• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Orange Islands Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
  • I really doubt it'd ever be made. But driving home today, I thought of an idea (That will probably never be put into creation).

Basicly, the Orange Islands Gym's had different styles of competeting. Shooting targets with water Pokémon, surfing, team work, etc. What if this could all be made into a game exclusively for the Nintendo DS? Using the touch-screen to do all these Gym Battles. I don't know how it'd work, the game in general with leveling up and catching Pokémon, but it just seemed quite a good and different idea to me.

For example, where Ash used Squirtle against the Sea to shoot the targets in his first Orange Island Gym Battle, you could use the touch-screen to shoot them targets. It would mould in well with the way you used the touch-screen to capture Pokémon in Pokémon Ranger. It wont happen, I assure you. But I did like the idea.

Discuss.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Nice idea, i suggest having a singing mini-game with Jigglypuff and hitting the high notes using the microphone on the DS.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Yeah, instead of battles you have these mini games!
    It ain't a bad idea really! Its hella good XD

Or it can be for the Wii!
    Melee! Pokemon Scramble! is something like this concept ain't it?

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Well I haven't played or even read about the new Wii Pokémon game, so you'd have to tell me there :P Just seemed like a good idea and I had to share it.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I'd love being able to travel around the Orange Islands :> It seems like it would be more of a Coordinator game than a Trainer game, which could be just what that branch needs. Truthfully, I only contested for that Hey-I-got-a-Master-rank! star on my card. :< I can see a Coordinator moreso than a Trainer ordering their Pokemon to aim for a frisbee with Water Gun. The unique battling style of the Orange Island Gym Leaders, in my view, could be altered to provide a more... "contest-y" feel. 8D Personally, I liked the new approach to Pokemon that the Pokemon Ranger series brought, so if they turned the Orange Islands into some sort of giant Coordinator-land... that'd be interesting to see. :D Levelling up wouldn't necessarily have to play into it; the challenges would just get harder. Not the best solution, though... Other people would challenge you to duels of skill or beauty or something... I dunno. :<

But that's just my opinion. It could also definitely be an interesting new region for Trainers (or Rangers, I guess). owo;

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    They should create Orange Island minigames to add on to a Pokemon game, downloadable through the DSi Wifi Shop thing. That would be interesting I think.

Years
  • This sounds like a great idea. It would be more interactive than the current games. It resembles Pokemon Ranger. If made for the DS, the touch screen would help and be useful. It does seem like a contest in the current games. I doubt that the entire game based on the Orange Islands would be long enough because there are only 5 Orange League gym leaders. They could try to incorporate it in a new game like how Johto and Kanto were accessible in Gold/Silver. It would probably be more fun to be able to play this sort of game on Wii to make it more interactive instead of just a touch screen.

The pokemon creators made Pokemon Yellow to mimic the anime. Maybe they would make Pokemon Orange to mimic the anime once again, but the Orange League has been over for a while. It would be interesting to have an Orange League-type battle, and it's possible that the creators might incorporate Orange League-type battling because they've gradually added more features to battling. For example, double battle gym leaders were introduced in Hoenn, so it isn't completely impossible for there to be an Orange League-type change to battles. Maybe you could recommend this game to Nintendo?

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • As for as catching pokemon there goes why not have it as an add on? you can upload your teams for the wii or d/p/p and have them challenge the orange gyms. Also have various mini battles and other mini games on the other islands as there are many islands in that area. Another thing could be exclusive pokemon for that game like the pink pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2013
    stater

if the Orange islands had a game it should give u the chosse for your starter are lapris, bellsprout, growleth, and eevee

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    Hitokage2 said:
    Maybe you could recommend this game to Nintendo?
    Nope, that probaly wont help. Since Game Freak makes the main series Pokémon games that is who you should try to contact, or HAL Laboratory, Inc. who makes the Pokémon Ranger series.
    Game Freak game director Junichi Masuda and Game Freak art director and Pokémon designer Ken Sugimori both have Twitter, but I't doesn't matter since I sent them this tweet last November and never heard a word:

"Could you please do a Pokémon game with the Orange Islands? For years I've wanted to play a game with the forgotten region."

BZuma said:
    this is a fantasic idea maybe you should try and tell nintendo with lucky you could be rich:P

This is from pokemon.com's support --> Frequently Asked Questions --> General Information:

How can I submit my ideas or suggestions to Pokémon?
    Submission Policy THE POKÉMON COMPANY INTERNATIONAL (TPCi) appreciates hearing from customers and product users. We welcome comments regarding TPCi's products and services. However, as a company policy, TPCi and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including product proposals, ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, innovative or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, suggestions or other works. TPCi wishes to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes to people who may believe TPCi's products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas they have submitted to TPCi. Therefore, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to TPCi or anyone associated with TPCi, even if you believe that someone from TPCi has solicited you to do so. If you send TPCi your ideas despite our policy, then the following Terms of Idea Submission shall apply to your idea submission:
    Terms of Idea Submission By sending TPCi any information, material, or ideas of any sort (your "Material") you grant TPCi an unrestricted, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the Material, and you also agree that TPCi is free to use all Material that you send us for any purpose. You agree that:
    1) The Material will automatically become the property of TPCi, without any compensation to you, and you agree to refrain forever from enforcing any moral or other inalienable rights against TPCi for any activity that TPCi may undertake using the Material;
    2) TPCi can use the Material for any purpose and in any way, even give it to others;
    3) TPCi will have no obligation to return the Material to you or respond to you in any way; and
    4) TPCi will have no obligation to keep the Material confidential or to credit you for any use of the Material.
    I bet Game Freak, HAL Laboratory, Inc and Nintendo would all have similar contracts so on the slim chance that they decide to make the game you'd probably get nothing, not even credits. :(

RicanPKMN87 said:
    not a bad idea but it will be kind of short, like a time killer

I think it will take some time to explore 34 islands (click link for big official map from the book "Extreme Pokémon"). Here's another official Orange Islands map. It's a part of an official anime map of all regions, that came from a Japanese The Rise of Darkrai booklet.

Hitokage2 said:
    I doubt that the entire game based on the Orange Islands would be long enough because there are only 5 Orange League gym leaders.

They could add three more gym leaders and four Elite Four. One of the Elite Four should be Lorelei since she lives on Mandarin Island in the anime.

Before somebody says: "The whole game is just gonna be surfing!"

I think that they could do what they did in FireRed and LeafGreen with the Sevii Islands and the S.S. Anne ferry, but with Lapras instead of a ferry. That Lapras would take the player from island to island almost as fast as in FireRed and LeafGreen, when the player has fullfilled the required events, such as beating a Gym or helping somebody etc.

I would like to see a Lapras race mini-game where you can race against both NPCs and your friends.

I made an Orange Islands game thread with a poll about two weeks ago, but it's about an Orange Islands game in the old classic trainer battle style: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281299

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2013
    :(

now that i think about it the seven islands in firered r the orange islands but not as cool :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • slowbro200, this thread is from 2009. Please don't post in old threads. A thread is considered dead after a month of no posting, and this is obviously well over a month's worth of posting.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back