• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Olivine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years

• ☼Introduction☼

This is a game that was started about a week or two ago. |Maximus| got the project up and running, so that I could continue it. Thanks ^_^

☼Plot/Storyline[WIP]☼

One night, you awake from a deep sleep. You cannot remember any dreams, or anything before that night. When you wake up, you are in the middle of a [forest]. You are looking around and observing your surroundings, as 3 Pokemon emerge from their habitats. You realize that you have no Pokeballs containing Pokemon with you at the moment. You head over to the Pokemon you like, and it really feels close to you. You decide to keep it as your own, while the other two Pokemon flee. You walk a little more south and you appear in front of a tall, old, mystical-looking tree. You take a step closer when a mystical green Pokemon emerges from behind the tree. It spins around freely and it slowly fades into the air. You are confused, and walk to a slightly large cave.

☼Screenshots☼

☼Team Members☼

Founder - Me
    Tiler - incognito322

☼Progress☼

☼Credits☼

Alistair - Certain Tiles
    Dew - Certain Tiles
    Poccil - Starter Kit

Last edited:

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Visually the game looks nice, from what I can see in those screenshots. I would like a little more of a storyline, though. It seems... I don't know. It's definitely original, but where does the game go from there? Is it a typical get all 8 badges and beat the Pokemon League game or is it more of a survival of the fittest thing? I am curious as to what your game has to offer.

Cilerba

Years
  • Well, I haven't been really working on the storyline so much. I am still working on it.

If you want to help me with the storyline please PM me.

incognito322

Years
  • @ Okami Chi: Lmao I'm a guy. I just like grammar alot and mah favorite GSC Gym Leader is Jasmine. I know it's off topic but I love her new look in HGSS. Lol anyways...Are you trying for a traditional Pokemon story or something with a bit of originality? I could help either way...

Cilerba

Years
  • @ Okami Chi: Lmao I'm a guy. I just like grammar alot and mah favorite GSC Gym Leader is Jasmine. I know it's off topic but I love her new look in HGSS. Lol anyways...Are you trying for a traditional Pokemon story or something with a bit of originality? I could help either way...

Something more with a bit of original, but still keeping a little bit of the tradition Pokemon way; such as having badges, fighting trainers+wild Pokemon, etc.

incognito322

Years
  • Then the fantasy-ish beginning may not be for you. How about.... maybe you could begin with a generic pokemon such as Eevee or Pikachu, and like the Special Yellow Edition (I know that's not the exact name :P) you could make the "starters" avalible at various points throughout the region. That in itself I haven't seen in these forums, as far as I've looked.

Cilerba

Years
  • Then the fantasy-ish beginning may not be for you. How about.... maybe you could begin with a generic pokemon such as Eevee or Pikachu, and like the Special Yellow Edition (I know that's not the exact name :P) you could make the "starters" avalible at various points throughout the region. That in itself I haven't seen in these forums, as far as I've looked.

What do you mean it may not be the beginning for me?

Do you have MSN, or AIM?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • I don't know if the fantasy-esque beginning of waking up and not remembering anything recent is the ideal way to start the "Get-the-badges" quest, but I think you could pull it off if your writing skills are close to your mapping skills. Best of luck to you!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • The amnesia plotline is somewhat overused but hopefully you have much more in store. Your mapping looks great and you've made good use of Alistair's tyles (they rock don't they!).

Good luck.

~The Cynic~

Cilerba

Years
  • Thanks for all of the support everybody!

Mini update!

First off, I am revealing one of the first Pokemon you encounter in the game:

It's name is Cilerba (My username ^_^)

Also, I have the first Gym Leader you face. She specializes in Bug-Type Pokemon.
    The sprite is a work in progress.

Her name is Erbalina
    This Gym Leader has (so far)

Cilerba Lv8
    Budew Lv9

Also, check my deviantART for more sprites.

incognito322

Years
  • ...well, in reply to your question, you said you wanted an original beginning, but keep most of the game mechanics. The amnesia plot, then, doesn't really fit well into the storyline, but if you can pull it off I give you props. I'm saying that unless your game is going off the deep end in terms of an ingenious plot, for now, stick to a more generic outset, and then embellish it later. Your Grass Pokemon looks pretty good, though you might want to work on the spriter of Erbalina a bit more. Try and fix the area where her legs meet what was once the bottom part of Misty's swimsuit. Oh, lol neither. I'm not online enough to instant message, :P.

Cilerba

Years
  • Thanks for the support; I will work on the Erbalina Sprite.

I have done some quick graphic altering.

One teaser screen ^_^

I know the mapping isn't the greatest, I wipped it up pretty quick.
    Also, I am not sure if you can see it, but I FINALLY got Character shadows!

incognito322

Years
  • Mmm... lol add me to the team! Just kidding. Take your time. Btw, I have better tiled HGSS trees, so I'll get them for you. As for the house, well, no comment, really. It was ripped and tiled well, but as for appearance? I can't say much; it's the original tile. But if you were to go for something more original I could criticize. Is that a placeholder house you got there?

incognito322

Years
  • I don't think so. Olivine City itself was named after either Olive + Vine or reference to the Mineral Badge with the gemstone Olivine. In this case, the game is most likely the latter, considering Olivine is often of a dull or pale, olive green color.

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Your graphics are good but I dont see any indoor screenshots or battle screenshots just a thought. Your story needs some work I wish you good luck! If you need help with anything just PM me I've been working with RMXP since 2005.

incognito322

Years
  • @ Iarama: are you a scripter? Because I was thinking of something that could help this game, as well as my own, stand out, since I'm the tiler for both.

Cilerba

Years
  • Alright guys, sorry for not having any indoor tiles or battle screenshots. I am still working on the outdoor maps.

Here are two screenshots to keep you guys updated on the work so far.

Move your mouse over the screenshots to get a brief explanation.
    [Credit to XENOTIME for the idea]

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • No, sorry I'm not a scripter the minumum of scripting that I can do is doing minor edits to existing scripts. A good battle system that matches the tile theme would be good and with a Dual Screen System even better(just a thought.) I heard that coolninjaguy is working on a public one. If you need any help feel free to PM me about anything BUT scratch spriting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back