• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • Hey hey, sorry for posting again like this, but i collected the first 6 badges in order, and I'm lost on where to go in order to get the the remaining 2 badges. The NPCs on route 17 are still blocking the way. Thank you in advance!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Hey hey, sorry for posting again like this, but i collected the first 6 badges in order, and I'm lost on where to go in order to get the the remaining 2 badges. The NPCs on route 17 are still blocking the way. Thank you in advance!
    Did you get Surf yet? The town map should also give you a good idea of where to go next.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Did you get Surf yet? The town map should also give you a good idea of where to go next.

Yes i did get surf, but i thought a certain NPC mentioned that surf takes you to new areas but they won't have gyms around. Is there any particular sea route i should take? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Inner Rhymes -- You should be able to get to Carnation Town now. I just overcame the same issue.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Yes i did get surf, but i thought a certain NPC mentioned that surf takes you to new areas but they won't have gyms around. Is there any particular sea route i should take? Thanks!
    Sorry that line wasn't clear enough. I meant there were no gyms across the ocean, but there are still plenty of smaller bodies of water that open up new paths post-Surf.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just updated to the latest patch, and I've reached the part where I'm on the boat to the Pokemon league. I managed to get the VIP ticket and reach the thief, but when i speak to him, the game just crashes. Before updating the same thing happened, except it didn't crash, but a string of glitchy text appeared. I'm using my Myoldboy GBC as my emulator.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I just updated to the latest patch, and I've reached the part where I'm on the boat to the Pokemon league. I managed to get the VIP ticket and reach the thief, but when i speak to him, the game just crashes. Before updating the same thing happened, except it didn't crash, but a string of glitchy text appeared. I'm using my Myoldboy GBC as my emulator.
    Could you DM me your save file? Because I'm unable to reproduce that myself on the most recent version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Got another bugfix patch put up. Fixing a lot of issues of varying levels of importance.
    Spoiler:
    Hi how can I go to Hepatica Town? I can't find strength
    In Palerock Mountain, off Route 3.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Hi there. I am having a great time playing the game but there is a bug in hepatica City. When I try to access the gym I can't and the game freeze after y get close to the shop. I was checking and downloaded a demo 1 update that should fix the bug, however, it didn't and the bug is still there. Is there something I can do to continue playing with my save file? Great game btw !

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Got a small hotfix to put up. The player could get an infinite amount of Spinel Chains and fill up their inventory.
    Hi there. I am having a great time playing the game but there is a bug in hepatica City. When I try to access the gym I can't and the game freeze after y get close to the shop. I was checking and downloaded a demo 1 update that should fix the bug, however, it didn't and the bug is still there. Is there something I can do to continue playing with my save file? Great game btw !
    You haven't updated your game since the demos? If you're still having an issue on the newest version, reload the map by entering a building or something.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    hi there! first of all, loving the game - saw this being reccd over on the romhack subreddit and have been enjoying this game a whole lot!

question though - how do i get surf? i know this has cropped up a few times here, but i can't think of what i'm missing. i just got my 6th badge, and i watched the linked twitch playthrough here to find where you get it. except when i talk to the guy, i don't get the same chat prompt, i just get the same spiel he gave me before i got my 6th badge. is there something else i need to besides acquire 6 badges?

thanks!

UPDATE: nevermind! i realised i had downloaded an old version of the game - got the latest and loaded my outdated one's save file, loaded up a bit weird (received a crash helmet and then credits) but upon loading save in game, i flew back to the coast and got the HM. so ignore my q, but once again, fantastic romhack!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    Where to go next? I have the 6th gym badge and surf. And also how to get to route 14?

go to route 12, before you go up to the mountain with the rock smashing, go left and surf and you'll come to route 14 and eventually carnation town!

also, very cool Sea-Tree with the two guards bit! i did notice that once you beat the right hand guard, an empty dialogue box will pop up and stays in place, even as you move to leave

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    go to route 12, before you go up to the mountain with the rock smashing, go left and surf and you'll come to route 14 and eventually carnation town!

Where did you find surf? I'm also stuck at this point and wondering if I have an outdated version..

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023

Where did you find surf? I'm also stuck at this point and wondering if I have an outdated version..

it's from the members only house in rugosa coast! once you have six badges the left npc dialogue will change and he'll give you it. if he doesn't , you probably have an old version like i did! definitely download the one from this thread. i opened the new version and then loaded the save file of my old version which kinda made the game a bit haywire to begin with and renamed my pokémon boxes hahah but aside from that, i'm now enjoying the game with surf !

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

am i clueless or is there a way to get the boulder down here to get those two items through the hole?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    I've softlocked myself in the Orchid City fighting dungeon/tournament: upon defeating the last trainer in the final, I'm unable to leave as the prize-awarding NPC stops me because I haven't rematched Machamp yet, but it does nothing but grunt when interacted with.

Back