• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Guy I Am

Second Coming
Years
  • Double Read Your Post Man, Because No One Cares If Your Interested On Playing The Pt Red Or Not. And Besides, I Think There's A No Brainer To Think That There's No Reason On Playing The Red One. Couz If Its Really A Full Demake Of The Original One, The Creator Is Really A Pro That He Could Make It On A Gba Rom Base Hope You Understand That. I Didn't Read Your Original Post, I Just Saw It When He Quoted It.

And nobody cares that you dont care if im interested on playing red or not i just posted my opinion like you did too maybe guys who cant play the real game will play red instead of platinum or people will play it just to check the differences between red and platinum but as for me i havent played the original game yet (played diamond which is almost the same game) and i can play the real game so i choose to do so instead of waiting a demake for years on a older device with less features (100% demake or not the ds version still got better graphics and a fanmade game will have more bugs than the original game not to mention less features due to the limit of space or things that need lot of time to be made such as animated pokemon sprites) lol... and an official game>fan made IMO
    But if/when pt blue is completed i may play it for its extra stuff

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Did you and the person who liked your post even read my entire post?
    I SAID THIS IS A GREAT HACK BUT MY NEW PHONE CAN RUN THE REAL DS PLATINUM GAME AT FULL SPEED WITH DRASTIC EMULATOR SO THERES NO NEED TO PLAY PLATINUM RED
    I MAY TRY BLUE BECAUSE OF ITS NEW CUSTOM STORY
    Wrote in caps incase its hard to read for you

That's not the point lol
    The point would be to check out how I did it all, and hopefully inspire more. Not to play Platinum if you already haven't (which you COULD do)

While breaking their convo ^

Here to see the new screenies I haven't seen yet. It looks awesome! :) But what we're all waiting for is the release so we can play it. I know it's hard to do an early release but hope you can. Good luck again! This hack is really amazing <3

Release soon guys :D

Double Read Your Post Man, Because No One Cares If Your Interested On Playing The Pt Red Or Not. And Besides, I Think There's A No Brainer To Think That There's No Reason On Playing The Red One. Couz If Its Really A Full Demake Of The Original One, The Creator Is Really A Pro That He Could Make It On A Gba Rom Base Hope You Understand That. I Didn't Read Your Original Post, I Just Saw It When He Quoted It.

No Need To Start An Argument Here.

I think he meant some guy I am,also any new updates on red??

Sadly, nothing to report.

They're both being developed side by side, so both would have about the same percentage of completion.

That's incorrect lol.
    Platinum Red is farther than Platinum Blue, and that's why the Platinum Red alpha is being released soon and the Platinum Blue alpha way later.

And nobody cares that you dont care if im interested on playing red or not i just posted my opinion like you did too maybe guys who cant play the real game will play red instead of platinum or people will play it just to check the differences between red and platinum but as for me i havent played the original game yet (played diamond which is almost the same game) and i can play the real game so i choose to do so instead of waiting a demake for years on a older device with less features (100% demake or not the ds version still got better graphics and a fanmade game will have more bugs than the original game not to mention less features due to the limit of space or things that need lot of time to be made such as animated pokemon sprites) lol... and an official game>fan made IMO
    But if/when pt blue is completed i may play it for its extra stuff

Actually, it's 100% demake. 100%. So no, space isn't an issue, and no, there are no less features. Everything is the same. Everything. Only difference will be Wi-Fi connectivity since you're obviously not going to get that, and even if you tried on a real Platinum right now it wouldn't work anyway. So there really is no difference as to which is better than which. Just that Platinum has 3d maps, I have 2d maps (It's the exact same look as you can see), other technical stuff (Which we've replicated anyway)

Years
  • I just reviewed the OP, and I was shocked that the diagonal walking/running is only for Platinum Blue, oh well, anyways, I love the progress of your hacks!

But mainly, I just focus on Red, because I would like to see your demake with it.
    Good luck :)

Some Guy I Am

Second Coming
    Years
  • That's not the point lol
    The point would be to check out how I did it all, and hopefully inspire more. Not to play Platinum if you already haven't (which you COULD do)

That's incorrect lol.
    Platinum Red is farther than Platinum Blue, and that's why the Platinum Red alpha is being released soon and the Platinum Blue alpha way later.

Actually, it's 100% demake. 100%. So no, space isn't an issue, and no, there are no less features. Everything is the same. Everything. Only difference will be Wi-Fi connectivity since you're obviously not going to get that, and even if you tried on a real Platinum right now it wouldn't work anyway. So there really is no difference as to which is better than which. Just that Platinum has 3d maps, I have 2d maps (It's the exact same look as you can see), other technical stuff (Which we've replicated anyway)

100% hmm ok what about the camera position and missing shadows
    And when comparing screens between red and platinum the difference is very noticed i cant really say the graphics look the same pt red got less quality graphics like 15% less i guess i got sharp eyes and im the only one who can notice it lol
    Sorry but no matter how hard you try you cant really make a 100% demake unless you make the hack on ds... which would not even be a demake anymore

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    And when comparing screens between red and platinum the difference is very noticed i cant really say the graphics look the same pt red got less quality graphics like 15% less i guess i got sharp eyes and im the only one who can notice it lol
    Sorry but no matter how hard you try you cant really make a 100% demake unless you make the hack on ds... which would not even be a demake anymore

Well, look at it in the context of GBA.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I just reviewed the OP, and I was shocked that the diagonal walking/running is only for Platinum Blue, oh well, anyways, I love the progress of your hacks!

But mainly, I just focus on Red, because I would like to see your demake with it.
    Good luck :)

Sounds good, I look forward to hearing great things from the alpha :D

Shadows are totally possible but aren't in yet so I can actually use my space for important things. Shadows come last if everything's in place.
    About the camera, GBA doesn't have a 3d system, or 3d modeled maps or anything. Platinum Red and Blue are based on Platinum's 2d view, so if you were to view the game in 2d, you'd see 100% no difference other than shadows. That's it. Nothing special about that.
    Your eyes are sharp, since nobody else has really seen that I'm in 2d while Platinum's in 3d lol
    The graphics share palettes since the gba only has 32 palettes. The DS can hold up to.. I dunno.. 256 palettes? For graphics alone. Each little thing you see in Platinum has its own palette. So there is absolutely no way for me to mimic that without my own edits and adjustments to make them into 1 single universal palette. Nothing a computer can do on its own, it's all me trying to fix it together, which is another thing that puts other demakes on the "Quit" side of the forums.

Well, look at it in the context of GBA.

That's exactly correct, it's all about what CAN be done, even if it isn't the same technically. So as far as the mapping and graphics go, it almost is perfectly unnoticeable. I hope this explains a few questions lol

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • That's not the point lol

That's incorrect lol.

Well Whatever, My Bad. I'm Out Of The League But I'll Just Hope That Your Hack Won't Lead To Disappointment Or Added To The Quit Side Of These Forum Or Something Like That. So Best Of Lucks Man.

Last edited:

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    This looks like an absolute marvelous hack. I was a big fan of the gen 4 games, considering I have a whole team of lvl 100s. I can't wait to play Platinum Blue

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • This looks like an absolute marvelous hack. I was a big fan of the gen 4 games, considering I have a whole team of lvl 100s. I can't wait to play Platinum Blue

Might as well try Platinum Red if you get the chance, the alpha will be soon. Platinum Blue's alpha.. I dunno, maybe.. I just don't know how long that'd be from now.

Years
  • I'm curious, why work on platinum blue features now?
    Not saying you guys aren't capable but I would imagine finishing red first and then modifying blue afterwards would allow things to run more efficiently.
    If you or your team were to be working on intros and new features for blue now you may run a potential risk of having to go back over it. You may come to find later in development you want to change some story elements or features that would cause you to rework over what you have done already for blue.

From experience in the development process of 2 mmorpgs, I've noticed this trend while working with some developers.
    But that's just my 2 cents, heads or tails, take it or leave it I'll still be watching this project from my hiding hole.

Last edited:

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Will the extra boxes be implemnted in the first alpha or during last stages of development? :P

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'm curious, why work on platinum blue features now?
    Not saying you guys aren't capable but I would imagine finishing red first and then modifying blue afterwards would allow things to run more efficiently.
    If you or your team were to be working on intros and new features for blue now you may run a potential risk of having to go back over it. You may come to find later in development you want to change some story elements or features that would cause you to rework over what you have done already for blue.

From experience in the development process of 2 mmorpgs, I've noticed this trend while working with some developers.
    But that's just my 2 cents, heads or tails, take it or leave it I'll still be watching this project from my hiding hole.

We're doing both features at once so we don't have to go back and do them again. So basically I'll just have to edit other stuff. Better than doing features, scripting, mapping etc etc
    Doing it all back for platinum blue for no reason at all when I coulda done it at the exact same time
    :D

Will the extra boxes be implemnted in the first alpha or during last stages of development? :P

Not right now, but I can assure you it'll be in there eventually.

Years
  • ABILITIES AND MOVES ARE *DONE*

I say *done* because there are still particle animations, but that means we can move on to something new and hopefully finish! Wish us luck everyone!

Are old abilities and moves updated too?

By the way, I so hope MrDollSteak will add them to his patch too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back