• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

nintendo>pokemon>D/P

Look in there.

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
    Years
  • Looks good hope it turn out like a REAL Pokemon game...

Ya know what I mean...not a mix of Pokémon and Final Fantasy...
    Even though that is only possible through the RPGMaker programs...which thankfully your not using...

By the way did you figure out the scripts your self or did you use tutorials???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    None of the newer RPG Maker Pokémon games have an FF-like battle system...

Look at mine, for example. It's a RPG Maker game, but with a full Pokémon battle system... You should get up to date :P

And I doubt someone could learn a programming language without any help - even experts need to look at guides sometimes!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well, I must say this game has the best visual effects among all the fan games on Pokecommunity. I like the D/P style graphics and it's significant for your game's growing popularity. I'm not quite familiar with the plot yet but I'm sure it ought to be excellent as well. Just keep it up and you'll make it the best fan game on PC sooner or later.

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
    Years
  • @ Wichu

SOrry i forgot about the XP Pokemon Games...
    I really can't play those i only have Win98...>.<
    I know dumb huh?
    @Waudby
    Well from what I've played its good...
    I am just wondering why no title screen or music in menu area????
    And are you letting people use Pokémon Odyssey as an engine to start theirs of course if they give you credit...

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    @ Wichu

SOrry i forgot about the XP Pokemon Games...
    I really can't play those i only have Win98...>.<
    I know dumb huh?
    @Waudby
    Well from what I've played its good...
    I am just wondering why no title screen or music in menu area????
    And are you letting people use Pokémon Odyssey as an engine to start theirs of course if they give you credit...
    I can't answer the other questions, but the title screen and intro movie is not yet finished, and so was disabled in the demo.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    Wow!
    Cool game man.
    Did you make all those scripts and such things by yourself?!

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Wow!
    Cool game man.
    Did you make all those scripts and such things by yourself?!
    I helped waudby with a lot of the scripts. He got a tile movement script from someone else as well (default movement in sphere is by pixel not tile, if you want tile movement you have to script it, not hard to do though)

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    @ randomer

Thanks but how long did it take for you to learn the sphere game editor's language???
    And are there any tut's worth looking at seeing as you're the main scripter here...
    just thought i'd ask
    Just to clarify, Waudby did a lot of his scripts himself, I just helped with bits he found tricky (like the battlesystem), and sorted out errors he'd made in a few cases.

I learnt enough to feel confident enough with sphere to start on my first sphere game in about two weeks, though my skill grew a lot while working on that game. (Don't ask for the game I gave up on it because I'd let it get too complicated, and I'd decided that the only way to do the game idea justice now was for it to be fully 3d, which would be very hard to do in sphere, I also needed more graphical support)

Anyway, I learnt mainly from this tutorial (I couldn't find it on the web anymore, so I've uploaded it in my webspace): www.spheredev.org/~rhuan/WT_tutorial.doc

It's not perfect, for instance, at one point it suggests writing:

" " + "hello"

Which will have an identical result to:
    " hello"

It's aimed at people with no prior scripting/coding experience of any kind, and it was never finished, but it should sort the basics out for you I looked at a few other tutorials, but really, after that one I mainly went by experimentation and use of a file that comes with sphere called doc_functions.txt. (which probably won't make much sense to you till you've gone through the tutorial I linked above)

If you want me to help with any specifics, pm me, depending how bored I am, I may write example code for you, do some of you scripting for you, or try and explain in detail how to do want you want to do.

One other point, make sure you have the latest version of sphere, when I started that was 1.10988, now it's 1.5.

Now, lets not de-rail waudby's topic any further.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I haven't looked at the transition code, it was done by waudby :p Remember, it's his game, I'm just an assistant, I help people with their games.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Pokémon: Odyssey

Surprise for everyone!

I have been working hard getting the new battle system graphics sorted out.

I know I quoted this from a while back BUT. Next time you use some of MY CUSTOM work would you mind leaving me credit? I worked really hard on originally producing these HP bars so i would like you to leave me some credit! (And yes, I have compied and pasted the HP bar and compared them in paint, they are excaly the same, right down to the purposley left off end part!)

Proof:
    Spoiler:

(EDIT: And is that MY Platinum text box I see in your other screenshots?)

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Actually, the HP bar for your charcaters Pokémon is my custom and not the offical one. I can show you a picture of the offical HP bar and they are very different. The fact is that he used my custom sprite and then claimed 'I have been working hard getting the new battle system graphics sorted out' when he actually took them from my sheet and then claimed them as his own!

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, to bad he never claimed them. All he said was that he was trying to get them to work. not that they were his. -_-

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • The story is awesome.

One question though (Sorry if this has been answered)

Is the game built on RPGMaker, or on Sphere? If it's made one RPG Maker XP/2k3 i might be able to help in mapping :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back