• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Oh, right. Mistake x_x Yep, it's a file. So I editted both of the music titles and it says now it can't find the music. Hmm.

"Script Error in 'vars.js', line 245

Could not load sound 'Battle/Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3'
    You changed "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3" in vars.js, did you also change the name of the file in startup/sounds/battle from "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3"?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Yeah, I changed both of them and just copied and pasted the name of the first one to the second, so I'm sure they match however I'm still getting the same error. I'm probably doing something wrong XD Don't worry about it.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    If you've done something wrong... I'll do it for you...

replace startup/scripts/vars.js with the contents of spheredev.org/~rhuan/vars.js.zip

replace startup/sounds/Battle with the contents of spheredev.org/~rhuan/Battle.zip

(the second of those two files is still uploading, give it a minute)

edit: File now uploaded.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aha the e is the problem. Ill change it and see what happens.Eleos. I change the e and the file corrupts. Wtfu!

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Thanks randomer ^^

The demo was pretty good from what I played, but lol, I died to a Level 2 Weedle. I think some of your stats are a bit over powered XD Other than that everything seemed pretty smooth.

Waudby

thanks for the explaining. I'm guessing it is Rhuan yes?

So people, is the newer one better or worse?

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • well it's better but ther is this glitch if u go to options you know it says it will be implented it just keeps saying that over and over about 10 times till the game freezes

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    thanks for the explaining. I'm guessing it is Rhuan yes?
    I kinda gave it away, by mentioning that I'm the mac sphere developer. And by using my webspace...

Last edited:

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I'm still kinda annoyed that you didn't let me check over your demo before releasing it, especially considering how many bugs people are finding...

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    If you get the not loading a sound file error

Inside the game's folder (called startup in waudby's download) open the folder called sounds, in there open the folder called battle and change "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3" then, go back into the game's folder, open the folder called scripts, open the file called Vars.js with a text editor, look for "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" and change it to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3".

If you're on a mac

As well as waudby's game download, also get: spheredev.org/~rhuan/sphere.zip and spheredev.org/~rhuan/frameworks.zip

Put the contents of frameworks.zip in ~/library/frameworks, drop the game folder (startup) from waudby's download into the folder produced by opening sphere.zip, then run SphereEngine.app, if it doesn't work, you may need to run Config.app first and select a video driver, I recommend sdl_gl it's faster than sdl32. You may also get the music file error mentioned above, if so, follow the fix I give above.

(I'm the mac sphere developer BTW, so if you have any mac sphere related problems, ask me)

I did what you said for if I used a Mac, and then I clicked Sphere Engine.app and it began to load, it showed up on the dock and then disappeared. So I tried Config.app and it did the same thing. Any idea?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I did what you said for if I used a Mac, and then I clicked Sphere Engine.app and it began to load, it showed up on the dock and then disappeared. So I tried Config.app and it did the same thing. Any idea?
    Sounds to me like you forgot the frameworks. the file frameworks.zip should expand to give a folder, you have to put the contents of that folder in ~/library/frameworks (where ~ is your home folder)

If you don't do that they will just quit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    Well now its working, but It won't pick up the game. I downloaded it, put it into the folder created by sphere.zip, but all that was in the game folder was another folder with Release and a couple .exe files, and it won't pick up the game.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Well now its working, but It won't pick up the game. I downloaded it, put it into the folder created by sphere.zip, but all that was in the game folder was another folder with Release and a couple .exe files, and it won't pick up the game.
    Oops, waudby's first release had the game in the startup folder, he's shifted it to the normal location, games, copy the games folder in it's entirety to the folder made by sphere.zip.

Just for reference, sphere will load whatever is in startup if there is no games folder, or it's empty, or if it has multiple games in it, if games just has one game in it, sphere will load that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    When I downloaded the second version there was only the Release folder. No start up or game folders present.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    When I downloaded the second version there was only the Release folder. No start up or game folders present.
    Inside release there's a folder called startup. The other stuff in release is the windows version of sphere. So, from what I said above, either put that startup in the folder with the mac version of sphere, or stick it in a folder called games and then put games in the sphere folder.

(regarding my previous post, as rikabryne had said that there was no startup folder, I assumed the game would have to be in the games folder, I should always check before typing...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    Hm... I didn't get another folder within Release, and when I tried to download it again I got an error saying there was an error while expanding.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Hm... I didn't get another folder within Release, and when I tried to download it again I got an error saying there was an error while expanding.
    edit maybe not, just tried to upload it twice, I give up...

If you're still trying to run this on a mac, assuming you've installed the frameworks, and downloaded my mac version of sphere from above, open waudby's release, a folder called release, it contains among other things a folder called startup, drop that into the sphere mac folder, then run sphereengine.app if it throws an error, run config.app and play with the video driver settings then run sphereengine.app again.

If you're getting video errors on windows run config.exe and in video settings turn off fullscreen mode. Waudby uses a weird screen resolution, and so most computers will not support full screen mode.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back