• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • screenshot%202008.06.26%2018.17.18.0852.png

screenshot%202008.06.26%2018.17.22.0433.png

:O inside of the Pokémon Guild Headquarters, what's this, shady characters?

screenshot%202008.06.26%2018.17.33.0096.png

screenshot%202008.06.26%2018.17.29.0412.png

Yes... shady indeed lol.

and lastly:

screenshot%202008.06.26%2018.08.47.0079.png

First of the Kanto starters :P

Are those indoor D/P tiles made by Kyledove, if they are could you maybe PM them to me as I am also using Kyledove D/P tiles for my project and I can't find them anywhere. If they aren't then don't worry about it, I'll just wait for Kyledove to make some.
    Thanks.

Waudby

My first ever attempt of spriting Pokémon, how did it turn out?

I know it says bulbasaur but thats just for test reasons.

screenshot%202008.06.27%2011.13.22.0412.png

NOTE: These may or may not be in the game, I was just spriting and wanted to know people's opinions.

I have no name for it, but it's based loosely on, a penguin, a chao (from sonic :P) and I wanted to make it have an angelic feeling.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • That is really cool looking. Just make it slightly darker, and maybe add some shading around the edge.
    Other then that, keep it in. I love the idea of fan Pokemon if they fit the look of Pokemon and I think that one does.

Waudby

Thanks for the good words, I'll try fixing it up but I'm no good really lol, I can do the outlines etc but I can't shade :P

Also, many people will think I copied the idea of no HM's in this game, from Protectors, however I didn't lol. But I'm replacing them with a more man made replacement, more on this later.

Does anyone know any good D/P spriting tuts?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yeah many people have come up with the idea of no HMs separately, I did because I just hated having to teach Pokemon useless moves.

And Waudby that sprite is pretty good, but does need shading...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Um, Wichu has a good spriting tut in his signature(it's a link).
    The example of the tut is a Luxio.

Atomic Reactor

Eeveeon: that's a tut on converting D/P's to Advance gen.
    he wants a tut on making D/P pokemon. just thought i'd clear that up. ^_^

keep up the amazing work Waudby!

Waudby

I have been extremely busy at the moment so no updates yet, I've had hsoptial checkups to make sure I'm healing properly etc.

The storyline system has been tested many times by me so that is now working fine.

I'd say the demo is about 85% finished now, with the final touches being things like;

-Script the UseItem function that will allow the player to use any item based on location etc.
    -Fix the bug in the battle system that occurs when the player runs.
    -Finish creating all the NPC's for the demo world.

So as oyu can see it's nearing completion.

Waudby

Okay so now I have added in, 28 trainer battles for the player to take part in, in the demo.

The only other NPC's left are the ones in the towns, they shouldn't take too long to finish.

The Bag system is coming along nicely, there will only be a few items featured in the demo because I'm entirely rewriting all the items for the game, there will be some standards obviously like potions and pokeballs as well as a few key items and tms.

So now this is your chance to help me out, I want people to suggest items for the game, no key items though as you wont know the story lol.

But things that you may think will come in usefull.

Do it in this format

Code:
    Name:
    Type:
    Cost:
    Description:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Name: Multi-stone
    Type: 1 time use
    Cost: 5000
    Description: Allows Eevee to evolve into whateverPokemon u want.

This will be useful if u want a level five Espeon in about 5 seconds! :P

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Name: Steroids
    Type:Um dont know what you mean but its an enhancer.Aha got it. Its one time use
    Cost: 500$
    Descrpition:The pokemon that has these drugs used on em will get a boosted 10 ivs in attack but will never be able to breed!

Name:Sword of blaze
    Type:Hold
    Cost:00000$ (Its a one time legendary item)
    Description: Well i was thinking. What if the final level stage of starter pokemon had legendary items? You could give blaziken a sword that ignites itself with the fire of the pokemons soul. Also gives a one time signature move for the pokemon. Like Blaze slash. Instead of plant frenzy blast burn and the water one the starter pokemon can get a one time item with a signature move! If you like it and decide to take it in ill give you every single one.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • name: rare chocolate
    type: one time use
    price: 000000$ (can only be found)
    description: give this to any pokemon and they go up 3 levels (i suggest you only put one in the game though)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    name: rare chocolate
    type: one time use
    price: 000000$ (can only be found)
    description: give this to any pokemon and they go up 3 levels (i suggest you only put one in the game though)

If there's only one, why not make it 5 levels? :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yea, I know what he means.
    I'm saying that there is more than one rare candy--->raises by 1 lvl.
    Only one rare chocolate--->raises by 5 lvls.
    3 doesn't seem like enough for only one item in the region.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back