• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    This is a magnificent game. I quite liked the alpha, and I was just wondering, when are you going to release Platinum Blue? After you're done with Platinum Red? Anyways, keep up the good work.

I won't do it after platinum red because it's supposed to be a combo; Platinum: Red & Blue Versions
    If ai had one then another waaay after it'd be platinum red. Platinum blue. That'd just be silly now wouldn't it?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I won't do it after platinum red because it's supposed to be a combo; Platinum: Red & Blue Versions
    If ai had one then another waaay after it'd be platinum red. Platinum blue. That'd just be silly now wouldn't it?

I wanted to ask about that, is there some specific reason for that "Red & Blue" in the Game's title or it's just a way to distinguish it as a Platinum Demake? xD

Cya~

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I wanted to ask about that, is there some specific reason for that "Red & Blue" in the Game's title or it's just a way to distinguish it as a Platinum Demake? xD

Cya~

If you look at some of my videos, some screenies, the banner at the top of the first post or even the first three sentences, you'll notice if you pay very close attention that there's actually two hacks.

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
    Years
    Hey buddy! I'm new here and I going to say this... I really loved this hack rom. I've played the alpha of this hack. It is good so far. When I played it. I has some included bugs but now I can see now you have fix it.

Although, it is a great hack. :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    If you look at some of my videos, some screenies, the banner at the top of the first post or even the first three sentences, you'll notice if you pay very close attention that there's actually two hacks.

Okay, i'm stupid, sorry xD
    Now, that means i have another question..
    What differences will be between both of them?

Oh, btw, will you enable the Battle/Trade 2nd floor at the PCenters in future versions?
    For those who use VBA 1.7.2 + Hamachi or just VBA Link for trading Pokemons and stuff xD

Cya~

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I would suggest to extend the jirachi event until 1st or 2nd january because 2 days event is so short and it was on such days when people didnt had time for gaming not to mention that the pokemon was bugged (dont know if the move bug was fixed) and the hack at the launch had many bugs including ups not getting patched so if you give a week more to the event more people can get it

Were real nintendo events that short too lol?

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Okay, i'm stupid, sorry xD
    Now, that means i have another question..
    What differences will be between both of them?

Oh, btw, will you enable the Battle/Trade 2nd floor at the PCenters in future versions?
    For those who use VBA 1.7.2 + Hamachi or just VBA Link for trading Pokemons and stuff xD

Cya~

The differences between the games are stated within the first 5 sentences of the thread, and what's not stated there is stated in the features tab ;D

To answer your second question, yes, you will be allowed to trade with other PR or PB games. You can't trade with gen 3 there though, you'd have to use the pal park.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    Finished through the Alpha in about half an hour, I experienced some bugs which I'm pretty sure have already been listed previously but overall its developing well and I can't wait for the full release. If you plan on releasing more betas when will we expect them? or are you just gonna do one big final release once its over?

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Finished through the Alpha in about half an hour, I experienced some bugs which I'm pretty sure have already been listed previously but overall its developing well and I can't wait for the full release. If you plan on releasing more betas when will we expect them? or are you just gonna do one big final release once its over?

If you want a full release you'll be waiting until 3014.
    New releases will be soon, but the next thing on the list is fixing alpha 1 bugs. Then we can move onto alpha 2.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    3014? Even though I know it was over exaggerated but it still hurts reading that.
    Next alpha we'll hopefully get till the next city and obtain the Poketch ?

GoGoJJTech

Years
    3014? Even though I know it was over exaggerated but it still hurts reading that.
    Next alpha we'll hopefully get till the next city and obtain the Poketch ?

Well Jubilife is next so the poketch will be available there.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    I'd suggest maybe getting the team size a lot bigger which specialize in tiles, mapping, sprites, scripting, ASM etc. I'm sure the community won't be happy waiting another year to play up to Jubilife City or somewhere small.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I'd suggest maybe getting the team size a lot bigger which specialize in tiles, mapping, sprites, scripting, ASM etc. I'm sure the community won't be happy waiting another year to play up to Jubilife City or somewhere small.

1: I was joking about the 3014 bit
    2: We took so long to get to this point because the main chunks of the game were being created before the aesthetics
    3: We don't have a team and don't plan to get/create one.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    1: I was joking about the 3014 bit
    2: We took so long to get to this point because the main chunks of the game were being created before the aesthetics
    3: We don't have a team and don't plan to get/create one.

Couldn't tell you were joking. Sorry.

Well granted you spent so much time doing the main chunks, I'm sure it won't take long to start releasing further beta much faster.

Most people waited a whole year to play 2 routes, either you underestimated the work required or you needed a larger team to do this.

Take this as constructive, but it seems you need to plan your hack much better, a lot of people were disappointed with the lack of play.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Couldn't tell you were joking. Sorry.

Well granted you spent so much time doing the main chunks, I'm sure it won't take long to start releasing further beta much faster.

Most people waited a whole year to play 2 routes, either you underestimated the work required or you needed a larger team to do this.

Take this as constructive, but it seems you need to plan your hack much better, a lot of people were disappointed with the lack of play.

Well as I said previously, we were working on the main chunks of the games and not aesthetics such as maps and scripts. Also lots of stuff takes time like C projects etc. Research especially. The title screen was the one exception to that.
    Again, there is no team and I don't look forward to putting one together either.
    The reason the alpha was messy was that it was rushed. I made a promise to everyone that there would be some playability by the end of this year, bugs or not, long or not. I'd rather be in this situation than a no-hack situation. The alpha went down very well regardless of the current issues as well. I'm glad that we've gotten positive feedback in the midst of this craziness. And even now we're working to fix alpha 1 into a bug-free version so everyone can finally play what the alpha was meant to be without bugs.
    Next time and on we're going to finish first, then set a release date. The other way around is a terrible idea for us and the players lol

Unbalanced

Divine
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    So if you are going to release a bug free alpha 1 soon what about making the jirachi event available for 2 days again since the first betas had tons of bugs

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So if you are going to release a bug free alpha 1 soon what about making the jirachi event available for 2 days again since the first betas had tons of bugs

And those who were away without real internet have an actually chance at it (the wonders of visting you grandparents in Florida no internet, i've been burning data)

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2016
    The version you released is Platinum Red. I was wondering when you will release Platinum Blue. I realize that they're meant to be a combo, but in the Features section, Platinum Blue supposedly contains diagonal walking, which - as far as i know - wasn't included in the original game. I would imagine it might take gargantuan amounts of time to place such a thing into the game. I really liked the concept of Platinum Blue based on the features mentioned; that's why I asked about when you plan to release it.

That said, do you have any plans on when you'll release an alpha of Platinum Blue?

GoGoJJTech

Years

I was thinking about it since I know there were issues at first but I won't re-release jirachi until 1.3's release.

1.3 Will require a sav restart sadly, but it's no big deal at all. You'll still have your Jirachis everyone.

The version you released is Platinum Red. I was wondering when you will release Platinum Blue. I realize that they're meant to be a combo, but in the Features section, Platinum Blue supposedly contains diagonal walking, which - as far as i know - wasn't included in the original game. I would imagine it might take gargantuan amounts of time to place such a thing into the game. I really liked the concept of Platinum Blue based on the features mentioned; that's why I asked about when you plan to release it.

That said, do you have any plans on when you'll release an alpha of Platinum Blue?

I have no idea when I'll release Platinum Blue. Working on two hacks is a lot of effort, and with alpha 1 bugs bwe have to focus on PR for the time-being as well.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    (In Alpha 1.21)I did the Rowan Lab event(Where you get Return) saved my game, there was continue so it worked, I chose Mystery Gifts and there where no Mystery Gifts, please fix in the next Alpha

The Jirachi event is no longer being distributed for 1.21 or earlier versions. We'll re-distribute it for alpha 1.3, which is being worked on at this moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back