• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Orange (Sandbox Style Hack)

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years

So, me an Vox have these epic friends who love pokemon.
    They both rule and both are very hot o;
    [Not they they need to be hot; we are doing this because we love them.]
    They will be the main character choices! It wins.

Anyway, we decided to make them their own pokemon game by hacking/editing the emulated roms.
    Then we decided to be a bit more experimental. No routes, no set path... you can access almost everything at the beginning.
    Even the gyms are open, but there is not chance of beating them out of level..
    Everything visible on the world map is accessable. And every pokemon (almost) is catchable in wild. And those that arent we are working on a trade system. Pay $10000 for a pokemon trade with a computer of one of its pokemon, and you can always trade back to recieve your pokemon back.

I have the ability/skill to do anything. I just need the understanding of how to do it.
    And so does Vox. We just want random comments that could help. Not looking for people to join.

Progress will be shown here!

If you wish to talk to us directly about this,
    Spoiler:

TO BE CHANGED:

• Map
    • Storyline
    • Characters
    • Gyms
    • Player controlled gym !!
    • Me and Vox and Tom and Lucy [2 people from college] as Elite 4
    • Start with either Scyther, Dratini, Vulpix, Beldum or Pikachu
    PROGRESS:

• 26/01/09: So, done basic map design. So far sprited Mikayla and Vonnie.
    • 30/01/09: Ordion City completed.
    • 01/02/09: Monobi and Vox complete. Started on Yurakei
    • 04/02/09: Kuromi, Tegg and Version Logo completed. Yurakei needs more work and map design in progress.
    • 06/02/09: Given up on Yurakei; need to learn how to do tails... Started on tile design to customize maps.

STORYLINE:

An old gym leader feels something terrible is about to plague the land.
    He calls upon the cities youth to continue the quest for the legendary pokemon!
    Spoiler:

CITIES:
    Ordion City (3.0) [Stating Capital] [W+S+E]
    POKEMON U (3.10)[College/School]
    Windmill City (3.4) [Atop the hill]

CHARACTERS:
    Spoiler:

ITEMS:
    MACHETE: Use cut without having to waste a pokémon's move.

FAKEMON:
    Yurakei: Fire/Dragon Fox
    Garouki: Ice/Dragon Wolf

GYMS
    ORDION: Customizable Gym.
    No chars.
    Gym Leader: Undecided.

UNKNOWN: (GHOST) Graveyard Gym.
    Chars of Zombies, Skeletons + Vampires
    Gym Leader: Count Borris

UNKNOWN: (NORMAL) Bland Gym.
    Chars of generic people.
    Gym Leader: Jim. [Jim's Gym]

UNKNOWN: (FLYING) Windmill Gym
    Chars of children
    Gym Leader: Frill

MAP:

Under Review..

TILE SETS:

Spoiler:

NEED HELP ON:
    Storyline, Ideas, Tools, Tips.

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Heh, Akatsuki meets Pokémon. That should be fun! (Let's see, Deidara gets Baltoy/Claydol, plus Voltorb/Electrode or some other Pokémon that can explode... Orochimaru gets Ekans/Arbok and Seviper... Too bad Naruto himself isn't gonna be in this, it'd just be so easy to hand him a Ninetales and be done with it.)

I'd be glad to provide ideas. What kind of ideas do you need? Do you have a region for this yet, or is it undecided? Based on the title it sounds like it could be the Orange Islands. Or, you could even set it in a full-out Naruto AU, with each Hidden Village representing a town with a gym. I see you've got one town already, though, so maybe you already have a plan.

Anyway, best of luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    You misunderstand... this isnt naruto meets pokemon. Its just random spritage of atsuki as villains. Although thinking about it... that may be a good idea. =/
    Or that may turn out too hard and have them as easter eggs.

Anyway, UPDATE!

^Von^

^Mik^

Sprited =]

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
    Although I liked VON sprite.... for me, MIK seems a little weird. Especially his legs' position. And the hair could have some editing, too. But he overworlds seem great! I would just like to seem them in-game to see if they would really fit, but I don't forsee any problems regarding that.

But the vilains OWs definetly need to be redone. I'm not saying they are BAD, but they don't follow the other OWs' pattern at all. Their bodies are just going to seem out of proportion in game. You might want to keep their appearance, but just adapt them to the other overworlds style.

Keep up with the work! It's never easy, but always satisfying.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    Updated a lot... Added some new chars, and a load of new ideas including map and cities.

Sorry to double post/bump.

Added more updates.

Map Design
    Characters
    Items
    Gyms

Another update:
    Started on custom tile sets.

Last edited:

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    I like where this is going... Very attractive banner and sigbar. Your visuals alone will attract a lot of people.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    Thanks Raibutai! ;D

And machomuu... what? 0/10? =<
    I suppose since it hasnt even started yet i wont complain.

Still working on a mapping system for a completely open map. Its somewhat of a distorted grid atm.
    Need someone to teach us how to map... Scripting i am learning slowly but surely.

Anyone know of a place i may find an empty rom? No real maps, a few default banks, no preset tiles, blanked/named images, etc...
    If not i may make one once this is finished as it would be mucho helpful!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Thanks Raibutai! ;D

And machomuu... what? 0/10? =<
    I suppose since it hasnt even started yet i wont complain.

Still working on a mapping system for a completely open map. Its somewhat of a distorted grid atm.
    Need someone to teach us how to map... Scripting i am learning slowly but surely.

Anyone know of a place i may find an empty rom? No real maps, a few default banks, no preset tiles, blanked/named images, etc...
    If not i may make one once this is finished as it would be mucho helpful!
    Just kidding, that as a compliment, this looks like a pretty good hack.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    You're welcome, monobi. You know, I've never heard of a Pokemon game made as a present for someone else. Even more - it stars your friends. That's pretty cool.

I'm sure whoever you're giving it to as a present will be in for a SURPRISE!

Edit: I see you've added more sprites. Keep it coming!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A tip from me:make a storyline and quick.If you don't,the thread will be closed.Another tip:Change the names.
    Sorry,but now i can't help you with the story,cuz i'm working on another hack that needs a storyline....

Anyway,i hope you succed.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    Thanks guys ;D

A tip from me:make a storyline and quick.If you don't,the thread will be closed.Another tip:Change the names.
    Sorry,but now i can't help you with the story,cuz i'm working on another hack that needs a storyline....

Anyway,i hope you succed.

This is scrapbox. It doesnt need a complete storyline, surely? Its got the general idea. We were going to make it as we went along.
    It would need one and some images before going into progressing hacks.
    This is just a place to keep ideas and maybe advance to progressing hacks.

Names? Of hack? Or the people?
    No pokemon orange seems to exist, i searched the whole site.
    And the people need their names..

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    He doesn't have to change the name, because the only Pokemon Orange that exists is Pokemon Naranja, Naranja is Spanish for orange, but it is Spanish for the orange fruit. This, however, is indicating the color orange.

Thanks guys ;D
    Names? Of hack? Or the people?
    No pokemon orange seems to exist, i searched the whole site.
    And the people need their names..
    You're supposed to google, PC isn't the only site that has a hack section. There are French hacks with sites, German hacks with sites, Japanese hacks with sites, there are a lot, all around the galaxies, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
    He doesn't have to change the name, because the only Pokemon Orange that exists is Pokemon Naranja, Naranja is Spanish for orange, but it is Spanish for the orange fruit. This, however, is indicating the color orange.

You're supposed to google, PC isn't the only site that has a hack section. There are French hacks with sites, German hacks with sites, Japanese hacks with sites, there are a lot, all around the galaxies, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

I can speak Spanish, and Naranja is both for the fruit and the color ;)

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    Ah, Google. I forget..
    Its not very helpful how you cannot describe many things with the orange, nor many things go with it.
    Orange has a significant place amongst the people it is for, so i cannot change the color.

Back