• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon: Platinum Version - speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Yes, I've actually mentioned this before. Just for the note, you might find it not useful at all, but how often do you actually get a chance to check the GTS?

Well, I might have missed it or forgotten it. But actually, I check the GTS whenever it is most convenient for me, like I would think most people would. But the Pokemon offered depends on how useful the E-mail function will be. A trade like a Bidoof for a LV. 100 Mewtwo could take days or weeks before the trade occurs. In this situation, the E-mail service would be useful. However, a trade like a Dialga for a Jirachi happens in a matter of moments.

In Japan, mobile phone emailing are typical. So, people in Japan will be able to have their phone alert them when their trade is done. Same applies to Wii consoles.

I would agree that Mobile E-mail is typical in Japan. But that doesn't mean that everytime their cell phone rings, WiFi will instantly be available to claim their Pokemon. They could be in a location where WiFi is unobtainable to them. Meaning they would have to claim when it is most convenient for them, which people do on a normal basis with the GTS anyway. My phone doesn't give me the option to view my mail unlike the iPhone or Blackberry. So I could only use it when I'm on my computer, which is pointless since checking it on the GTS is faster than checking my E-mail to see if I've gotten a trade. Same goes for the Wii. So to not opt-in my E-mail is probably the best idea for me.

In my opinion, the new feature's utilization is situational based on location and accessibilty. Please don't get me wrong by thinking it is dumb and useless, I just think that sending notification E-mails when a trade occurs sounds better than the actual usefulness of the function.

On Topic:
    I don't under stand the whole egg thing. What is it supposed to be?

As described by Bulbapedia:
    Bulbapedia said:
    Over local wireless, there is a new feature where the player and their friends can put their Pokémon eggs in and randomly swap.

I know, it's still a bit vague whether its a random Pokemon or one of your friends. But I don't think there's enough information to tell exactly what it does

Zenn said:
    That sounds useful. Actual E-mail address? Like NameGoesHere@???.com?

Most likely.

Zenn said:
    Off Topic:
    Just to put this out there, the 5th generation Pokemon game's names are revealed.

Names + Source - Click Below
    Spoiler:

I really don't buy those names. I think it's just speculation names. Kind of like how pre-Platinum release, many believed it would be called Opal. The elements they use for the name are also incredibly random.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow nice. The conveyor belts in the mine move and extend all the way in. The satilites infront of veilstone headquarters move and the ring around it moves as well! Also in your underground base you can get a fridge. If it wasnt already given in dp.There is also a new site the site that serebii mentioned. That third trailer also reveals palm trees infront of the new frontier a mini map on location of the frontier and some other stuff.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Pokémon Cadium and... what was that? They sound so stupid, aren't those like radioactive stuff btw?
    I really hope Nintendo doesn't go with it, it's probably just speculation. It would throw endless amounts of dirt on top of the wonderful G/S/C generation and backwards.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hey um i took this line from a forum:
    Emerald was basically R/S with battlefrontier. Platinum is D/P 2.0 , this is in a new sinno, with a few more pokemon and who knows what else?
    So yeah i think this suits it perfectly. Oh and the egg thing sweet. Ill just put a bidoof baby in and get my 8 year old cuz to put a baby mudkip in. Hehe.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Big numbers come our way! Well i have news from pokemon platinum!
    GET Point #1 says "Sinnoh Pokémon have increased by 59! Collect seals for 210 Sinnoh area Pokémon. Gather up all of them and complete the 'dex!" Of course, these Pokémon are not necessarily new. They might be 59 additional Pokémon taken from the existing 493 species in the National Dex
    Pokémon: Platinum Version - speculation

Above pic for proof of a non fan based rumor.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, as Serebii said, I figure that these 59 Pokemon are the 4th Gen Pokemon not in the Sinnoh dex(ie. Heatran, Yanmega, etc) and their pre-evolved forms. Only thing is, I counted all of these and I come to a total of 58. I counted three times to make sure, heh. So now I'm wondering what that last one will be. ^^

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Well, as Serebii said, I figure that these 59 Pokemon are the 4th Gen Pokemon not in the Sinnoh dex(ie. Heatran, Yanmega, etc) and their pre-evolved forms. Only thing is, I counted all of these and I come to a total of 58. I counted three times to make sure, heh. So now I'm wondering what that last one will be. ^^

If there is only 58. That may mean there might be one new Pokemon.

Is there a possiblity that there maybe 59 completly new Pokemon?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Hiroshi Sotomura said:
    Talking to trainers in the 2nd gym triggers the movement of the clock in the gym.

What does this mean?

From the "no Wi-Fi Underground" news, this makes me a little happy. I was upset that you couldn't get the other Sinnoh pokemon easily without doing certain things, so hopefully this remedies that by making it easy to catch new species.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    If there is only 58. That may mean there might be one new Pokemon.

Is there a possiblity that there maybe 59 completly new Pokemon?
    I doubt that there are any new Pokemon, just a few different forms that we are currently unaware of.

If there were new Pokemon, they still wouldn't show up in Diamond and Pearl. Thus, trainers could only use these new Pokemon when trading and battling from Platinum to Platinum. And in my opinion, I don't see this happening.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Uh im probably crazy and all but what if and if shaymin an event pokemon is in as a sinnoh dex poke? I know but you got to think that as a 50% chanced guess

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I watched the opening video from the link provided by Hiroshi Sotomura. If you look at 2:02, when Lucas surfs to the Elite Four Entrance, it seems that he moves much faster using Surf than before.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    So are any of them new? it says the all arent necessarily new but that leaves an open remark.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah this is more like it. I hated the kiddy look of dps pokedex. Now we are talkin! Ok ill shut up and give yeh forumers the pic.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, the news are doubling. At least the new formes will be revealed soon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Love the monferno sprite aswell. The dex is nicer but I liked it anyway.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmm a certain forum is now in debate(were else do pokefans go besides here?) Anyweh yeah we are in aq fickle. Why? Well this here could be a hint to why all 3 starters are in the dex as caught.

Wah does that show would be your answer if you cant notice certain things. But if you can and like me took it like that then yeah pikachu could be in the starter line.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back