• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Orion Version (Beta 1 Released)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    FOfpo.jpg

Pokémon Orion Version, an Emerald hack

Introduction
    Hey guys, I'm Dark Sneasel, you guys may know me from my other hack Pokémon Fluorite, which I'm taking a break from, but if you don't, here it goes!
    I'm a 14-year old (almost 15!), and I've been hacking since the summer of 2013, but I'd say that I became "good" in the summer of 2014. Anyways, here's my second hack, which at first I thought was just going to be a side hack, but is becoming a lot more! It's a hack of Pokémon Emerald, which is my favorite Pokémon game. It's called Pokémon Orion Version (the story will involve Jirachi. Jirachi is the "Wish Pokémon," people wish upon a star, and well, Orion is a constellation with a cool name.)
    But anyways, into more important things...

Story
    I would like to start off by saying that it is still being worked on, but here are the basics of it!
    One day, in the region of Senra (thanks Tyranitar50 for the name ;) or was it Tcoppy?) a young trainer wakes up, like every other day. After (s)he heads downstairs, and is about to go outside, his/her mom tell him/her that his/her friends are waiting outside, ready to battle him/her, and then heals the player's party. When the player goes outside, his/her friends, Jonathan and Kiara, are waiting for the player to battle, and they do. His/her friends eventually leave, after telling the player that they're gonna go on a quest to beat all the gym leaders in the region, and that the player should too. The player looks around a little in his/her hometown of Greenleaf Town, only to see some scientists having trouble calming down some Zigzagoons, and then the player goes and tells Professor Acacia, the professor of the Senra region, which catches the Zigzagoon, and eventually gives the player and his/her friends a Pokédex and some Pokéballs. The player then goes on a journey, like his/her friends suggested..
    Now, that's just the intro, and what I have so far, but if you want some of dem spoilers, and stuff that is to come, go ahead, and click the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Region
    8zOba.jpg

That is the region of Senra, where Pokémon Orion will take place!
    Thanks redriders180, the creator of the amazing Pokémon Glazed, for the tiles!

Media

DlypD.jpg
    *Most screenshots are not final.

Downloads
    Beta 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7leichtzj84am3o/Beta1.ups?dl=0
    (ends at the end of the second gym)

Credits
    First off, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Tcoppy and Tyranitar50, for they've given me a lot of ideas on this hack, and in general!
    Many thanks to redriders180, and his world map tiles, they look amazing. :)
    Big thanks to Nex for his headbutt tree tile
    I wanna thank the creator of these tools:
    • Advance Map
    • XSE
    • A-trainer
    • NTME
    • Sphere
    • The Ultimate Pallet Converter Tool
    • Irfanview
    And lastly, you guys, for taking time out of your day to take a look at this poorly-made thread.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you quit Fluorite because of this, I swear I'll ... um ... uhhh ... do something!
    :D

Anyway, nice screenies :D

Years
  • Well I wouldn't call the hack "poorly-made" at all. In fact it looks pretty nice. It seems to have good grammer (which is actually pretty huge in my book :P) and it looks like you've thrown in a couple of jokes into the hack. Also I like your world map. It looks clean and not super cluttered with a bunch of towns in one area if you know what I mean. My only question to you is when do we choose our Pokemon? In your story you say we wake up, our mom does what a mom does, and then we go outside and are thrown into a rival battle and I'm confused as to when we actually get our starter.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I'm confuse as well. Hope you put in good and balanced starters. So what good features will you add in your hack? As of now, I rarely see people who hack with R/S/E. Good taste. Well, obviously you'll add more in your post so hope to see more once I look into your hack again and good luck as well! c:

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • So your taking a break on fluorite. well another sweet hack expecting from you. i like Jirachi being a part of the story. this will turn out great, good luck on this :)

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • I have a bit of a bias against good hacker carrying multiple active projects because of LaZ. I will keep this hack in my sights but will remain hesitant.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Well, turns out that there was a hack with that name already, so I went ahead and changed it. Here's the titlescreen in action!

a1QoB.jpg

Thanks Nex, for helping me out with fixing the N!

Now, I'll answer some things here :)

If you quit Fluorite because of this, I swear I'll ... um ... uhhh ... do something!
    :D

Anyway, nice screenies :D

Thank you, thank you :)

Well I wouldn't call the hack "poorly-made" at all. In fact it looks pretty nice. It seems to have good grammer (which is actually pretty huge in my book :P) and it looks like you've thrown in a couple of jokes into the hack. Also I like your world map. It looks clean and not super cluttered with a bunch of towns in one area if you know what I mean. My only question to you is when do we choose our Pokemon? In your story you say we wake up, our mom does what a mom does, and then we go outside and are thrown into a rival battle and I'm confused as to when we actually get our starter.

Well, not to sound like a dick or anything, but I said the thread was poorly made, but thanks, haha.. XD As or the starters, it's explained in the hack, but you were a trainer already, and the Professor had given you Charmander and Treecko (because, tropical Pokémon).

I'm confuse as well. Hope you put in good and balanced starters. So what good features will you add in your hack? As of now, I rarely see people who hack with R/S/E. Good taste. Well, obviously you'll add more in your post so hope to see more once I look into your hack again and good luck as well! c:

Thank you, but as of the features, I'm not too sure yet, I know it's gonna have decapitalization (thanks Le Pug!), PS split, and more things I'll eventually remember, haha.

So your taking a break on fluorite. well another sweet hack expecting from you. i like Jirachi being a part of the story. this will turn out great, good luck on this :)

Thank you :)

I have a bit of a bias against good hacker carrying multiple active projects because of LaZ. I will keep this hack in my sights but will remain hesitant.

I see why you'd be saying that, and I don't blame you.. (Laz is gonna make a comeback, btw)

Now, even though it's in the other thread, I have made some Fluorite progress, (past the fifth gym) but I'm not sure if I wanna release it yet, but if you guys want it, just send me a PM.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • Well, turns out that there was a hack with that name already, so I went ahead and changed it. Here's the titlescreen in action!

a1QoB.jpg

Thanks Nex, for helping me out with fixing the N!

Now, I'll answer some things here :)

Thank you, thank you :)

Well, not to sound like a dick or anything, but I said the thread was poorly made, but thanks, haha.. XD As or the starters, it's explained in the hack, but you were a trainer already, and the Professor had given you Charmander and Treecko (because, tropical Pokémon).

Thank you, but as of the features, I'm not too sure yet, I know it's gonna have decapitalization (thanks Le Pug!), PS split, and more things I'll eventually remember, haha.

Thank you :)

I see why you'd be saying that, and I don't blame you.. (Laz is gonna make a comeback, btw)

Now, even though it's in the other thread, I have made some Fluorite progress, (past the fifth gym) but I'm not sure if I wanna release it yet, but if you guys want it, just send me a PM.

Why not Pokemon Oreo Version? xD

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    So, uh I got this done today.

Treecko won't always show, it'll be the first Pokémon in your party, and the music won't change so suddenly, it will fade. (Also, the aqua logo will be changed)

Years
  • NtbzMNS.png

Shouldn't it be "Off to Forlorn Woods!"? Also sorry about misreading the OP, I was reading it at around 3 A.M. my time and I must have been woozy or something.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    NtbzMNS.png

Shouldn't it be "Off to Forlorn Woods!"? Also sorry about misreading the OP, I was reading it at around 3 A.M. my time and I must have been woozy or something.

Yes, it should be! Thank you, haha..

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey guys, I need a beta tester, since I'm planning on releasing a little alpha soon. Anyone down?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Dunno if you want to take suggestions for the evil team name, but I just want to throw out "Apollo". My reasoning would be the myth of Orion and Artemis. In one version, it was Apollo who schemed to kill Orion, so I thought that this was fitting.

Back