• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimnor

» imperishable
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    There are a lot of weirdos on this site that like to pretend, but I don't do that
    I dont know man, when did you decide to become a troll?

Anyway, I'll stick to what FBI said a few pages ago. I didnt read the whole story behind your project but I feel like you really do waste your time with all these dumps and automated things. Like that **** aint even necessary but oh well, it is your time after all. As a long time lurker I am a bit disappointed due to your progress (gameplay wise) being near non existant. Let's see what 2016 brings upon this project though.

Best of luck!

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Hey!
    I learned about platinum red and blue just today and I took an immediate interest in them.
    This is probably me derping but I can't seem to be able to find platinum blue at the downloads section at your site. Hasn't it been released yet?
    I realize this might have been discussed again, and I apologize if it has, but I just can't spare the time to look through 117 pages :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2021
    Hey!
    I learned about platinum red and blue just today and I took an immediate interest in them.
    This is probably me derping but I can't seem to be able to find platinum blue at the downloads section at your site. Hasn't it been released yet?
    I realize this might have been discussed again, and I apologize if it has, but I just can't spare the time to look through 117 pages :(
    Yup. It hasn't been released yet, but currently there are some new BGM stuffs on youtube only for platinum blue. Check her channel.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Long time I haven't posted anything but I can definitely see some updates *not mapping*..... just kidding.
    Speaking for myself and only I prefer a hack that takes it time to get polished instead of rushing it to hell.
    Glad to see the infamous creator hasn't lost his interest.

Well the past few months I've been getting ready for college/university and I haven't been using my laptop as much.

I dont know man, when did you decide to become a troll?

Anyway, I'll stick to what FBI said a few pages ago. I didnt read the whole story behind your project but I feel like you really do waste your time with all these dumps and automated things. Like that **** aint even necessary but oh well, it is your time after all. As a long time lurker I am a bit disappointed due to your progress (gameplay wise) being near non existant. Let's see what 2016 brings upon this project though.

Best of luck!

I only troll people who believe trolls exist (͡°͜ʖ͡°)
    Also why is automating things a waste of time? That makes no sense.. (automation.. waste of time..)
    I'd rather spend 30 minutes inserting dex entries using automation than 4 months. I'd also rather spend 2 days on inserting all maps and scripts than countless edits and mistakes
    And PRPB take a long time because neither daniilS or I hack daily or weekly

Hey!

Platinum Blue isn't released yet. Platinum Red has a short alpha but I'd recommend you don't try it since it's bad news bears D:

There's also a search button on this site

P.S Merry Christmas to all! Hope you have a great day! :)

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • So, I tried Platinum Red. I played it on MyBoy on Android so I'll provide you some feedback
    Alpha Version : 1.3
    Android Version : 5.0
    MyBoy! Version : 1.6.2

The game ran relatively smoothly. I believe there was a minor speed decrease (it ran at about 92-95% ). The known glitch of Sandgem's PokeCenter during the tour is still there. The music was trembling a bit from time to time. Also noticed some fps drops occasionally. MyBoy!'s features seem to work (I tried x2 and x4 speed but noticed fps drop, save/load state work as intended).

Not really sure if this helps, but seeing the amount of effort you're putting for this, I couldn't help but try to be of use :P
    Keep up the good work!!

Merry Christmas to you too !! (Even tho a bit late)

Edit : My phone keeps posting twice, I'll keep deleting lol

Last edited:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • So, I tried Platinum Red. I played it on MyBoy on Android so I'll provide you some feedback
    Alpha Version : 1.3
    Android Version : 5.0
    MyBoy! Version : 1.6.2

The game ran relatively smoothly. I believe there was a minor speed decrease (it ran at about 92-95% ). The known glitch of Sandgem's PokeCenter during the tour is still there. The music was trembling a bit from time to time. Also noticed some fps drops occasionally. MyBoy!'s features seem to work (I tried x2 and x4 speed but noticed fps drop, save/load state work as intended).

Not really sure if this helps, but seeing the amount of effort you're putting for this, I couldn't help but try to be of use :P
    Keep up the good work!!

Merry Christmas to you too !! (Even tho a bit late)

Edit : My phone keeps posting twice, I'll keep deleting lol

There's no need for you to try to be of some use. You pointed out things she's already aware of, and you didn't need to say the alpha and Android version. And the frame drops might be because of MyBoy tbh. I used VBA and didn't have frame drops, so idk. But trust me, GoGo's got this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Happy holidays! I remembered to check back here again. School and the endless Swedish winter darkness made me so sleepy. lol Seriously it's a bit of a pain and the summer is the opposite. Always light.

Good to see some things getting ( more ) done. Too bad about your charger tho... Hopefully you'll get it solved soon if you haven't already. Bad things happen. We'll just have to wait a bit longer but I think we'll survive. xD Always looking forward to this hack.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Happy holidays! I remembered to check back here again. School and the endless Swedish winter darkness made me so sleepy. lol Seriously it's a bit of a pain and the summer is the opposite. Always light.

Good to see some things getting ( more ) done. Too bad about your charger tho... Hopefully you'll get it solved soon if you haven't already. Bad things happen. We'll just have to wait a bit longer but I think we'll survive. xD Always looking forward to this hack.

Well I can get some things done anyway, it's just slower.
    I'm working right now but I've hit a wall too D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Well as long as you figure it out it's all good. :) "Too many chefs = bad soup" I guess. lol

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Well as long as you figure it out it's all good. :) "Too many chefs = bad soup" I guess. lol

Well with the help of ipatix, I've gotten past the obstacle

Now I can continue on!
    jAY6i.jpg

Yeah! Not done yet!

EDIT: Done, now inserting TV thingydoodler

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • So I decided to automate trainers.
    I decided that I was going to rip the trainer data from Platinum.

That was the best idea ever

First test: http://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/extras/_PBTrainers.s

(just copy and paste it or download it)
    Obviously it didn't work, but it's the right direction to start in! Soon trainers will be done

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Today I've worked more on the trainers!
    http://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/extras/_PBTrainers.s

(Just copy everything or save the file so you can look at it clearly)

The only thing NOT working right now are the intro musics and the trainer sprites. Every single other thing in this entire file works!

EDIT: Trainer sprites work, I just have to import the resized trainer sprites from Platinum

Last edited:

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
  • Looking good as always :) anticipating PRPB even more now that I know everything will be as close to Platinum as possible!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Looking good as always :) anticipating PRPB even more now that I know everything will be as close to Platinum as possible!

Well that has always been the goal, so.. :0

Also,since DNS sucks, shinyquagsire and I are remaking Platinum's day and night system for emerald.
    qIH1g.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back