• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • I wonder if anybody has mentioned the graphic bug in the Pokemon Center, where the Fire Red healing station is not aligned with Platinum Red's. By that, I mean that the flashing screen is to the side of the PRs.

That's not a bug, it's incomplete work. I knew about it before even releasing the alpha. I'll have to see what I can do about it.

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
    Years
  • Hey GoGoJJTech,

Just wanted to give you a quick compliment on the way you're handling your hack. I am a video game developer/programmer, and I took a course in the proper way to handle game development as far as glitch fixing, talking to your customers etc., and the way you are handling this is just like a proper game, not just a hack. You're not dismissive of criticism, you work hard, you strive for the most complete perfection on each individual detail, and you pump out great work day after day. I know it may not mean a whole lot, but this is by far the most polished hack I've seen on these forums, and I've been around a long time (longer than my join date suggests, I was around when Zel was still working on Shiny Gold), I'm super proud of what you're doing, and the fact that you're only 16 is amazing to me. When I was 16, I was just sitting around playing games. You're gonna go far, kid, keep up the great work!

- J

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    Been a long time since I last posted in here. Popping in to let you know I'm still following this awesomely great hack. The alpha was a bit buggy and unfinished, but looking past that the potential is there. Glad to know the kinks are being ironed out for the 1.3 release :)

Are you also fixing the saving right before choosing the starter bug, and the fact that after choosing your starter, the script does not continue as it should until you try to walk away or talk to the Prof?

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, or if you're aware of this, or maybe it's just me, but Barry's OW sprite on the page where you enter his name is glitched up.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Been a long time since I last posted in here. Popping in to let you know I'm still following this awesomely great hack. The alpha was a bit buggy and unfinished, but looking past that the potential is there. Glad to know the kinks are being ironed out for the 1.3 release :)

Are you also fixing the saving right before choosing the starter bug, and the fact that after choosing your starter, the script does not continue as it should until you try to walk away or talk to the Prof?

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, or if you're aware of this, or maybe it's just me, but Barry's OW sprite on the page where you enter his name is glitched up.

Well 1.3 is basically Alpha 1 but without the bugs. I hope that explains lol

The rival is very known, and I've known about it before the Alpha came out. I just haven't fixed it yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    Well 1.3 is basically Alpha 1 but without the bugs. I hope that explains lol

The rival is very known, and I've known about it before the Alpha came out. I just haven't fixed it yet.

I see. Thanks :)

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey everyone.

This weekend I've been stocked up on schoolwork, so I haven't really done much. But I have things to update on:

Trying to capture a pokemon results in A) The game freezes or B) The pokemon is uncatchable and will repeat the last used move it dished out ~ Fixed for next release

When playing as any gender ~ If you save right before choosing the starter, when you finally do choose the starter after resuming the game results in a black screen ~ Fixed for next release

The title screen sometimes leaves some music playing and never stops. ~ Fixed for next release

So the biggest bugs are now out of the way. If you're still interested as to what remains to be fixed check out this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8547548&postcount=2188

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Great work so far! I only have few questions:

- In next Alpha our saves from 1.3 will be compatible with next releases?
    - When Platinum intro will be finished and working in your hack?
    - Why Pokemons names are not written with capital letter? (Like in original Platinum and every other Pokemon game, for me it looked better especially during battles)

Good luck with your hack!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Great work so far! I only have few questions:

- In next Alpha our saves from 1.3 will be compatible with next releases?
    - When Platinum intro will be finished and working in your hack?
    - Why Pokemons names are not written with capital letter? (Like in original Platinum and every other Pokemon game, for me it looked better especially during battles)

Good luck with your hack!

You will have to restart from the current releases to the new 1.3.

When it's finished.

Because I de-capitalized them so it doesn't look wrong.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Incredible so far. I almost forgot the game wasn't finished and was a little bummed when I couldn't continue. lol The game looks so identical to the DS version. The GBA has such hidden powers doesn't it? This game should run a little faster than the original too. I really like the music as well. Good luck to you and I'll check back for more whenever they come. ^^

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • New Title Screen Example

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Since daniilS is also a creator he's now on the Title Screens.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Is it wrong that I played this so called unstable and unenjoyable "demo" for 1,20 hours then? I had to do EVERYTHING. Including looking at the maps side to side and listening to the music with my DS game. I dunno why I get so excited over playing a hack based of a game that already exists but somehow it's like reliving a lost part in your memory. Wait, that sounded weird... It's not like I've forgotten about it, I played through Platinum last year. But this is even better, I mean it's on a GBA, anyone can understand it's crazily awesome!

Years
  • I cant patch the rom can someone help me? :'(

First of all download NUPS.

Now follow these steps:

1. Open NUPS
    2. Click "Apply an UPS patch to a file"
    3. Input the rom and the corresponding patch in the correct places
    4. Go to the section that says "If file is invalid" and switch it from abort to ignore
    5. Click patch

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back