i'll get rid of the one water tile, it was an idea of putting a rock pool there but went wrong :P

Another house that is featured in the lower beach is the Life Savers house, which i'll revealed more details about soon, it's not hard picking out whihc house it could be :P

Atomic Reactor

lol. the one closest to the beach? Right?
Can't wait to see what you have in the next update :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Actually the puddle is from pokemon platinum.

Good job Waudby, I'm jealous of your buildings.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hey waudby. Ok first sorry about acting like that before. Second. Sorry for not posting. Now that it seems that your clean and free of stealing i would like to say you shaped up your project nicely now and i cant wait to see more of what you have in store. Good luck!

Waudby

Umm.... I'm faily cirten the puddle behing the trees is from Kyls MMO, by any chance, did you get it from a place called Pokemon Script Project, because most of the stuff there is stolen from Kyle.

As Kyle said, it's from Platinum, edited a bit :P

A few of the newer tiles were based on their platinum counterparts.

Actually the puddle is from pokemon platinum.

Good job Waudby, I'm jealous of your buildings.

Thanks a lot it means a lot coming from you. I'll hopefully have a few more to show soon too :D

Hey waudby. Ok first sorry about acting like that before. Second. Sorry for not posting. Now that it seems that your clean and free of stealing i would like to say you shaped up your project nicely now and i cant wait to see more of what you have in store. Good luck!

Firstly, that's okay, everyone acted like it at the time. Secondly, thanks a lot, i'm glad to see that the current progress is helping people rejoin the side of liking the game :P

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It looks really nice. I really like the layout of your region so far.

Waudby

It looks really nice. I really like the layout of your region so far.

Thanks a lot. I have released a region map before I believe and this wont change based on the new maps. Instead I am relocating towns etc so it should still match the map :D

I've been doing some more spriting and have got a few more buildings and objects to show off at the next big update.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Must.. not... use... buildings
*restrains self*
Good lord that took a lot.
Your new buildings are look really nice, I love how you've interpenetrated Kyledove's style.
Keep up the good work!

Waudby

*restrains self*
Good lord that took a lot.
Your new buildings are look really nice, I love how you've interpenetrated Kyledove's style.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks. A few people have asked me about the buildings and to be 100% honest, they're not that difficult to make if you just break it down into what you want.

Here's some tips for people;

For the most part, most styles of building have been done in the official games, so take a look at how they're done normally, and apply that to your own tiles. This does not take away from your creativity but just to help you recognise how things are put together, after learning you can then do it yourself over and over until you have as many new buildings as you like :D

For more uncommon buildings and shapes, just think in your head how you want it to look, maybe a building with a large circular front to it, will first of all you're going to need to create a cylinder shape and then the basic building shape around it. It's fairly simple :D
I may make a tutorial on it sometime.

Also, I'm expecting the big update to be sometime this week.

Waudby

Hey sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've been pretty busy in my personal life.

Is there anything people wanna know about storyline etc? Or any questions at all to keep the thread alive?

Years
No offense or anything Waudy, but I think your custom tiles are just cookie-cutter imitations of Kyledove. You really need to add something to the style that screams you, not Kyledove. Now, this isn't a bad thing, but you need to be a bit more creative when making your own tiles. I fully support supplementing his set rather than using it as a whole.

But this really isn't the place for pixel art discussion, now is it? About the game, looks good. I would love to hear much more about the storyline. And one question: are you just going to use the regular Pokémon items, or are you going to create some of your own? A couple custom Pokéballs and berries would be sweet, and maybe some new regular items would be nice (Key items don't count, since it's basically a given that there will customs of those).

Anyway, I wish you the best in making the game.

Waudby

I should have something very nice to show everyone soon. I think people will like the new features I get to show off :P

Waudby

Hopefully everyone is looking forward to the new update, I know I am. I can't quite tell you a date yet, but I hope you will all be surprised and like what I have in store for you all. I honestly don't think anyone will hate the idea.

I'd like to keep this thread active a bit more than it has been recently, but then again I've not had anything new to show.

So i'm hoping everyone can come up with something to ask me about the game and I'll do my best to answer it.

Waudby

Can't wait to see it, Waudby. I have been wondering when you would post another update.

Thanks for the comment Alistair. I really wanna update right now - i'm that excited about it, and so is Riceeman :D

But i must finish more of the new stuff before showing you all. You'll understand why it's taking it's time soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back