• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
  • Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!
    Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

I know I know
    "GOGO! WHAT
    ARE
    YOU
    DOING
    THOSE TABLE :O"
    I hear you loud and clear. Those tables. Those tables.
    Spoiler:

WELL WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS..
    I ran out of colors. But the rest of the map is pretty..? I guess.. not bad.. eh..
    Comments?

While you guys rant about them tables I'll just go and start Oreburgh..

gogo

the tabes

the TABES

It actually looks pretty decent.. Maybe just color the rest of the table beige?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I like the maps except for the chair because i dont like outlines.
    Also this counts as one map? Since they are nearly identical mirrored.

They're the Rival house and the Player house.

From my view, the floor cushions and the stool look out of place in the house. But the rest of the design looks fantastic! Keep it up! (that's all I've been saying huh?)

That's how they look in regular Platinum actually, quite weird though since this is 100% 2d. Nothing really I can do about it.

gogo

the tabes

the TABES

It actually looks pretty decent.. Maybe just color the rest of the table beige?

No colors left sorry :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    What if you make the table or something else a sprite? The BG and OAM are different palette sets like the GBC, right? If not, it doesn't bother me. The game's music is in, so I'm happy.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Im my opinion the indoor map look acceptable, but really, for stetical reasons I really hate when the people put in a map tiles with outilnes and tiles without oultines, the chair tile looks weird in the map, try to delete the black outlines to make a good map with good harmony tiles c:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Title Screen Contest - Winners!

I should have done this two days ago, but the winners of the Title Screen Contest have been decided. First, I'd like to thank all the participants because it shows all of the hacks' support, and the contestants had some REALLY good ideas to present. The winners are down below:

Platinum Red:
    Platinum Blue:

The creator for these two title screens is joltjolteon, big thanks to him. The idea he had was to move the Giratina up and down, and that's a great idea which I've accepted. Keep that in mind before you say that the Giratinas in each title screen are in different Y positions lol

Now, I'll return to mapping Oreburgh City!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • I should have done this two days ago, but the winners of the Title Screen Contest have been decided. First, I'd like to thank all the participants because it shows all of the hacks' support, and the contestants had some REALLY good ideas to present. The winners are down below:

Platinum Red:
    Platinum Blue:

The creator for these two title screens is joltjolteon, big thanks to him. The idea he had was to move the Giratina up and down, and that's a great idea which I've accepted. Keep that in mind before you say that the Giratinas in each title screen are in different Y positions lol

Now, I'll return to mapping Oreburgh City!

These.. Oh my god. These are beautiful. jesus christ

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
    Years
  • Wow! Looks awesome! Definitely gonna try it out.

Nevermind, it's not complete. Where have you reached?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Wow! Looks awesome! Definitely gonna try it out.

Nevermind, it's not complete. Where have you reached?

Well first mapping got to Solaceon, then after we had to redo the mapping we got to Route 205, then by REremapping (current stage) We're up to a little bit of a jumble lol. Oreburgh is being worked on, Jubilife isn't completed, Sandgem either, and Floaroma. The rest is pretty much done. For the alpha, I'll need to complete those maps and route 207 and then we're good!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • By rest you mean the rest of the whole map? Because the Elite 4 .gif makes me thinks it's all done.

Actually, the E4 was from a demo that would showcase the new pokemon and moves in action, but we never released it. The first alpha will have up to the first Mars battle, then after that it's free roam, so you can actually travel around, but the maps I mentioned are the borders. You'll be blocked off from the rest of the region simply because it's not in the alpha lol
    And for those planning walk through walls, forget about it ;D
    /me always plans ahead.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Wow those hacks looks great!!. Btw, how have you implented/about to implent the sinnoh dex to be seperate from the national dex?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Much better than trying to hack the entire pokedex code, just write a list and you're done.

Well i'll try to learn a Bit of C for this, when i'll be even a little bit skilled, would you be able to give me a lead on this?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Well i'll try to learn a Bit of C for this, when i'll be even a little bit skilled, would you be able to give me a lead on this?

You really can't learn C for what I use it for anywhere.. It's something self-taught that a few of us have started to do. If you really want to learn, then join the chat, I can help you out.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I think one reason I've been so unmotivated for the past 2 weeks to hack is because I lost the feel for Sinnoh itself.. And that's something that gets me scared since Sinnoh is, in fact, my mind's home. One thing that I always do that gets me to love Sinnoh is listen to the Platinum Red and Blue soundtrack, and I haven't done that in a long time due to some changes in my life. Well, here goes nothing.

*GoGo listens to the Platinum soundtrack

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back