• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • With that in mind, did you provide a way to increase values more easily?

'Cause without hordes, the Wings, or Super Training, I can't really see EV training being an attractive option. Again, not really a big issue- this hack isn't competitive so it's no real loss, and I doubt most people (myself included) don't even mind.

Well I had never planned for anything like this, so there currently is no other way than to do it the classic gen 3 way (idk how that works because I don't even do it or care for it)

I may have to figure out how to squeeze in something else then

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I believe this counts as progress?

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

I've been working on this portion for hours. Thanks to Jambo51 for answering one of my questions though!

(BTW this actually is my team in the game, so that loading part works too)
    [and should I mention the colors]

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    That's a... Deoxys, Mupkip, Tyranitar, Celebi, Groudon and a Rayquaza? There's barely enough space to make out the sprites and they move fast. xD

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That's a... Deoxys, Mupkip, Tyranitar, Celebi, Groudon and a Rayquaza? There's barely enough space to make out the sprites and they move fast. xD

I think they are moving fast it's because of the fast framerate of GBA. {XD}

I don't think that App is needed, just simply leave a person who checks the Friendships of our Pokémon. :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I think they are moving fast it's because of the fast framerate of GBA. {XD}

I don't think that App is needed, just simply leave a person who checks the Friendships of our Pokémon. :D

They're moving quickly because
    A: I made them move fast
    B: The gif recorder I use is slow

The app is completely necessary because it was in the original Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    You done some great work so far keep it up also for possible apps what do you think of one that shows you your teams experience bars and tells you how much more experience they need to level up instead of the alternate of checking them one by one.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • You done some great work so far keep it up also for possible apps what do you think of one that shows you your teams experience bars and tells you how much more experience they need to level up instead of the alternate of checking them one by one.

Sounds like I can have a "mode" for the Pokémon List App to toggle health or XP
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Ah, cool. But what about those Pokémon that weren't in Platinum for those that wanna complete the Pokédex?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Ah, cool. But what about those Pokémon that weren't in Platinum for those that wanna complete the Pokédex?

If you're talking about DP, I'm pretty sure the only Pokémon that don't exist are the new Rotom and Giratina formes

If you're talking about all all Pokémon such as bulbasaur etc, those will be available in Platinum Blue (since it's a 493 hack)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Got it. Makes sense. I might play the Blue version after all. lol Since I'm a dex completionist.

Catching them all has always been the reason I play Pokémon, not battling and "I MSUT SPND 100103894327 HOURS GETING EGS"

I've always loved catching stuff and things, and that's really my only reason to play. But make it too easy and I'm done
    (erm gen 6)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I completed it in X and Omega Ruby. But I still had to back track and replay Emerald, Leaf Green AND Platinum! So it wasn't that easy for me. xD But I rather do that than searching through the terrible GTS. "Sup, gimmie a Mew I'll trade you a Caterpie!" Yeah right...

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I completed it in X and Omega Ruby. But I still had to back track and replay Emerald, Leaf Green AND Platinum! So it wasn't that easy for me. xD But I rather do that than searching through the terrible GTS. "Sup, gimmie a Mew I'll trade you a Caterpie!" Yeah right...

Well I meant the fact that once you beat the Delta Episode all you have left to do is get every single legendary under the sun. I stopped playing because I hate that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    There's that too. But they had a reason for doing so. They wanted to make it possible to complete the dex with just the 3DS games. You know, for the kids I guess. But the newer games are just a lot easier in general, even if you don't wanna complete the dex. Levelling is too easy, trainers seem much weaker. Especially compared to gen 3 and 4. 5 included a hard mode at least, but not from the start. Boo! ^A^;

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Levelling is too easy
    So as not to jump too far from hacking, I don't think that's a bad thing. Grinding is never about difficulty; it's simply a way to add time to an experience in a way that, 9 times out of 10, is super tedious. The new EXP formula added in Gen V and the toggle-able and completely optional EXP Share are probably two of the most important additions to Pokemon that we've seen in a while (well, moreso the latter than the former) solely on the merit that they make training faster and less tedious, especially because Pokemon doesn't really do much to make grinding fun.

Hacks generally don't either, so when a hack includes the new formula, or at least gives EXP Share (new or otherwise) relatively early, it's a godsend. Grinding is seen as more forgivable in hacks because of the fast-forward functionality but despite that it breaks immersion really shouldn't be necessary. Of course, considering that this is a more faithful demake, I don't expect to see the formula here, but it's just my 2 cents on the matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back