• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pearl hack: Pokémon Pearl: Slotmod

StarstruckFlora

The Dingus
Days
  • Heya everyone!
    I wanted to post this here, since, for the past few months (on and off of course, I have a hard time focusing on things), I have been working on a rom hack for pokémon Pearl (and will later make a version for diamond if needed)
    Essentially, the idea of this rom hack came to me when I found out about the fact that some pokémon got added to the wild if you were to insert a pokémon gba cartridge in your DS while playing the Sinnoh games. (Page about it on Bulbapedia)
    However, I then realized that this only really worked if you already had the national dex, which... yeah I suppose makes sence, but it was honestly quite a bummer, so I thought to myself... how about I make it not national dex?

So here I am, after learning how to make my first ever pokémon Rom Hack!

Things that I have changed:
    -Added the GBA insert pokémon to the main game of Pokémon Pearl, they mostly have the same locations as they would have if someone were to insert their respective GBA game, however, some were changed around a bit as to make them more avaible.
    -Tropius and Tangela were also added in the wild, mostly because in original Diamond and Pearl, those 2 were nowhere to be found.
    -Changed some movesets as to not make some of the pokémon that appear earlier on not too strong compared to others
    -Changed some of the trainers as to make them use the newly avaible pokémon, this is mostly due to Sinnoh's whole thing of making the player see every single pokémon in the sinnoh dex

-Added a couple of events as to help the player complete the Sinnoh pokédex!

Main game:
    -Added a trade in Solaceon which invovles giving a Misdreavus for a Murkrow (this is because Murkrow is exclusive to diamond, with the counterpart of Misdreavus).
    -Added a Team Galactic grunt in Lake Valor which gives you their Stunky after deciding to quit (This is because Stunky is exclusive to pokémon diamond).
    -Once finished with his Tunnel, the Ruin Maniac will now become a Trader for fossils, allowing you to get the Skull fossil in exchange for a Shield one.
    -Added a sidequest involving Sableyes with them having a chance to hold an odd keystone (it wasn't the most fun decision, but it was the only one I could think of to make both Sableye and Spiritomb worthwhile to have).

Post Game:
    -Added the Regis avaible for capture, thus allowing you to fight Regigigas (Regirock is in Maniac Tunnel, Regice in Mt. Coronet and Registeel in Iron Island)
    -Added a Dialga event in Celestic Town.
    -Added a Manaphy Event in Sandgem Town.
    -Added events for Darkrai, Shaymin (which are essentially the same as in the regular game) and a new Team Galactic plot to coincide with Arceus.
    -After beating the game, you will be given your gendered counterpart's starter, and in the fight area, you will be given an egg of your rival's starter

Now, for the reason why I am posting this here is because, it is done? but I kinda... don't trust that I coded everything right, so while I have been testing things myself, I would like it if other people were to test the hack for me!

Essentially, what I am most scared of is the new trainer battles, I am not exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes to pokémon battles, heck, my whole thing is Pokémon breeding and egg moves in all honesty, and therefore I am scared that I made some teams a little... too hard, I wanted to try and make a game which felt as if nothing was hacked in if that makes sense? Like, if Pokémon Pearl had always been this way.

So please, if you think a fight is a bit too hard, or feels too out of place, please, please PLEASE, tell me, and I will see what I can do, this also goes to any bugs you may find.

Now I am aware that Rom Hacks like these, (that I admittedly never really player) do come with documentations and while I do understand I should work on one, I kinda have some trouble with focusing and staright up making one so I thought it'd be more interesting to first post it as a beta to see if anyone would want to test things out, while I work on the documentation.

This Rom hack uses the Rev.5 of the US Version of Pokémon Pearl, and I hope anyone who tries it out has fun!
    To patch, you will need the software "xDelta"

Before questions get asked, why Pokémon Pearl and not Platinum? in all honesty, I have... never actually really went out and played Platinum seriously, maybe I will one day, but it just didn't feel right to make a rom hack for a game I didn't exactly know a whole lot about

Attachments

• Pokemon_Pearl_Slotmod_FinalBeta1.zip
      128.3 KB · Views: 25

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This is oddly specific, i think the only reason someone would give this a spin is out of nostalgia for playing Pearl, especially with how Platinum is the definitive version of Sinnoh to play.

Back