• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ominous Sky <Revived>

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Well, lookit me. I'm back, and so is my Ominous Sky hack. Started from scratch to showcase the storyline I got going in pristine form.

Storyline

The weather on the Hihigh Peak has suddenly gone topsy turvy! Your mother, infuriated that her garden suddenly went wild and lost her the Best Yard Award, sends you out to discover the cause. As you venture out, you find that not only is the crazy weather patterns happening all over the world, but that a massive skyscraper has been built into the Hihigh Peak. Could the two sudden incidents be related? There's only one way to find out!

Features

• Completely new storyline! Take your Castform and explore the dark tower to discover the mystery of the odd weather!
    • Indoor overworld that gives you access to the far corners of the world where the weather has been behaving oddly.
    • A wide world with plenty of Pokémon to catch! Each region has unique sets of wild Pokémon and trainer types!
    • No overly done or horrible-looking fake Pokémon! Many Pokémon will receive balancing edits and new move sets, however.

Screenshots
    Storyline
    Spoiler:

Lightfall City
    Spoiler:

Hihigh Peak
    Spoiler:

Help Wanted
    Shadow does not need the following: Map editors, writers, trainer editors, or the like.
    What Shadow does need is anyone who can edit/create sprites and tiles.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
    Haraken said:
    CAN I B A MAP EDITOR PLZ PLZ PLZ

I CAN MAKE MAPS LIKE DIS

Pokémon Ominous Sky <Revived>
    I laughed at that one.

Anyway, I see you've got an interesting storyline, and I haven't seen any Castforms as starters yet.
    I'm really looking forward to how this hack will develop.
    Spriting shouldn't be that hard, and there are a lot of people whom you can hire.

Anyway, good luck with the hack! Hoping to see more! :)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I laughed at that one.

Anyway, I see you've got an interesting storyline, and I haven't seen any Castforms as starters yet.
    I'm really looking forward to how this hack will develop.
    Spriting shouldn't be that hard, and there are a lot of people whom you can hire.

Anyway, good luck with the hack! Hoping to see more! :)

Thanks for the comments!

I think I wanted to have Castform evolve in the original. Like, something in sense of Burmy. But since I doubt that could ever get working, ever , I was going to do it via elemental stones. But now I'm calling off the stupid Fakémon, at least for the moment. Ah, rambling!

And now for more of it! I was sitting there, after having messed around with the ROM a bit to test its limits (*Cough!*), and thought to myself. "Hey, I'm really tired of every Pokémon game, hack, fan-fiction, anime, manga, and what-have-you starting in a small, dinky, out-of-the-way town." And thus, I changed Lightfall Town to Lightfall City!

Yes, for once, you start in a bustling city! A large city, divided into the suburbs (where your home is located), downtown, and the uptown. Today's update shows the revampled Lightfall City in all it's glory.

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    ( According to the Progressing Hacks rules, consecutive posts are allowed for the author of a thread, so here goes. Since no one has replied and it's been several days with plenty of updates. )

First! Plenty of new screenshots! Your mom pulls you out of her basement and forces you to go do a task for her. Something simple, like going to talk to an old friend, right? How could things ever be so simple, though? Especially with all the changing weather. Lightfall City has also been populated! Plenty of interesting people to run into (or have run into you), all making the place seem more like the bustling city it is supposed to be.

Not pictured here, yet, but the next leg of the storyline is unfolding! A massive lake has dried up, as are all the nearby rivers! And it won't stop raining! Even with all the rain, the lake won't return to normal, odd.

Some teaser screenshots: Peaceful Retnec Town, a not-so-peaceful lake, and a disastrous storm that came out of nowhere!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    A day of furious scripting later and there's plenty of people to talk to all about and trainers to battle on your way. I figured I'd give a small update since at least one person has shown interest now (and I need to waste a few minutes before dinner).

Some more sample screenshots from the latest version! A (possibly) injured Cubone! A hiker and his Pokémon! The Lightfall MegaMart! And ...shorts?! Oh dear, please don't tell me that's going to be a running gag.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I guess i'll join

Postion: Overworld inserter or Sprite inserter

Proof of work: Pic below i'm also the co owner of pokemon deep sea
    Do you make your own spriters/overworld tiles? Or simply can insert pre-made ones?

I checked out the Deepsea thread and saw the new overworld tiles there. Did you make those?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I'll get in touch with you if I get any sprites or tiles actually made, then.

Another small update, too! Some snapshots of your rival! This is your first actual encounter with said rival, which takes place in Retnec Town (amongst the messy temporarily laboratory set up at Hihigh's base). Though the sprite is a placeholder, of course. And I bet no one will be able to figure out who Shadow named his rival after. Nope.

Back