• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange FLame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Oh sorry it looks like i forgot a big bug. Here i fixed it just download again. I'll edit it in the first post too.

*edit yeah i forgot to mention i didn't edit the gym badges yet. And that thing with Pikachu shouldn't happen. Didn't happen to me and it's on lv 19, strange or maybe you didn't use a Fire Red (U) rom, anyway
    in this one i added some more pokemon to catch and such but no new maps.

Last edited:

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    cool hack u have there! i played it it's really cool. keep it up. btw if u started this project u could have been a nominee for the hack of the year. please let this be a hack that gets through! A job well done so far. :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I finished the beta (the one with the big bug, even though I really dont know what the big bug was, possessing another sprite's soul?, I always say that happens because of some sprite given the attribute "look down" in AdvMap, I dont know about EMap, "noMovement" is better in that case). But, anyway, the beta was really good. Yes, there are a few times when the curve of levels goes a bit wild. And that Blastoise is super tough, but with a few Double Teams it goes down easily.
    Mapping is your strongest point, just be careful when you do the movement permissions (I could reach the river from the north-west).

Overall, a good work, I really like the "new look" of the pokes (Pidgey being my favourite), and the warping script was ok. We'll see what the future has for Orange Flame...

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    yah, it's overall a decent hack. you didn't focus much on the dialogue but not much people care for all that anyway.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    I play the hack and there are a couple a bug reports that is bothering me.

Pokémon Orange FLame.

I believe that perfect spelling counts in every hack.

Pokémon Orange FLame.

Although it is a demo/beta version of the hack but the Waterfall tiles needs to be in shape.

*Redownloads beta*

I've never expected you updated the bugfix after you got the first badge. I've never reached the 1st gym yet.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    Played the whole game and it's good so far. But I really hate "SPACES" in trainer's names in Pokemon battles.

Best of luck for new updates real soon.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    @insectduel: I'll make sure to fix the texting and that Waterfall later.

@seto9008: Can you do advanced sripts?

Anyway thanks every1. While my internet was down i didn't had anything to do so i was working on this. Might post some screenshots later.

Blackandy

Rock On!
    Years
    Great beta, loved every minute of it:) I just found a text error and a bug

Pokémon Orange FLame.

The text should be: ''Am I right?''

Pokémon Orange FLame.

The character should be turned the other way

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Thanks for letting me know about that Black@ndy. If you guys find anymore bugs please post and let me know so i can fix them for the next beta.

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
    hi love the idea but i found a bug

Hi i was playing this and i love the idea but there is a bug:

If you don't visit a Pokemon Center Before you lose (to a wild pokemon at least) you go back to the boat.
    BUT, you on the wall in the hallway, stuck and cannot move.

Sorry if you already know this bug.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hi i was playing this and i love the idea but there is a bug:

If you don't visit a Pokemon Center Before you lose (to a wild pokemon at least) you go back to the boat.
    BUT, you on the wall in the hallway, stuck and cannot move.

Sorry if you already know this bug.

Does this mean Sasuke used the map with hero's mom to make the boat's hallway? (that's where the player automatically goes when he's defeated). That's not wise and cool. Well, but this happens only when you're defeated, and... we don't like to lose, right?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Yeah i did do that. Don't worry tho i'll fix it in the next one. Anyway here some more screen shots:

Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Thanks, well today all i did was some spritting so here's what i've done:

Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.

Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.