• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • This has the potential to be one of the best hacks... ever! :D From what I've seen so far, it looks amazing! You've even managed to expand the Kanto Dex! :O Keep up the magnificent work!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Dude...I love you.

Seriously though once again you've mangaged to do the unthinkable, that's so freakin sweet man can't wait for it's release.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • I love this hack. I've always liked Johto remakes, and this one takes the cake. I think this hack might even surpass ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal, should it ever (hopefully) get that far. And, since I was bored, I decided to design a Userbar for this to show, not only my support, but to allow more variety if someone wants to choose to support Ore Sole. I hope you like it.

Pokemon-Ore-Sole.png

NatureKeeper

Great job on the ASM.

I really want to see a cutscene like in HeartGold. How about you copy the routine and edit the values from Emerald? Wouldn't it do? Simple. (I think...)

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I just got a great idea to make this hack feel like a real remake. Why Dont you make a custom tree tile in FRLG style. Theres a johto tree somewhere on yhis site. just a thought!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I was wondering when you would get the National Dex and if any Hoenn Pokemon are catchable? ;)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Amazing.
    ASM, I presume?

I am hardly waiting to play it!

Yeah, ASM indeed.

You are truly one of the best hackers ever. I admire your skills.

Anyways, great updates. I can't really wait for more. :D

EDIT: Captured a Celebi already? I love the expanded Dex. :3

Thanks LOL
    I got a Celebi just to show that the Pokédex goes up to 251 now :)

HackMew this is absolutely outstanding...
    It's truly amazing what you are capable of.
    This hack really has potential to be best one ever.

Thanks. Don't forget more is being worked on, so except other amazing things ;)

This has the potential to be one of the best hacks... ever! :D From what I've seen so far, it looks amazing! You've even managed to expand the Kanto Dex! :O Keep up the magnificent work!

Thx, really appreciate.

Dude...I love you.

Seriously though once again you've mangaged to do the unthinkable, that's so freakin sweet man can't wait for it's release.

You know, someone once said that impossible is just harder than the possible :)

I love this hack. I've always liked Johto remakes, and this one takes the cake. I think this hack might even surpass ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal, should it ever (hopefully) get that far. And, since I was bored, I decided to design a Userbar for this to show, not only my support, but to allow more variety if someone wants to choose to support Ore Sole. I hope you like it.

Pokemon-Ore-Sole.png

Well, if you don't mind, I don't really like that userbar, mostly because it has too much HG/SS stuff into it, ruining the whole thing. Thanks for the comment anyway.

Great job on the ASM.

I really want to see a cutscene like in HeartGold. How about you copy the routine and edit the values from Emerald? Wouldn't it do? Simple. (I think...)

Depends what cutscene you're talking about. Either way, it's not like I can simply copy the routine from Emerald; it wouldn't work at best. When I implemented the RTC back in July, I did take the Ruby routines as a base, but I actually had to rewrite (and optimized) them before I could put them into good use.

I just got a great idea to make this hack feel like a real remake. Why Dont you make a custom tree tile in FRLG style. Theres a johto tree somewhere on yhis site. just a thought!

I'm fine with the standard FR/LG trees, to be honest.

I was wondering when you would get the National Dex and if any Hoenn Pokemon are catchable? ;)

Uhm, didn't I say it already? You'll get the National Dex after beating the league. I don't know about Hoenn Pokémon yet, but they will probably be in.

This looks GREAT! I do like the music alot.

Thank you. Anything else you like/dislike? :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The music is awesome ^.^

And the game just sounds so so so aweosme
    I like it

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I'm fine with the standard FR/LG trees, to be honest.
    Yeah, but in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had different looking trees. Since your slogan is, "the perfect G/S remake", I think you should use the standard FR/LG trees for Kanto, and make a custom "pointy" tree for Johto, just like the original G/S/C. In G/S/C, the trees in Johto were tall and pointy looking, while the trees in Kanto were small and round.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The original johto trees were 2 tiles by 1 tile
    the kanto one from fr/lg are 2x2
    I suggest try to use the thin trees
    if your makin in PERFECTLY like g/s/c

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Wow, that's really impressive. I haven't seen anyone as good as you are at ASM hacking, HM. It seems so impressive that it could become even better than Liquid Crystal.

Hm, I actually have an idea for changing the language... maybe instead of having to go into the player's room and changing it via a script, it could be used in the options menu instead.

Is it possible to add something into the options menu, such as changing the language? Because they did that with other games.
    And if that is possible, it could save time having to go into the player's room and changing it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • RSE has wonderful two-tiled trees if you're looking for them, just saying. Actually two tiles, rather than 2.3

This is absolutely epic. Wonderful. Even though I've got HeartGold, I'd go as far as say this is going to be better. One crit though; the Route 29 theme seems to be a bit too fast.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    The music is awesome ^.^

And the game just sounds so so so aweosme
    I like it

Thank you :)

Yeah, but in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had different looking trees. Since your slogan is, "the perfect G/S remake", I think you should use the standard FR/LG trees for Kanto, and make a custom "pointy" tree for Johto, just like the original G/S/C. In G/S/C, the trees in Johto were tall and pointy looking, while the trees in Kanto were small and round.

Yeah, I do know Johto trees are different from the Kanto ones, but I was going to use the stardard FR/LG trees in Johto anyway, because they're "pointy" already. Whenever I will reach Kanto, I will think about slighlty changing the tress to make them smaller and rounder.

The original johto trees were 2 tiles by 1 tile
    the kanto one from fr/lg are 2x2
    I suggest try to use the thin trees
    if your makin in PERFECTLY like g/s/c

It's a remake, not a clone LOL

Wow, that's really impressive. I haven't seen anyone as good as you are at ASM hacking, HM. It seems so impressive that it could become even better than Liquid Crystal.

Hm, I actually have an idea for changing the language... maybe instead of having to go into the player's room and changing it via a script, it could be used in the options menu instead.

Is it possible to add something into the options menu, such as changing the language? Because they did that with other games.
    And if that is possible, it could save time having to go into the player's room and changing it.

Thanks for your comment. As for the language change... you don't have to go into the player's room to change it: Oak will ask you which language do you speak during the intro. Then, if you want, you can always change the language later on. Also, modifying the options is definitely bothersome, especially considering it's not like you would change the language every now and then.

RSE has wonderful two-tiled trees if you're looking for them, just saying. Actually two tiles, rather than 2.3

This is absolutely epic. Wonderful. Even though I've got HeartGold, I'd go as far as say this is going to be better. One crit though; the Route 29 theme seems to be a bit too fast.

Like I said earlier, most of the music will be revised, so even the Route 29 theme should get better.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Thank you :)

Yeah, I do know Johto trees are different from the Kanto ones, but I was going to use the stardard FR/LG trees in Johto anyway, because they're "pointy" already. Whenever I will reach Kanto, I will think about slighlty changing the tress to make them smaller and rounder.

It's a remake, not a clone LOL

Thanks for your comment. As for the language change... you don't have to go into the player's room to change it: Oak will ask you which language do you speak during the intro. Then, if you want, you can always change the language later on. Also, modifying the options is definitely bothersome, especially considering it's not like you would change the language every now and then.

Like I said earlier, most of the music will be revised, so even the Route 29 theme should get better.

I like the route 29 theme
    if your making it better than Woooooohoooooooooo

^.^

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I agree with some that said that you should change things up for johto. I mean I like the FR tiles too, but you should change most of them slightly like gym's trees and maybe the roads. PC and mart's too, and have Kanto keep the original tiles.

That would be awesome, if I had a time machine I'd go ahed in time and download already lol.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Well guys let me just say one thing. HackMew has a vision for this hack. He knows what he wants everything to be like. I'm sure most of you feel the same way about your own hacks. Oro Sole is going to be a Gold Remake according to what he likes. When you look at a painting you appreciate the painting itself not say what you would like it to look like.

Criticism is good but in my opinion not that necessary with this hack MUCH. Like of course one would want to see how people respond but I don't think it is fair to try to get him to change want he wants to do. Not just with the trees but anything about the hack in general. It is his vision, if it changes because of what we want then that vision is tainted. I hope you guys understand what I mean by this little rant :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back