• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    No. You will need to trade them to get them. Doing the other way is extremely lazy and uncalled for.

While we're on that topic, will trading be fully functional between vanilla RSE/FRLG and Platinum GBA? Obviously the Sinnoh Pokemon cannot be traded, but hopefully the previous generations' Pokemon will be able to trade.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    While we're on that topic, will trading be fully functional between vanilla RSE/FRLG and Platinum GBA? Obviously the Sinnoh Pokemon cannot be traded, but hopefully the previous generations' Pokemon will be able to trade.

No. You can only trade with PR/PB. You use the Pal Park on the gen 3 games.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    No. You will need to trade them to get them. Doing the other way is extremely lazy and uncalled for.

I'm afraid don't see how letting the player use Steelix or Golem without downloading VBA-Link constitutes laziness on the hacker's part. I know you want to stay true to the originals but this is widely agreed to be one of their weaker points, and it's exacerbated for people playing on flashcarts or emulators. (You also don't have to remove the trade evolution mechanic to add an alternative..)

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    I'm afraid don't see how letting the player use Steelix or Golem without downloading VBA-Link constitutes laziness on the hacker's part. I know you want to stay true to the originals but this is widely agreed to be one of their weaker points, and it's exacerbated for people playing on flashcarts or emulators. (You also don't have to remove the trade evolution mechanic to add an alternative..)

I can understand having trading, but why not have in game trades for most of the trade evo pokemon aside from Steelix (Iron Island anyone). That seems like it would be easier than adding more evo alternatives.

samuelhancock

TheShinyDialga
    Years
    Well if you have an iOS device running iOS 7 or later, GBA4iOS 2.1 will come out with multiplayer support soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Well if you have an iOS device running iOS 7 or later, GBA4iOS 2.1 will come out with multiplayer support soon.
    Re-read what you just wrote. "iOS device running iOS 7 or later"
    Plenty of people don't have iOS 7, whether it's because they personally don't like it, or they can't upgrade to iOS 7. (my friends who own iPod 4th gens come to mind) It's rather unfair to expect people to upgrade their devices just to get multiplayer support for this hack.
    @Gogo: On the topic of trading, I agree with Doesnt. Why make things difficult for the player? Trading evolutions work for the original games, since people tend to play them on real consoles, but in this case, 99% of your fanbase is probably going to play this on a flashcart or an emulator. You might want to take that into consideration. I know you want this to be a 100% accurate demake, but I don't see the point in forcing everyone to use VBA-Link.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    yes, I would like to see something like trade stone in this demake, because it's hard to trade pokemons on smartphones for example android, windows phone... regards!

samuelhancock

TheShinyDialga
    Years
    Re-read what you just wrote. "iOS device running iOS 7 or later"
    Plenty of people don't have iOS 7, whether it's because they personally don't like it, or they can't upgrade to iOS 7. (my friends who own iPod 4th gens come to mind) It's rather unfair to expect people to upgrade their devices just to get multiplayer support for this hack.
    @Gogo: On the topic of trading, I agree with Doesnt. Why make things difficult for the player? Trading evolutions work for the original games, since people tend to play them on real consoles, but in this case, 99% of your fanbase is probably going to play this on a flashcart or an emulator. You might want to take that into consideration. I know you want this to be a 100% accurate demake, but I don't see the point in forcing everyone to use VBA-Link.
    Yeah, a bunch of people don't have them...I was just saying you could use something other than VBA-link.

I guess you could technically find someone who has an iOS 7/ iOS 8 device and put your save file on theirs to trade to someone else's... Man, trading is extremely weird in the world of emulation.

I guess I just don't really care as long as everybody would be able to do something to get those trade-only Pokémon. Maybe have a few in-game trades?

Last edited by a moderator:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
    Yeah, a bunch of people don't have them...I was just saying you could use something other than VBA-link.

I guess you could technically find someone who has an iOS 7/ iOS 8 device and put your save file on theirs to trade to someone else's... Man, trading is extremely weird in the world of emulation.

I guess I just don't really care as long as everybody would be able to do something to get those trade-only Pokémon. Maybe have a few in-game trades?

That also works on MyBoy Emulator(for Android) and probably a few others, including the already called.
    Still thinking that there is no need for such restriction.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I know trading is kinda rough, but for now I will leave everything as it is since you don't get those pokemon early on in the alpha. I may have to get those Jubilife folk to give up their scripts and do trading :P

Years
    I know trading is kinda rough, but for now I will leave everything as it is since you don't get those pokemon early on in the alpha. I may have to get those Jubilife folk to give up their scripts and do trading :P
    You can make Trade Stone in Platinum Blue, maybe people will be happy that way.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    You can make Trade Stone in Platinum Blue, maybe people will be happy that way.

In-game trades is better than a
    "trayd ston"
    First off I don't have any more item space and I want to keep it that way
    also idk why a natural stone would be called that lol

Years
    In-game trades is better than a
    "trayd ston"
    First off I don't have any more item space and I want to keep it that way
    also idk why a natural stone would be called that lol
    Yeah, I see your point. I was just giving an example, but in-game trades aren't really fun, because you must obtain a certain pokémon and then you get another one with a lame nickname, which you can't change lel. and even then you must train that pokémon with its base hapiness, when I could just train it from the moment I catch it. (the reason I never trained Jynx, Mr. Mime or Farfetch'd in FR...)

Oh, but you can just do it how you want, you're the creator of the hack after all :P

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Code:
    [PLAIN][URL=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320333][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/74hHqYG.gif[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Banner six ^ made by Crazy_chu

samuelhancock

TheShinyDialga
    Years
    So Rotom will have its Multi-Form factor, right? Or should I assume differently, seeing as that was an event? Either way, this game will still be a great one!

GoGoJJTech

Years
    So Rotom will have its Multi-Form factor, right? Or should I assume differently, seeing as that was an event? Either way, this game will still be a great one!

It already has it
    It's just that you need the event gift to get the secret key

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back