• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    In regard to the titlescreen I'd also spice up the actual Pokémon logo. The Blue/Yellow looks tacky to me (bothers me in official games). I'd make the colors similar but not 100% same as the Platinum Red/Logo part of the logo, like the Japanese logos would do.

lol if you haven't noticed there's a title screen contest, so it's up to whomever is making the designs.

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Thanks to m.vit, the gamefreak logo has been shrunk and redone in the intro
    Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

https://snag.gy/DTB7o.jpg

GoGoJJTech

Years
    MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clH2mX_6M9M

Things to note:
    1. The logo ball particles still spawn in the middle instead of the right.
    2. On Route 204's moving, you'll see that the sign by the cave disappears. This is due to tilesets conflicting, it'll get done when I finish mapping.
    3. Eterna Forest has been replaced with Route 220. WHY YOU ASK? Well I didn't map Eterna Forest over again, so you get 220. Be happy.
    Credits to shinyquagsire and diegoisawesome for their useful offsets, and gamefreak for this awesome intro that I'm trying to replicate :D

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Ah, got'cha, haha! I thought the latest one I saw was the chosen one.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
    MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clH2mX_6M9M

Things to note:
    1. The logo ball particles still spawn in the middle instead of the right.
    2. On Route 204's moving, you'll see that the sign by the cave disappears. This is due to tilesets conflicting, it'll get done when I finish mapping.
    3. Eterna Forest has been replaced with Route 220. WHY YOU ASK? Well I didn't map Eterna Forest over again, so you get 220. Be happy.
    Credits to shinyquagsire and diegoisawesome for their useful offsets, and gamefreak for this awesome intro that I'm trying to replicate :D
    Nice job with the intro so far! I'm happy that they were able to give you their useful offsets. This intro is coming out really nicely. I can't wait for the final version of the intro, but I guess I'll have to wait for it. Good job GoGo and again, I'm happy that Shiny Quagsire and Diegoisawesome gave you the offsets for this beauty. :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
    I am and i cant wait to see the intro being completed
    Btw is there any reason you dont make a menu screen yourself? xD
    So far the only menu screen that a member made is good but an animated 3D like giratina menu screen would look badass imo

You mean the title screen?

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    The intro looks amazing! It's understandable that there's some patches here and there that need fixing or adding, but I for one am not that picky about it. Keep up the fantastic work, good luck!

Years
    I'm sorry if I sound like a Douchebag, but I don't know why everyone is so hyped about this
    I mean, don't get me wrong, this is FANTASTIC work, it's a huge step forward on GBA Hacking, and JJGoTech is doing an EXCELLENT job, I couldn't do that in a lifetime
    HOWEVER, you can simply play Platinum, when the game does come out, you know what you're gonna get
    Hopeffuly I don't get hated on, it's just my opinion, and JJGoTech, I support your hack, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is that I don't understand the hype

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
    I'm sorry if I sound like a Douchebag, but I don't know why everyone is so hyped about this
    I mean, don't get me wrong, this is FANTASTIC work, it's a huge step forward on GBA Hacking, and JJGoTech is doing an EXCELLENT job, I couldn't do that in a lifetime
    HOWEVER, you can simply play Platinum, when the game does come out, you know what you're gonna get
    Hopeffuly I don't get hated on, it's just my opinion, and JJGoTech, I support your hack, don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is that I don't understand the hype

1st, it's GoGoJJTech, and second, it's in GBA.. GBA > all other platforms XD.. jk... some people haven't played platinum due to some reason(like money?).. or have a crappy pc that can't emulate DS games without lagging.. so yeah.. and there's always Platinum Blue with it's twist and easter eggs if you want something new yet not so new.. XD

Years
    1st, it's GoGoJJTech, and second, it's in GBA.. GBA > all other platforms XD.. jk... some people haven't played platinum due to some reason(like money?).. or have a crappy pc that can't emulate DS games without lagging.. so yeah.. and there's always Platinum Blue with it's twist and easter eggs if you want something new yet not so new.. XD

Sry for the typo :P
    I actually had that same problem, where I couldnt emulate Platinum, but then DesMume 0.9.8 (i believe) came out, and I ran it nearly flawlessly
    But yeah, Platinum Blue really looks promissing
    Good luck JJGoTech! :)
    Ok, now I was just trolling xD

Years

GBA>All other platforms... hmm think i saw that somewhere

@Gogo

Yes the title screen

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years

I guess not everyone can appreciate what this means.

Anyways the new updates look promising as a matter of fact, looking at this thread is one of my daily routines when visiting pc. Keep it up Gogo! We'll always stay hyped :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Is the map in the Looker scene supposed to not be aniamted? Well either way, I'm pretty hyped. And on route 202 I hope you'll add the trainers.

I can't just make a 3d engine and a map just for that, sorry :I

Uh, actually Platinum Blue is Sinnoh but a completely different story.. also 493 if you're into that sorta thing.

GBA>All other platforms... hmm think i saw that somewhere

@Gogo

Yes the title screen

Ofc
    Why wouldn't I animate the title screen? lol

I guess not everyone can appreciate what this means.

Anyways the new updates look promising as a matter of fact, looking at this thread is one of my daily routines when visiting pc. Keep it up Gogo! We'll always stay hyped :)

Hmm I guess we should speed up..
    daniilS where's the dawn stone asm?

that's what I believed when I first saw Pokemon Rom hacks soo.. yeah.. ehmagerd your signature XD

deym title screens though.. it's so 3D-ish and other stuff :D

Since 3d isn't gonna happen, I put up the title screen contest so we could get 2 custom but lookalike title screens for Platinum Red and Blue.
    I've got about 6 submissions and they're all really good. But try to PM me the layers and final outcome instead of putting it here where everyone *may* see the winner (assuming you win)

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    I've been keeping tabs on this thread ever since you announced it! What you're doing is truly extraordinary and I am very impressed. Don't rush and take your time, cause this is going to be hack of the year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back