• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Where's Prof. Fur? He's meant to be in the Library, but I can't find him anywhere!

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2010
Yes, they were black and white, but those versions were supposed to be compatable with old Gamboys too. You know, the ones the size of bricks. I used to be able to play them in a gamboy color, but it was still a funny yellow color. Good games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
To get to Professor Fur, you must...

Click Show to See. Warning - contains spoilers!
Spoiler:

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
Years
This is looking great, I follow you on Youtube and I heard you say you were starting this all over again. I hope you keep the pokemon sprites, and the maps, they look great. Anyway, good luck in completing it :D

ShinyZangoose

HarshViper's hackin!(It's me.)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
Gosh, foullump, I have watched you'r scripting lessons in many months, and it have helped alot in my hacks, and when I play this game, I just get ALOT more inspiration!

Two words to you man: YOU RULE!

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hey Foul! I saw your announcement a few days ago. I hope you get to finish quickly. I'm a big fan of yours and I hope you have a great new game.

PS.
Can you do other tutorials like changing tiles and stuff like that? It would really expand your audience.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
Pokémon Old White

Good thread though see what you mean by too much white, a little boring really from an aerial point of view but looks very lively at street level. Nice beach too

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
i love this game, i wish hed continue T_T

can someone give me a link to the "new" white? i cant seem to find it :(
PM, or VM me with it,please& thanx!

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
i love this game, i wish hed continue T_T

can someone give me a link to the "new" white? i cant seem to find it :(
PM, or VM me with it,please& thanx!

Same here. I think it hasn't been publicly... publicized yet. I dont think he has a thread or anything up for it, but I don't know much, so...

Anyway, I played this hack, as well, and was tremendously disappointed about the fact that it ended so shortly. I was so into the game, actually training my pokemon to high levels. I think the hack was generally amazing, except for one fact. This is just my preference, but I think that the routes were too big and humongous... I mean, I can understand wanting to have it more actual and realistic by increasing the size, but those maps were honestly confusing.

I remember trying to train my Charmander just below Sol City (where I had already came from), where all the odd double-edging bugs are. I decided to venture a bit further, and ended up getting lost. So I tried getting back, and ended up going in a circle. I was stuck in a rut for about 10 minutes. Maybe i'm just stupid, but those maps... Big Space + Confusing Winding Ways = Me Screwed.

Other than that small opinionated rant, I think that the tiles, the story, the general game itself was very well put-together. I liked how you started off at the academy, and the big Starter selection, and the rivals, and the fact that rain appears every time your rival does.. Everything was so well-done! It'd be a shame if New White strayed far from this one..

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Same here. I think it hasn't been publicly... publicized yet. I dont think he has a thread or anything up for it, but I don't know much, so...

Anyway, I played this hack, as well, and was tremendously disappointed about the fact that it ended so shortly. I was so into the game, actually training my pokemon to high levels. I think the hack was generally amazing, except for one fact. This is just my preference, but I think that the routes were too big and humongous... I mean, I can understand wanting to have it more actual and realistic by increasing the size, but those maps were honestly confusing.

I remember trying to train my Charmander just below Sol City (where I had already came from), where all the odd double-edging bugs are. I decided to venture a bit further, and ended up getting lost. So I tried getting back, and ended up going in a circle. I was stuck in a rut for about 10 minutes. Maybe i'm just stupid, but those maps... Big Space + Confusing Winding Ways = Me Screwed.

Other than that small opinionated rant, I think that the tiles, the story, the general game itself was very well put-together. I liked how you started off at the academy, and the big Starter selection, and the rivals, and the fact that rain appears every time your rival does.. Everything was so well-done! It'd be a shame if New White strayed far from this one..

same thing happened to me XD

i tried to go into the Advance maps just to see if i could look at the maps to figure out how to get threw, but he made it so you cant, which made me find sad :(

but i love the new attack: ignite
i thought cyndaquil with recover fire style was badass XD

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
My team at Beta end:

Star (20) | Roosevelt (20) | Bess (18) | Crush (18) | Nikolai (21) | Monty (21)

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Shame your not continuing this version. I hope you keep the whole academy idea. The story was very engaging and everything was balanced well. Pikachu having Volt Tackle was interesting, but it meant I could just blitz opponents with ease. I like the addition of Gen IV moves such as Aqua Jet but found it strange that you made Tail Whip a damaging move. In Japanese you see it is called Tail Wag and that is why it's non-damaging. I found the graphics to be a bit colourless, hopefully New White will be more colourful. The final thing I'd like to ask is: where are all the gyms? You do a gym tutorial and Oak blabbers on about 4 different regions and their gyms but you don't end up in any of them.

Overall the game was brilliant. I just hope New White will have a thread soon and will be just as enjoyable.

Back