• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Thanks for the comments and glitches etc, however, as previously stated, the demo is a very early version of the game, a newer version is now in development, with a touch screen being implemented and an overall more reliable system.

This has put back development times, but it will give an far better game in the long run.

I can safely say,. i'm very pleased with the results so far :D

Waudby

Update:

Ellipse Menu:

I now have a very basic, yet working, ellipse menu system.

I'm still working on the graphical side of things, so if you have an ideas that will make it look realllly good, then suggest some :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Maybe have a circle frame with a transparent background (around 25-35%) and have a whole in the center so the hero is still fully visible. I think that would look cool.

Waudby

It looks pretty nice. But it looks very similar to mine :S

Only in the sense that it's a ring/ellipse menu.

The icons are the standard D/P/P menu icons. I'll be finishing this off the next time i get chance to work on the graphical side of things.

Waudby

I'm glad to say that I have a special surprise in the mix!

You will (hopefully) all be amazed by this, it's not a brand new concept for a fan made Pokémon however i believe only one game so far has tried and succeeded.

This is where I come in, not only have I attempted to implement this feature, I've got it working brilliantly, and also to a level where it gives me a huge amount of flexibility with the NPC's and characters of the game.

I'd like people to try and guess what this is :P

I will post screenshots at the weekend if nobody has guessed by then :D

Atomic Reactor

Is it like in protectors, where the NPC's go home or do something at a certain time?

Waudby

There's a few newer features that I really wanna show off, however i'm holding back for a little while so that when i show them off they are more impressive.

But i will speak of one of them.

The new yes or no screen, it features a touch screen system and will be a fairly important part of the new game.

Atomic Reactor

well.. which fan game has succeeded in whatever your talking about?

that sounds pretty cool btw :)

Waudby

i don't want to give too much away, there's a good possibility that I will have a few screenshots tomorrow.
    They will show off the feature slightly. The feature will play a huge part in the game and you will find yourself happy with the outcome.

I'm also looking for spriters to help with some new character sprites and clothing.

Waudby

Update:

Quests and Log Book:

I've spent a lot of today working on getting the new Quest and Logbook system set up.
    Some of this time was also getting it to merge into my Storyline system. This is now finished to a very workable state, so I bring to you the Log book and Quests screens...

^ The new Log Book icon for the menu system.

^ The quest details screen inside the log book.

Alignment and Reputation System:

Now if you looked at the images above, inside the quest details you would've seen two things new.

Alignment and Reputation.

I have promised these from the start but never got round to doing them. But because I started most things from scratch it gave me the chance to implement these smoothly into the game.

As you can see, the same person will be friendly or rude based around your alignment. It will eventually be based around your reputation as well, so you will get a big mix of text from just one character.

This has increased the game script by around 4 times the size of before. There are different lines for;

1. Being good and unknown.
    2. Being good and well known.
    3. Being bad and unknown.
    4. Being bad and well known.

If you aren't very well known, your bad actions will not have as big effect on your alignment as if you were very famous.

You will get good quests and bad quests, the example above is obviously a quests with negative rewards.

Certain quests will only be available if you are famous enough and people trust your name.

This also shows off the next touch screen yes and no menu.

Please post comments and critisms.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    very nice update . this defently gives a slightly diffrent gameplay to peaople playing it and also replay value.

Waudby

@Neo: The way it will work is actually quite simple in Sphere, so hopefully I wont mess up on it :P
    It's one of the most complex systems that I've had to write. But now that it's set up it's quite easy to use.

It's only one line to create a new Quest, and then a few lines to add it to the storyline, and then it's finished.

So hopefully it'll make the game more unique.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • wowzas, nice update.

the log book is an awesome addition. i have a bad habit of getting distracted in the middle of games, and not getting back to them for a few days... which usually ends up with me spending a half an hour trying to figure out what to do. =P

the reputation/alignment makes everything a lot more interesting, and definitely adds a lot more replay value.

best of luck, and keep up the good work! this is going to be a wonderful game. ^^
    *goes back to lurking*

Atomic Reactor

i like the yes/no screen aswell XD

just one thing, maybe the icons for the menu should have like a ... backround icon behind them or something? eh idk... do you know what i mean?

Waudby

i like the yes/no screen aswell XD

just one thing, maybe the icons for the menu should have like a ... backround icon behind them or something? eh idk... do you know what i mean?

I'm working on creating a background for it but don't really know what would look really good with it.

how about just a simple square or circle background?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back