• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • For those who wanna see a comparison here

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

And

Wait which one is the original game now???
    xD

I'd prefer standing in the same spot looking the same way lol
    so you get a better understanding :D

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    This was as close as I could make it. And yes, I am currently playing a hack of pokemon platinum, but I don't think any graphics were changed.

Sorry it isn't perfect, also that is very good! All you need now is the snow and... is the man in the game already and just not visible? Or have you not programmed him in yet?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • This was as close as I could make it. And yes, I am currently playing a hack of pokemon platinum, but I don't think any graphics were changed.

Sorry it isn't perfect, also that is very good! All you need now is the snow and... is the man in the game already and just not visible? Or have you not programmed him in yet?

I'm doing snow (after I stop getting sidetracked into new items)
    the man is there but he's down there where you can't see him in the pic

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    After comparing the screens i noticed that shadows, the protagonist shadows and the small dot like spots near the houses doors are missing are you adding them too
    Cant wait to see what are you going to do with the distortion world, sky pillar and the ghost house

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    GoGoJJTech: What you could do is use JPAN's OW switch and use a custom OW to look sideways and travel sideways, and same with the tiles
    Found this on romhack.me regarding the walking sideways, upside down etc. in the torn world. Thought people here would like to know about it too :D ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2015
    The only thing missing are the house's shadows, but I know you'll add them (Well... if you can of course, I don't know anything about map editing ^^'')
    I hope you don't have problems with that anyway :)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • After comparing the screens i noticed that shadows, the protagonist shadows and the small dot like spots near the houses doors are missing are you adding them too
    Cant wait to see what are you going to do with the distortion world, sky pillar and the ghost house

sky pillar is for rayquaza lol
    I think you mean SPEAR pillar :D

the ghost house is just another house..

GoGoJJTech: What you could do is use JPAN's OW switch and use a custom OW to look sideways and travel sideways, and same with the tiles
    Found this on romhack.me regarding the walking sideways, upside down etc. in the torn world. Thought people here would like to know about it too :D ^^

That was kinda the point lol

ALSO, NO SHADOWS
    "But gogues u need for demake"
    um.. no? They use tiles (that I can use for other stuff) and they use a pal (that I have none left of)

It's honestly ok if you have space, but not necessary at all.

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • I think Smeargle at R&D already found a solution for that :D.. He found out how to completely change the in-game battle messages.. :D.. but still waiting for his tutorial though.. haha

Well after I said I was going to make a tutorial I decided I would make a tool for it to go along with. But I really haven't had time to finish it. Lol I will just post the lone tutorial now that I am thinking about it.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'm adding items right now, I'm up to the Icicle Plate.
    "So you're replacing raht"

No

Also, found a bug. Adding it to the bug section.

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I have been looking your hack rom and it very good by the way I'm SCX and if this hack goes well, It will be successful.:)

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • Quick question. I noticed that your icons on the video of Burmy and Wormadam don't move like normal icons with a slight variation between to frames, usually only having a one pixel vertical movement at the most. Yours seem to jump off to the side and don't have the animation that they normally would. I don't know if you just haven't gotten around to doing that, if you haven't noticed or what. If you would like me to give you the correct icons (with the normal animation), I would be willing to do that.
    View attachment 71707
    This is what the animation should look like.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Quick question. I noticed that your icons on the video of Burmy and Wormadam don't move like normal icons with a slight variation between to frames, usually only having a one pixel vertical movement at the most. Yours seem to jump off to the side and don't have the animation that they normally would. I don't know if you just haven't gotten around to doing that, if you haven't noticed or what. If you would like me to give you the correct icons (with the normal animation), I would be willing to do that.
    View attachment 71707
    This is what the animation should look like.

The only reason they're not correct 100% is because there's only resources with 1 frame lol

you can send them over, and you'll earn a place in the credits

Years
  • I have a question. Does the Dawn Stone work? You said earlier in your post, that it still doesn't work properly, but in the bugs section, you only wrote about some bug with mail.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I have a question. Does the Dawn Stone work? You said earlier in your post, that it still doesn't work properly, but in the bugs section, you only wrote about some bug with mail.

Right now it doesn't work, but it's not a bug. It's that I haven't inserted its function yet. I have the asm, but I'm working on the rest of the items.

tayub121

Inventor
    Years
  • The only reason they're not correct 100% is because there's only resources with 1 frame lol

you can send them over, and you'll earn a place in the credits

I'm working on a new resource for Pokemon Icons.
    [Resource] Pokemon 32x32 Animated Icon Resource
    It'll take awhile to get all the icons in there. If there are any you particularly need let me know, and I'll upload those first.

If you go to the GEN IV section you'll find I've put in the Burmys, Wormadams, and Mothim.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'm working on a new resource for Pokemon Icons.
    [Resource] Pokemon 32x32 Animated Icon Resource
    It'll take awhile to get all the icons in there. If there are any you particularly need let me know, and I'll upload those first.

If you go to the GEN IV section you'll find I've put in the Burmys, Wormadams, and Mothim.

ok cool, checking it out once I finish items
    just try to get the icons gen 4 finished priority, if that's ok with you. Thanks for the help btw

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2014
    Damn it sucks that shadows will be missing as they are in many places in platinum so this will be noticed while playing the hacks and IMO the shadows are a good eye candy and the hacks look a bit empty theres a feeling that something is missing :(
    Is it hard to add them i was looking at the screens of the hack pokemon pieces of destiny and saw ds like shadows...
    Sorry about the sky pillar i keep confusing those two

Like for example everything in this screen is well made but the missing shadows make it feel empty
    The sign got shadows so it looks ok

I mentioned the haunted house because of the ghosts i want to see how this event will look in your hacks
    Hey also are the pokemon OW's gonna be big like in platinum
    eg Giratina way bigger than the player

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Damn it sucks that shadows will be missing as they are in many places in platinum so this will be noticed while playing the hacks and IMO the shadows are a good eye candy and the hacks look a bit empty theres a feeling that something is missing :(
    Is it hard to add them i was looking at the screens of the hack pokemon pieces of destiny and saw ds like shadows...
    Sorry about the sky pillar i keep confusing those two

Like for example everything in this screen is well made but the missing shadows make it feel empty
    The sign got shadows so it looks ok

I mentioned the haunted house because of the ghosts i want to see how this event will look in your hacks
    Hey also are the pokemon OW's gonna be big like in platinum
    eg Giratina way bigger than the player

yeah, why wouldn't it be bigger lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back